User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree14Likes

Thread: Best Credit Cards in Canada For Rewards

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Hi Everyone. I was wondering what are the best credit card rewards out there in Canada? I currently have RBC Rewards Gold, and I really don't get a good return in points. I have looked in to PC Financial Mastercard. Not sure if it's worth it? What are everyone's thoughts? Thanks!
    This thread is currently associated with: N/A

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

I love my PC master card. No fee and it racks up the points. I have the world elite card and earn about $2000 a year in points. I use it for everything including any bills I can pay by credit card.
    Neeenerz likes this.
    Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by lilo0003 View Post
    I love my PC master card. No fee and it racks up the points. I have the world elite card and earn about $2000 a year in points. I use it for everything including any bills I can pay by credit card.
    That's great, thanks! I should look more in to this. Is there a limit that they offer you?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Trading Score
    13 (100%)

It's a matter of finding the card or combination of cards that best fits your needs, your spending pattern and what type of rewards you value most. As a simple example, if what you want most is to save on flights, you're almost certainly better served by getting a travel card than a cashback one.

And don't automatically rule out cards with annual fees. depending on how much you spend and at what types of merchants, they can be more rewarding.
    Colsgirl and Neeenerz like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    8 (100%)

I live in the west and I have an Alaska Airlines CC, they fly from my local airport and they have about 15 partner airlines ... so I can use the airmiles to go pretty much anywhere. I also get a companion flight every year.
    Ciel and Neeenerz like this.
    Built Bars 15% off sitewide, free shipping when you spend $25. User the code LOUISE2020 to get another 10%

PC Insiders please use my code LR1507 you get $25 and I get $10 in points

Contradiction in progress sweet sparrow's Avatar
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

I have four cards. One is my PC Financial MC for NF, RCSS, Fortinos, and SDM for the 3% return. I also have a Tangerine MC because I also frequent other grocery stores, monthly bills, and buy gas for 2% back very regularly. Eating out and home improvement is also marked for 2% return on DH's card. There's another category but I can't remember what it is.

For all else is my Capital One MC card that returns 1.5% on everything but is no longer available for new clients.

My latest card which I am waiting for in the mail is a Home Trust Visa because my car mechanic only takes Visa. The Visa also has no foreign exchange fee for the US, in case I ever purchase something there.

All are no fee so I don't have to worry about purchasing some minimum amount to make it worth it.
    Last edited by sweet sparrow; Mon, Jul 30th, 2018 at 04:14 PM.
    Ciel likes this.

Banned
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Vote for PC card
    Last edited by natalieroi; Sat, Sep 22nd, 2018 at 04:55 AM.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

I was passing a TD Canada Trust branch today and noticed a promotional poster for the TD Infinite Visa. Offer expires Dec. 3, 2018 and you do this:
    Get 9% Cash back dollars on the first three months of card use up to a $3500 spend. Oh, but there is a high annual fee and the interest rate is just over 20%. Details: https://www.td.com/ca/en/personal-ba...infinite-card/

There is an annual cap of $15000 spend for each category of recurring bill payments, grocery purchase, and gas purchases.
    Newfiescreech likes this.
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Trading Score
    13 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Ciel View Post
    I was passing a TD Canada Trust branch today and noticed a promotional poster for the TD Infinite Visa. Offer expires Dec. 3, 2018 and you do this:
    Get 9% Cash back dollars on the first three months of card use up to a $3500 spend. Oh, but there is a high annual fee and the interest rate is just over 20%. Details: https://www.td.com/ca/en/personal-ba...infinite-card/

There is an annual cap of $15000 spend for each category of recurring bill payments, grocery purchase, and gas purchases.
    IDK about this specific card, but the welcome bonus for other Infinite Visas often includes the first year fee being waived or credited back.
    Newfiescreech and Ciel like this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

just wondering about all this credit card with 1st yr free promo + points
    if i apply for 1 and i convert their points to gift card and a few months later i cancel the card (before 1yr)
    will they allow me to cancel it or will there be a penalty charge? (since i used the points already!)
    Ciel likes this.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Just noticed the TD Infinite Visa offer is revised for up to Feb. 25, 2019-get 6% Cash Back on the first three months of purchases (up to same cap of $3500).

Fine print detail on qualifying purchases for the first $3500 spend:
    Merchant Category Codes: To earn the Welcome Bonus Rebate on Gas Purchases and Grocery Purchases, the Gas Purchase or Grocery Purchase must be made at merchants classified through the Visa network with a Merchant Category Code ("MCC") that identifies them in the "gas" or "grocery" category. Some merchants may sell gas or gas station services or products, or groceries or grocery items, or have separate merchants located on their premises that also sell gas or gas station services or products, or groceries or grocery items, but may not be classified with a gas or grocery MCC and such Purchases will not earn the Welcome Bonus Rebate. If you have questions about the MCC that applies to a Purchase, contact TD at 1-800-983-8472. Other Conditions: Welcome Bonus may be changed, withdrawn or extended at any time and cannot be combined with any other offer unless otherwise indicated.
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

There are many type of credit card you find outside canada. Its only the best one if it suits your spending behaviour etc.

tightwad and proud of it! brunt's Avatar
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Mine is Canadian Tire credit card. You get CT money with every purchase, including five cents per litre of gas. Considering this is where we buy almost all of our gas, it adds up. Of course, no fee - I will never pay a CC company a fee for anything.
    Ciel likes this.

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

Starting today there is a policy change ( Started on August 1st actually ) from PC World Elite Mastercard .
    You now must spend $15,000 annually to keep the card and all of its benefits. If you have not racked up $15,000 in charges between Aug 1st, 2021 and July 31, 2022 they will demote you to a lesser card ( a No fee regular MC ) , which has less attractive rewards.
    Ciel21 likes this.

babies teach us acceptance

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by walkonby View Post
    Starting today there is a policy change ( Started on August 1st actually ) from PC World Elite Mastercard .
    You now must spend $15,000 annually to keep the card and all of its benefits. If you have not racked up $15,000 in charges between Aug 1st, 2021 and July 31, 2022 they will demote you to a lesser card ( a No fee regular MC ) , which has less attractive rewards.
    This WAS my fav card. I have been boycotting it since I had issues with it over a week ago saying the `PIN` wasn`t working and after many calls in and them locking it I was angry and tossed it in my drawer lol.
    They have since called me to confirm that all was ok and took the lock off it but I still don`t trust it now after the issues I had.

Guess I better decide if I want to keep it and start using it now. (Mind you my spending is way down since I am downsizing and getting ready to retire lol so not really spending)
    walkonby and Ciel21 like this.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information