User Tag List

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

So I went to Walmart on Monday to see if I could get some of the toothbrushes, toothpaste, $2 8 packs of Finish and free Vileda dish scrubbers and to price match Shoppers for the A&H laundry detergent and a few other things...to my surprise they had everything in stock.

So heres what i had:
    4 toothbrushes
    4 toothpaste
    3 finish
    3 Vileda
    4 laundry detergents.
    Plus I had a load of other meat items and sale food items.

I put all my non- coupon groceries up front, told the cashier i was placing the items with coupons together at the back. She said perfect.
    She rings in regular transactions, completes price-matches and then gets to my coupon items and then informs me that they will only allow 2 of the same coupon so I can only have 2 of each item and use coupons. What????

Supervisior was right there and verified that was in fact the new rule. So I asked the cashier to ring me thru for 2 of each item so as to not hold up the line and to put my other coupon items aside. Once I settled up I went to the customer service manager/supervisor to clarify this new rule for me and when i asked when this came into effect as I used more than 2 coupons just the week before. She told me that it didn't matter when it came into effect only that it was in effect now...wow. Really? And then she advised me not to come back and try to use another till because it was per person per day not per transaction and she would be looking for me...I was taken aback. I have never met this woman before, was trying to be nice and respectful and she was so rude and confrontational.... guess they are not worried about the new Target that opened at Scottsdale last week.

Has anyone else run into this at this Walmart or at any of the other locations?
    This thread is currently associated with: Guess, Shoppers Drug Mart, Target, Walmart

looking for a good deal.. Lily's mommy's Avatar
    Trading Score
    92 (100%)

Yes, my local WM (Lougheed) only allows 3 of each coupon. It was a bit inconsistent a while back but all cashiers seem to be enforcing it now.

Not sure why the supervisor had to be rude and confrontational about it to you, though. WM's customer service is definitely lacking...

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    245 (100%)

I had the same experience at that Wal-Mart about a year ago. I now rarely shop there but I do know other people who do coupon there. It seems to be hit and miss with coupons at that location.
    So many coupons....so little time!

Thread Information