User Tag List

Page 544 of 613 FirstFirst ... 44 444 494 534 542 543 544 545 546 554 594 ... LastLast
Results 8,146 to 8,160 of 9181
Like Tree19379Likes

Thread: PC Plus Programme

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

That's a disappointment about the gift cards, I do hope it is temporary. My plan this year was to save all my points for the year and buy gift cards for gifts (or to purchase gifts with) in December. I get that I could just use them for groceries and then set aside the same amount of cash, but I kinda liked seeing the points accumulate for presents. It was more a mental thing.
    ROMEO, barbis9, sweetmomma and 3 others like this.

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

I too hope it's temporary we use all our points to do our Christmas shopping. We've been doing this for 2 years already and it's great that we can get the gcs with points and then do our purchases at the stores or online.
    barbis9 likes this.
    2019 is the year that we continue to save before we buy!!!

Know what matters...
    Trading Score
    21 (100%)

Wow, talk about timing... I tried to redeem after my last shopping trip for 2 x $10 PC gcs but the store was out of them - which is typical for that store. If this becomes permanent, I won't go out of my way to shop at their stores anymore.
    ROMEO and barbis9 like this.

Frosh Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

At the store I usually go to they nailed a guy who redeemed for $1,000 worth of Home Depot gift cards, just before the gift card freeze.
    Colsgirl, ROMEO, Silk and 6 others like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    459 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by majormom View Post
    At the store I usually go to they nailed a guy who redeemed for $1,000 worth of Home Depot gift cards, just before the gift card freeze.
    Wow!

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk
    ROMEO, Angela273 and barbis9 like this.
    Want to keep fit while earning incentives like Scene Points? Join Carrot Rewards using my personal code: rosaw3424

Easy Free Online Rewards--Paypal, Amazon, Etc.

http://swagbucks.com/refer/BlingPink

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    8 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by majormom View Post
    If it was fraud I am glad they caught him. I have a PC Financial MasterCard and it is really easy to rack up a lot of points. I usually let them sit there until there is something we want - last thing we bought was a 52 inch TV. At the moment all my cards are locked down, I can't redeem even if I try (they locked my PC Financial cards down too and in the account settings there is no option to change them so I can redeem).
    ROMEO, Silk and barbis9 like this.
    Built Bars 15% off sitewide, free shipping when you spend $25. User the code LOUISE2020 to get another 10%

PC Insiders please use my code LR1507 you get $25 and I get $10 in points

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by Colsgirl View Post
    If it was fraud I am glad they caught him. I have a PC Financial MasterCard and it is really easy to rack up a lot of points. I usually let them sit there until there is something we want - last thing we bought was a 52 inch TV. At the moment all my cards are locked down, I can't redeem even if I try (they locked my PC Financial cards down too and in the account settings there is no option to change them so I can redeem).
    You don't have to keep the points. If I was you, I would use the points to pay for the things that you would buy with cash/credit card anyway and put that same amt of cash in a savings acct and earn interest. Then when you want to buy that TV, just take the cash out and buy it. the final end result is the same. it is the same thing when people open multiple saving accts for different purples.
    Last edited by a_1_a; Tue, Feb 14th, 2017 at 06:16 PM.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by barbis9 View Post
    Fortinos also has signs at all of the cash registers stating that you cannot redeem points for gift cards :-(
    So hope this is a temp thing. I was so looking forward to saving my points for gcs for my parents

Sent from my ASUS_Z00AD using Tapatalk
    Last edited by missmaggs; Tue, Feb 14th, 2017 at 07:43 PM.
    ROMEO, Silk and barbis9 like this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by sweetmomma View Post
    Wow!

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk
    Indeed... Talk about being inconspicuous lol. Not the sharpest knife in the drawer

Sent from my ASUS_Z00AD using Tapatalk
    Last edited by missmaggs; Tue, Feb 14th, 2017 at 07:44 PM.
    barbis9 and sweetmomma like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    4 (100%)

I think I am totally missing something here

Why not just pay for your current shopping with your points then pay cash for the gift card

Now I think I'm getting it. If you pay with pc financial you will get some extra points. Then at the end of the day you can still buy the gift card and had the benefit of the extra points on the initial buy

pls let me know if I am even close
    Last edited by Thatdone; Tue, Feb 14th, 2017 at 08:08 PM.

CaToonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

i prefer paying with credit card to get bonus points, like spend $ to get X amount of points. also, whatever i earn in points is what i am allowed to spend on a treat for me or family. and its hard to buy so much groceries to redeem the points when the shop doesn't have your items or if you're already stocked up (or have a smaller family).

what i don't understand is that why don't they allow cashier to check ID when redeeming points for gift cards. cashier can check that the name on the card matches the ID of the person.
    Silk, barbis9, sweetmomma and 1 others like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    50 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Aquaria View Post
    what i don't understand is that why don't they allow cashier to check ID when redeeming points for gift cards. cashier can check that the name on the card matches the ID of the person.
    that's one option but can you image how it will slow down the lineup? My rcss is usually busy even with all lanes open on the weekend!

also if theft cannot get gift card, there are other stuff to get, electronics or expensive stuff,etc?
    Last edited by paylessgetmore; Tue, Feb 14th, 2017 at 11:46 PM.
    Silk, barbis9 and sweetmomma like this.

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

After seeing the media reports about the fraud last Friday, and having 160,000+ pts, decided to go to RCSS and get my annual $100 PC Mobile update card, and a $50 LCBO gift card. No problem at all doing this.
    Later that day my wife went there too; she had less points, but still enough to get us a couple of $25 PC Gift cards which we like to use for those very small $ purchases. Well she was asked for id ! which she didn't have on her, having just come from the gym ... She was able to get them eventually, after flagging over the cashier supervisor who recognized her; no surprise, since we're in there a few times a week. haha
    But yesterday, the signs noted above were up, so I guess we lucked out, getting in just under the wire.
    Hope its just temporary, as we love the Gift Cards, as a little reward for 'smart shopping'.
    barbis9 and sweetmomma like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by Thatdone View Post
    I think I am totally missing something here

Why not just pay for your current shopping with your points then pay cash for the gift card
    A scenario, we can never reach $20 spend in order to use 20k PC points in a single shop. In my case, the selection of stores my No Frills & RCSS price matches (ie: Foodland, Sobeys, Fortino etc) don't offer really low prices. As soon as 20k PC points is reached, we convert to PC $20 gc in order to spend on a few items (that earns PC offers) over a period of time. There are less and less PC points offers that maps to our needs.
    Silk, barbis9, sweetmomma and 3 others like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    8 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by a_1_a View Post
    You don't have to keep the points. If I was you, I would use the points to pay for the things that you would buy with cash/credit card anyway and put that same amt of cash in a savings acct and earn interest. Then when you want to buy that TV, just take the cash out and buy it. the final end result is the same. it is the same thing when people open multiple saving accts for different purples.
    That is what I was planning to do, but I keep forgetting to unlock my phone app before I go shopping, it is set to collect points only!
    ROMEO, Angela273 and barbis9 like this.
    Built Bars 15% off sitewide, free shipping when you spend $25. User the code LOUISE2020 to get another 10%

PC Insiders please use my code LR1507 you get $25 and I get $10 in points

Thread Information