User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree112Likes

Thread: Women over 8 months pregnant are just too slow!

Contradiction in progress sweet sparrow's Avatar
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

At least that's the message I'm being sent this month. On one shopping trip to Metro, I rounded a corner of a small display unit to find a woman who wanted the same path. I tried to move my heavy cart of groceries, but it wasn't far enough over. After she rammed her cart into mine, she just kept pushing until she created enough room for herself, and kept pushing the cart into my tummy. This was at 7.5 months pregnant.

On three separate occasions in the past few weeks, I've been honked at for crossing the street too slow at stoplights (I think that was the issue). The light was green, I had waited my turn, and pressed the button for the walk signal. The countdown was still counting down and I'd be well within the time limit. I don't move as slowly as possible as I know there are people waiting to turn right or left. Last time, I was carrying two bags out of the grocery plaza, while a driver was trying to turn left. Maybe I was going a smidgen less than my usual speed, but I did not think it was close to a leisurely pace either. He honked at me, very loudly, and it makes me wonder.

I live in a large city, but have lived in cities more than twice this size. I just can't fathom that people can't wait 2 - 3 seconds more for someone 8 months pregnant to cross their lane, loaded down with groceries on a hot, sunny day, while in their air-conditioned cars. Or maybe I'm just fortunate enough to encounter the same annoying person each week? Oh, it makes me grouchy!
    This thread is currently associated with: Metro
    Natalka, Angela273, dizzyb and 5 others like this.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Oh, gee, that's just so sad... I would have thought it would be the opposite - people treating you with kid gloves! That was my experience when I was pregnant, sorry you've had these bad experiences!

Blessed with 4 children
    Trading Score
    347 (100%)

When I saw the title I just had to pop in here to give a piece of my mind to whoever complained that pregnant women are too slow! Sorry for your unfortunate encounters with these asshats, but at least you have the baby to look forward to . And also, if that woman who rammed her cart into mine and it hit my pregnant stomach, she would be on the receiving end of a black eye!
    anisa, happy_me24, dizzyb and 7 others like this.

Trading Score
    8 (100%)

I totally understand.... Some drivers just seem to be in haste and couldn't care less about anyone else, be it pedestrian or a fellow driver..Common courtesy seems to be the decline in today's society . Hope your luck changes because pregnancy in itself is not always pleasant (can have crappy feelings at times) & the last thing you need is to be annoyed by someone else.Chin up & try to block out such forces going forward
    seylz_gurl and macw1960 like this.

Trading Score
    173 (100%)

They do it to people pregnant or not, I think as a society we are just impatient - they likely don't even look to see you are pregnant - you are just in their way
    Make an easy $20+ per month with Swagbucks - watch videos, search, play games & get paid!
    ~ ~ ~
    Save while shopping online with cashback from ebates
    Get cash rebates when you buy from amazon.ca, Old Navy and more - get paid by cheque or paypal!

NR3
    Female
    CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

WTH is wrong with people????
    Don't let it get to you, this works is a different place these days.
    macw1960 likes this.

Trading Score
    46 (100%)

Having gone to a prenatal class earlier and hearing some women say that they were irritated and annoyed easily, I wondered in those moments if it was just the pregnancy hormones talking, or just feeling hot, uncomfortable, and large. Afterwards, I know it wasn't, but I also feel it would be pointless to say anything to these people. They seem to have much shorter fuses than I do and they may not hesitate in ramming me with their cart or cars next time!

I also think these people have either never been pregnant or no one they've cared about has ever been pregnant. Anyone who's gained this much weight in a few months understands that you literally have to "roll" out of bed, or that it's not easy to move this localized weight around, much less do it quickly. I do have some not very nice words for the woman that shoved her cart into my tummy, or the people that honk at me, but I am trying not to let people like that raise my blood pressure.

I will admit that this old song plays in my head each time:

macw1960 and Shirnette like this.

Trading Score
    46 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by FallenPixels View Post
    They do it to people pregnant or not, I think as a society we are just impatient - they likely don't even look to see you are pregnant - you are just in their way
    According to the drivers, you'd think they had all the time in the world to notice. My bump is very distinctive now.
    macw1960 likes this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    4 (100%)

I hear you! I was pregnant last summer, I could barely even waddle I was so swollen and I'd constantly get yelled/beeped at to hurry up. Sadly it doesn't get better once the baby is here.
    I was the mall this morning and I had parked in a almost empty part of the lot, and as soon as I put the stroller beside my car to get my daughter in, some guy decides he HAS to park beside me(mind you I'm not close to the entrance, and there's one other car in this row so there was TONS of other spots), and beeps at me twice to hurry up. The second I shut the door he's pulling into the spot beside me. Honestly if you're in that much of a hurry maybe you should have parked in one the hundred other spots available.
    macw1960 and Shirnette like this.

Trading Score
    46 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Lyssia510 View Post
    I hear you! I was pregnant last summer, I could barely even waddle I was so swollen and I'd constantly get yelled/beeped at to hurry up. Sadly it doesn't get better once the baby is here.
    I was the mall this morning and I had parked in a almost empty part of the lot, and as soon as I put the stroller beside my car to get my daughter in, some guy decides he HAS to park beside me(mind you I'm not close to the entrance, and there's one other car in this row so there was TONS of other spots), and beeps at me twice to hurry up. The second I shut the door he's pulling into the spot beside me. Honestly if you're in that much of a hurry maybe you should have parked in one the hundred other spots available.
    Oh you're kidding! That's just rude. I just can't believe people think that we take this much time because I like looking at the scenic view while crossing the road, or that we have a faster speed. Mothers need a sign that says: "This is top speed." with a addition for impatient people "- although I can easily go slower if you'd prefer."

Canadian Genius
    Trading Score
    17 (100%)

The more people try to hurry me, the more slower I become.

Trading Score
    173 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by couponmummy View Post
    The more people try to hurry me, the more slower I become.
    Me too, the guy who "beep beep"ed me in Walmart last week, yeah I made sure I got in his way several times in other aisles with my cart at an angle so he couldn't get by. A simple excuse me would have got me to move (and I had just turned into the aisle so its not like he had waited even a second, I was just in his way)
    anisa, Jezebel, Ciel and 3 others like this.
    Make an easy $20+ per month with Swagbucks - watch videos, search, play games & get paid!
    ~ ~ ~
    Save while shopping online with cashback from ebates
    Get cash rebates when you buy from amazon.ca, Old Navy and more - get paid by cheque or paypal!

Trading Score
    185 (100%)

It happened to me too. Last year around june ,I stopped at a grocery store in montreal after a obgyn check up I was 8.5 month pregnant I gave birth one week after. I had a HUGE belly and seriously you couldnt miss me. And some guy cut me in the line to check up. He pushed me in my belly with is cart. I yelled at him : HEY ASSHOLE, FIRST YOU DONT CUT PEOPLE IN LINE AND SECOND THING I'M PREGNANT AND YOU PUSHED YOUR f**** CART IN MY BELLY.
    The cashier wouldnt checked him and another women make me come to cash out at the costumer service. The guy didnt even looked at me.
    That was the first and last time I shopped at a grocery store in a big city. I hate big cities expecially montreal, people are so rude.
    Last edited by bibiee; Fri, May 24th, 2013 at 01:22 PM.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

people from big cities seem to be always in a rush, like go go go! not saying everyone's like that, but generally speaking, they tend to be more self-centered and have a "couldn't care less" attitude than folks from little towns.
    macw1960, vesper and Shirnette like this.

Trading Score
    189 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by FallenPixels View Post
    I`ve literally had to run across a road while I had the pedestrian signal from almost being hit by a car turning on a left.

People don`t pay attention and are always in a hot hurry.
    dizzyb, macw1960 and Shirnette like this.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information