User Tag List

Banned
    Trading Score
    6 (100%)

Just wondering, has Peterborough Zellers really changed their coupon policy?

My sister tried to redeem a printed coupon ($2 Stayfree) and several smart source insert coupons and they said (and this is as close to a quote as I can get):

"We do not accept printed coupons anymore. Our store manager came down on us really hard after learning a cashier accepted a bunch of printed coupons for dishwasher things a few weeks back. Cash office says we won't get reimbursed for that many in one transaction when the coupon prohibited it. So we're not accepting them anymore. Too easy to photocopy."

(Again, not word for word but close enough. Lots more reasons given, too.)

They also said "only 1 coupon per transaction" is a part of the new policy.

Just wondering if that's actually the new policy? No printables and only one coupon per transaction? It was a short, blonde cashier who said it. And the other cashiers confirmed it (and customer service and the manager . . .)

If it is the new policy I'll stick to Lindsay Zellers... but I'd like to know before I travel the extra distance!

Anyone know? Thanks for any help.
    This thread is currently associated with: Smart Source, Zellers

Trading Score
    8 (100%)

I've never had an issue using printables there. I don't however use many printables in a transaction so I'm not sure if that may play a role. I did notice the last time I PMed there they cut my flyer and kept the section they cut out - this was new to me. Your best bet may be to either PM at Walmart and use your printables there or to just commute to Lindsay Zellers instead.

Banned
    Trading Score
    6 (100%)

I went myself on Monday and they again said only one coupon per transcation, but they would allow printed ones. Just one printed coupon per person (and the woman who redeemed for like 10 quantum things is no longer allowed to use them).

Lindsay doesn't accept printed ones... I've tried using them before and they say no. Have you been able to use them? I like how Lindsay location gives overages, though! Too bad the shelves are always empty when I go there.

Trading Score
    8 (100%)

It looks then like they've changed their policy regarding printables? That's too bad...one bad apple... :/ I don't unfortunately commute to Lindsay often, so I don`t know their policy at all. I know Belleville`s policy has remained unchanged thus far.

Trading Score
    445 (99%)

Our Zellers sucks for coupons lol. Its hit & miss there. Its sad its just down the road from me but I would much rather hike up to Walmart instead! (The broke ground for the supercentre!!!)
    SWAGBUCKS!!! Earn gift cards for searching & doing surveys!
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/cmoody8107

Check out my Wishlist!
    http://forum.smartcanucks.ca/239234-cmoodys-wishlist-canada/

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    2 (100%)

I use printed coupons at the Lindsay store all the time and never have had an trouble with them.

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    27 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by ellyskid View Post
    I use printed coupons at the Lindsay store all the time and never have had an trouble with them.
    I have never had any issues with printed coupons in Lindsay either. Though I am suprised that the Peterborough store has changed there policy especially having to compete with Walmart,

Trading Score
    183 (100%)

I've been to Zellers twice in the past few weeks and used printable coupons both times. I don't think I used more than one printable coupon in each transaction though. I used $14.50 in coupons with out any issue in one transaction.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

okay so let me get this right zellers in lindsay is still taking printed coupons?..i know loblaws does take printables, just did a run yesterday 10 coupons..few wks before 22 for dr pepper printed coupons when it was on for .99..paid 3.00 bucks taxes only n part of that was a 80 cent handling fee wahoo..lol..havent tried zellers yet but id really like to use my stay free, they were on sale at zellers...has anyone tried ctire for coupons?? plz let me know thanks

Trading Score
    55 (100%)

I went there today and used P&G coupons and mail ins.. more than one per transaction.... but I have used printed in the past. The woman looked on a piece of paper to see if "that certain coupon could be used" she barley glanced at it before just rining me through
    I honestly think it all depends on who get you at the till

bet if youd walked out.. picked up the same items and went to other side of store you wouldn't have had a problem! LOL
    these places need to get their stories straight!

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I remember a little while back there was some email going around and the printable coupons in it were fakes. Some stores didn't accept them but some stores did. We used them before we knew they were fake. So that might be why the policy changed on printables? Too many fakes going around?

But 1 coupon per transaction is ridiculous. I think I've only ever used 5 in one go [I'm lost on where to get so many, and I'm only buying for me, so I don't use much yet], but how will we ever get 'Extreme Canadian Couponing' if you can only use 1 per transaction!

Trading Score
    8 (100%)

I went to a small-town Foodland (close to Peterborough) recently with some printed coupons and the cashier was really eye-balling them. She told she'd personally taken a couple of fakes so she had be careful. I asked her about the fakes and she said they were printed but they had the amount already filled in where she was supposed to fill in the amount. I dunno I guess like a FPC? She wasn't very clear but understandably cautious if she's hearing about it from her boss...

Banned
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

ALL zellers follow the same policy. ALL zellers take printed coupons. Seriously folks, thread after thread, round and round in circles. If a location isnt following the policy, contact the company and it will be fixed. it would be easier to do that then making post after post here

But make sure YOU aren't doing anything wrong. If you printed piles of copies of the same coupon then YOU are wrong. YOU are the one making it difficult to use coupons for everyone else

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    215 (100%)

I went in a week ago with a printed coupon and they accepted it no problem

Thread Information