User Tag List

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By ErinsMom

Thread: No Frills Dartmouth was a ZOO!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    61 (100%)

I've been kind of reluctant to take a trip to NF during even normal sales, as their normal state is to be out of everything on sale, even on the first day, and they don't give rainchecks.With their $1 sale, I decided it was worthwhile to take the bus over to Dartmouth.

They did have most of what I went to buy. But OMG, it was crazy! The checkouts were lined up so that you couldn't move across the front end. So I picked up what I wanted and headed up an aisle to get to a checkout.

A person in a lineup said that if you want to get to a checkout, everyone is lining up along one side of the store. I nodded and smiled, didn't really buy it, went up to get in a line, but was told the same thing by a staff member. So I went down the frozen food aisle, lined up with everyone (or nearly everyone) else.

After waiting in line for nearly half an hour, I approached the front of the line and saw plenty of people coming up and getting ahead of me out of the aisles. Apparently they only directed SOME people that way!

Anyhow, I got the stuff I came for (and more because I grabbed stuff as I waited in line). Should have bought more yogurt for $1!
    This thread is currently associated with: No Frills

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Looks like a case of poor timing. I was there yesterday morning around 10am . Not many people, got everything I went for ( surprised they had all their $1 specials) and no line ups at the checkouts.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    88 (100%)

Our store in Bridgewater was a NUT HOUSE! Couldnt go up and down the isles because of all the people lined up all the way up the isles to the front. Just stopped in to get some salads for supper on Friday and didnt go back yet to get my other stuff. Hope you all saved me something lol!

Trading Score
    394 (100%)

I was at the Dartmouth NF at 8am Friday when they opened. Only went that early because I was coming off night shift. It was crazy at 745! People pushing their carts to get closer to the door. There were lots of things I wanted to buy but instead just got my freebies & left. It was indeed a nut house.
    I did get 10 free Oral B toothbrushes, 10 free Crest toothpaste, 5 free Ziploc baggies, 7 free Cling wrap & 5 free small Chapmans. $37 free, just paid the tax. The cashier was nice, but customers behind me weren't too happy when she had to ring in 37 $1 coupons.
    SharonSweeney2013 likes this.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

It doesn't help that they need approval after ringing in so many coupons! It really slows down the line.

Trading Score
    569 (100%)

I sent my sister yesterday for a list of stuff since she was going to the city. All she was able to score was the free olay soap so I guess the mob cleaned the rest of the deals out over the weekend!! lol I so wish I lived closer to one they always have sweet deals.
    Want free Christmas shopping???
    get giftcards to Amazon!!

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by ccmp1974 View Post
    I guess the mob cleaned the rest of the deals out over the weekend!!
    Mob is right. I have never seen a grocery store like that where the line up blocks all the aisles you need to walk through and when you do get in line it hardly moves at the back because of all the people weaseling their way into line at the front! I think that because people in Nova Scotia are usually not able to get good deals like in Ontario or the states they go crazy over discounts and you would think the Beatles were playing!

Compare the grocery stores we have to those in other places. There is decidedly less choice in Nova Scotia.

Thread Information