User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree22Likes

Thread: Which one should I get, Blackberry Z10 or Samsung Galaxy S3?

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

go for blackberry z10.i ts a great phone atleast better then the samsung

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

What does everyone think of Galaxy S4? Is it much different from S3? I need to buy a new phone soon and am considering Galaxy or iPhone.

Trading Score
    454 (100%)

I say samsung only because of apps. I recently got into the smartphone trend and was debating a BB or Samsung as well. I like BB better originally because it had actual buttons but I picked Samsung in the end for the exact app reason. Now I'm so used to the touch screen.

If I had of known before that you couldn't get wifi on BB unless you had a data plan before then I wouldn't of even considered it.

Go with Samsung, then download the checkout51 app and slowly make the phone pay for its self.
    walkonby and amira84 like this.
    Insert Clever Signature Here

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by healthyguy View Post
    What does everyone think of Galaxy S4? Is it much different from S3? I need to buy a new phone soon and am considering Galaxy or iPhone.
    Sometimes the newer phones are just thinner and lighter than the previous ones , and a few bells and whistles ..here and there...but basically pretty much the same

Not saying that's the case here ..but you never know.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by tjthemanto View Post
    Sometimes the newer phones are just thinner and lighter than the previous ones , and a few bells and whistles ..here and there...but basically pretty much the same

Not saying that's the case here ..but you never know.
    Actually, TJ, that is essentially the case here.

I have the S3 and my friend recently got the S4. Here are my initial observations:

1.) PHYSICAL DIMENSIONS: the S4 is a HAIR (almost literally) bigger than the S3. in fact, if you set the two on a table side by side, you would say they were the exact same size. And they look almost identical in appearance at a quick glance. In fact, if it wasn't for placement of the side buttons, and the rear camera/flash locations, the skin I have on my S3 would probably fit over the S4 (maybe).

2.) SCREEN SIZE: Although the physical hardware size is nearly identical, the actual display screen is indeed larger on the S4. (.3 inches larger, I think?) -- but it's definitely noticeable. As accustomed I am to the S3, when I use my friend's phone, I notice the different screen. It's also extremely vibrant, bright and colorful. I prefer the screen on the S4 over the S3, but not 'drastically' -- and it's not enough to make me pay to trade up.

3.) SOFTWARE: The software is nearly identical. The S4 comes preloaded with Android 4.2.2 and the S3 is running 4.1.2 (as of last month on all carriers in Canada). There are some Samsung oriented software tweaks the S4 has over the S3... and some that accommodate some of the unique hardware features of the S4 (like the near-touch, where you ALMOST touch the screen and it gives you magnifier, etc). HOWEVER, that being said, the S3 *IS* going to have a firmware update in the coming months to match the S4 functionality - for the most part (excluding of course those that are hardware specific, like the near-touch function)

As I noted in an earlier post, I upgraded from the S2 to the S3 because the differences were quite noticeable (hardware and software wise) -- and I paid mid-contract upgrade prices. The differences between the S3 and the S4 are not as drastic, leaving me no desire to upgrade - at least not at mid-contract prices, and especially with Samsung's promised FW update to 4.2.x coming soon to the S3.

On the other hand -- if I were buying a new phone today, on a new term (upgrading from either a previous Galaxy like the S2 or something else completely different) ... I'd cough up the $100 for the S4 on a 3-year term. -- but if cash is tight, the S3 (oft seen for $0 on a 3-year term) is great option as well.
    Last edited by bhlombardy; Mon, Jul 22nd, 2013 at 09:49 PM.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Go for Android (Samsung)! Blackberry does not have that many apps. Say, if you want to play Angry Birds, it's free with Android and $4.99 with Blackberry

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Yes this is really a good move to step behind in this messi competition. I think Z10 is much more for proffesionals and samsung is really cheeky for social and fun purpose. Your age and need matters to select the best one for you.

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    2 (100%)

thanks for the post. Hubby has been looking for new phones for his business.
    You may also want to check out the Samsung Galaxy Rugby if you are hard on your phone. These are most likely the ones we will upgrade to now with all the positive commments here about Samsung. They had the Samsung Rugbys prior. Which they liked.
    I hate my BB Bold! I think I may get a Samsung for my next upgrade too.
    The most serious gardening I do would seem very strange to an onlooker, for it involves hours of walking round in circles, apparently doing nothing." --Helen Dillon

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Samsung is the best, just read the market reports, millions of people can't be wrong. On the other hand BB is a market which has a very gloomy future. Why take the risk. Choose the best and leave the rest.

Trading Score
    726 (100%)

We just got the Blackberry Curve (not the most current but thats fine for our use) and so far were really liking them!

We don't have a data plan so I asked the rep to turn off access to the Internet unless its off free wifi (ie, were at home) and he said no problem. I called this morning to double check since I didn't want ridiculous charges by accident. We can still use wifi at home just not out.

That was the only thing I didn't like and it was easily fixed. I'm sure you could run into the same problem with all smartphones that have no data plan though.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I suggesting you Samsung galaxy S3 because i used galaxy series phone and their sound quality ,battery backup and and android features are amazing so go for it.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

The only downside to the S3 (and S4) is the glass screen. Definitely buy a tough case because if you don;'t, and you drop the phone, the screen will crack.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Id go for the Samsung
    "The essence of all beautiful art, all great art, is gratitude."
    Friedrich Nietzsche

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Nexus 4

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

New budget smartphone is the Motorola Moto G for $200 or way less at Telus or Koodo.

Dave

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information