User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
Like Tree39Likes

Thread: I went to a really bad Salon today & got a really bad haircut!

Trading Score
    37 (100%)

I once found a hairstylist, I would go in and ask her to thin it out because it was so thick I always had poofy hair, broke everything I used to tie it back. She would laugh everytime I came in, because I was the only person who asked to have my hair thinned out! LOL! But, she moved and I never found her again!

Quote Originally Posted by Bronwen View Post
    Me too and it's so long. But what these hair stylists don't realize is that when I say it bounces up 2-3 inches shorter than what they cut, I actually fkn mean it LOL.

This is why I have been going to the same woman since I was 12 cause she is the only one who knows how to handle it haha. Anyone else I've tried has been too intimidated by it. I did finally find a guy at a local salon here but I'm moving now so I am afraid the search will start for me very soon

Trading Score
    228 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by couponmamaof03 View Post
    I once found a hairstylist, I would go in and ask her to thin it out because it was so thick I always had poofy hair, broke everything I used to tie it back. She would laugh everytime I came in, because I was the only person who asked to have my hair thinned out! LOL! But, she moved and I never found her again!
    Haha I ask every time as well! Otherwise it's just scary
    Join me, and other women like YOU! BELIEVE & TRANSFORM is a community of positive, uplifting women who support and encourage each other with ZERO judgement!

We are women supporting women; moms helping moms. We are YOU. Join us today

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by FallenPixels View Post
    I went for my appt at my regular salon and the girl who usually cuts my hair had to leave so a more senior stylist took my appt, I will never go back there. I told her exactly what I wanted and my hair ended up 6 inches shorter and not at all in the style I asked for.

This is EXACTLY why I waited for mine to come back to work after she had surgery.
    My hair looked like crap for 4 weeks, but I trust my stylist to do what i like and want, and I am not going to trust anyone else unless I have to find a new one and even then we will take it slow lol.

I guess I am vain, but having my hair, my nails, my clothes and my makeup (when I have the time for it) look right is VERY important to me.
    If something does not look right or feel right, I do not feel right. I do not have to be all glammed up (im wearing ripped jeans, a hoodie and my hair is in a pony right now, so nothing glamourous here), but it is important for my self esteem and confidence to know that I am put together and all of the pieces fit....even if I am not using them to their full extent.
    Love like crazy everyday and smile.

Trading Score
    228 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by i_forget View Post
    I guess I am vain, but having my hair, my nails, my clothes and my makeup (when I have the time for it) look right is VERY important to me. But it is important for my self esteem and confidence to know that I am put together and all of the pieces fit....even if I am not using them to their full extent.
    I don't think that's vain. If I'm having a bad hair day I feel rotten about myself. I don't usually wear much make up - mascara and that concealer stick thingy for the darkness under my eyes (I'm anemic so when I forget to take my iron, which is most days, it gets bad). And I don't spend much on clothes. But my hair is like that for me. It's not vain. It's just that us women like to feel comfortable about certain things
    Join me, and other women like YOU! BELIEVE & TRANSFORM is a community of positive, uplifting women who support and encourage each other with ZERO judgement!

We are women supporting women; moms helping moms. We are YOU. Join us today

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

oh gee my daughter got a cut in toronto last week and said trim please and he layered chunks -she has fine blond hair -its a mess she said and when i seen it before my mom's funeral the other day -i just said pin it on one side and summer will be here before you know it-i am so glad i stick to the same girl i have been going to for the past 10 years

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

is it one of those operated by new immigrants who had no special training whatsoever? what they can do for you, you can easily do yourself and even better. i don't ever trust these people, ripoffs.

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Hollywood1818 View Post
    if you were closer i have a great hair dresser in aurora
    I'd love to know who you would recommend in Aurora. Thanks in advance!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    245 (100%)

So....what is it about us that we actually pay the bill when we do not receive anything remotely close to what we asked for? I have often wondered this. If someone came to cut my lawn and hacked the heck out of it, leaving it a total mess, I wouldn't pay him. But when they do the same to us at salons we feel, for some reason, like we still have to pay the bill. I don't have an answer.....just askin'
    anisa and Dee09 like this.
    So many coupons....so little time!

The ONLY Diva of SC! saveadollardiva's Avatar
    Trading Score
    4 (100%)

I have very thick, long curly hair, it is a big job! I have been to so many stylist/salons and some have been great, but then they end up moving locations or moving to other towns (My hair stylist I loved was great, then she moved to England!) So I ended going to so many places to find the right stylist and they would always end up making my hair look worse! My mom's friend I found out has been a hair stylist for years (I didn't know this because I never really new this friend she had) anyways I ended up giving her a try and I was really happy with the results! I will for sure be going back again.
    Last edited by saveadollardiva; Thu, Aug 29th, 2013 at 10:25 AM.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by DianneS View Post
    So....what is it about us that we actually pay the bill when we do not receive anything remotely close to what we asked for? I have often wondered this. If someone came to cut my lawn and hacked the heck out of it, leaving it a total mess, I wouldn't pay him. But when they do the same to us at salons we feel, for some reason, like we still have to pay the bill. I don't have an answer.....just askin'
    Part of the issue is with the blowout and style. They are blowing it out and styling it, so if the cut is not straight, it often cannot be seen until the next day when you wash your hair.
    I got a colour once and it bled out for 3 days....nothing I could have figured out at the salon.

I always return to have it fixed, by the main stylist, and have them show the person who effed it up where they effed it up so they can learn and know I am not impressed. Then I generally will not go back there. I pay a lot for my hair and I expect quality.
    Love like crazy everyday and smile.

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by DianneS View Post
    I had one such incident in my 20's when I decided to treat myself to those new 'spiral' perms but went to a different salon. Got nothing close to what I asked for, she cut off my lovely long hair plus a terrible perm. First time I cried over my hair. I can't believe I actually paid the exorbitant bill without a word. I was young and too timid back then. Not now of course

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by alilee73 View Post
    I'd love to know who you would recommend in Aurora. Thanks in advance!
    I would like to know too

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread Information