• 3 Post By chillys-willy
  • 1 Post By annedougherty
  • 6 Post By maddie2008
  • 4 Post By tjthemanto
  • 1 Post By TooCouponCrazy

Thread: NO PASSES allowed at 4 of 6 movies at Cineplex

Trading Score
    47 (100%)

I used to buy into this GM Cineplex promo but next year, I will take a pass. Wanted to take DD to a movie this week to use one of the many passes I have left and 4 out of 6 movies have NO PASS restrictions on them. Not a good promo. Almost no movies for kids during the promo too.
    This thread is currently associated with: Cineplex & Scene Rewards
    Just joined Kiva.org, an organization that funds micro-loans to people in developing countries. I love the idea that the $25 I saved in groceries can be given to a fish woman with 5 children in the Philippines to help grow her business.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    78 (100%)

I've never redeemed the pin codes online but I do know that those paper admit one coupons (and the kids combo, adult 2 admit with snacks) are not considered passes. I was told PASSES were another promo thing for employees, etc. Did you try to use the code to buy tickets and were denied or actually show up at theatre with printed off ticket and were denied. Since I've never done it I'm curious to know.
    Looking for FPC for almost everything. Growing teen boy eating me out of house and home. Visit my facebook page www.facebook.com/UneekCreations Will trade finished product from my Etsy shop.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

I've used the General Mills pin on movies that say No Passes. It works.
    Nomerr likes this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

no passes is something for the employees mainly they get passes every month with their pay stub and are not allowed to use them and popular movies that say no passes.
    TWO 20% KONG PRODUCT AVAILABLE FOR TRADE<dl style="margin-top: 0px; margin-right: 0px; margin-bottom: 0px; margin-left: 0px; padding-top: 0px; padding-right: 0px; padding-bottom: 0px; padding-left: 0px; border-top-width: 0px; border-right-width: 0px; border-bottom-width: 0px; border-left-width: 0px; border-style: initial; border-color: initial; font-size: 14px; font: inherit; vertical-align: baseline; width: 881px; clear: both; "></dl>

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

I had no problem this weekend ordering tickets online using the GM Pins and the movie I was seeing said no passes, I'm not sure what the restriction means, but the GM PINS WORK on no pass movies.

CaToonie
    Trading Score
    88 (99%)

the no passes is not the GM promo or the admit ones those u can use on the movies that say "no passes" the No passes is the passes that say "be our guest" on them (the employees get them for there families or if there is a problem with the movie the theater gives out these be our guest passes those u cant use but the GM and admit ones and cinplex night outs u can

Trading Score
    47 (100%)

Great. Thanks for the help. It used to be we couldn't use the GM passes when they were cutout passes from the box. I never thought that the online ordering would benefit me. Thanks to all you Smart Canuckers, my DD will go to the movies.
    Just joined Kiva.org, an organization that funds micro-loans to people in developing countries. I love the idea that the $25 I saved in groceries can be given to a fish woman with 5 children in the Philippines to help grow her business.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

[QUOTE=chillys-willy;5462642]Great. Thanks for the help. It used to be we couldn't use the GM passes when they were cutout passes from the box. I never thought that the online ordering would benefit me. Thanks to all you Smart Canuckers, my DD will go to the movies. [/QUOTE0]

Yes ONLINE they don't care when you redeem the PINS.

When you took the cardboard cutout from the box they cared abt the NO PASSES thingy, but since its online now they don't care.

I saw Star Trek using the PINS when it said NO PASSES on it..saw it on A Tuesday , so it was better ..I Got 2 tkts for 7.50

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

From the cineplex website in the faq

What does "No Passes" mean?
    Certain films are placed under a pass restriction for a period of time, to be determined by the distributor, and certain vouchers will not be accepted for admission. Please be assured that Cineplex Entertainment' gift certificates, Courtesy tickets, Cineplex Night Out Coupons, and Admit One coupons will be accepted at all times, even for those films with a "NO PASSES" restriction. Certificates that are not available for films with the "No Passes" restriction will state this in the terms and conditions on the certificate itself.

Trading Score
    70 (100%)

how to train your dragon 2 is still playing at many theatres that's an amazing movie! planes 2 starts this week i think.. this month is BOGO next month it's FREE!
    When life hands you Edward Cullen...throw him back and demand Eric Northman....

Trading Score
    254 (100%)

[QUOTE=tjthemanto;5462866]
    Quote Originally Posted by chillys-willy View Post
    Great. Thanks for the help. It used to be we couldn't use the GM passes when they were cutout passes from the box. I never thought that the online ordering would benefit me. Thanks to all you Smart Canuckers, my DD will go to the movies. [/QUOTE0]

Yes ONLINE they don't care when you redeem the PINS.

When you took the cardboard cutout from the box they cared abt the NO PASSES thingy, but since its online now they don't care.

I saw Star Trek using the PINS when it said NO PASSES on it..saw it on A Tuesday , so it was better ..I Got 2 tkts for 7.50

No Passes has nothing to do with anything like that that a guest would bring in. Those of you who had an issue obviously dealt with a confused employee, or assumed you couldn't use those.
    torontogal12 likes this.

HUH? YOU DON'T DO SWAGBUCKS??? ARE YOU CRAZAY?!

Trading Score
    45 (100%)

I have family that works for cineplex.
    Passes are ORANGE tickets that are usually given out for special events or employees.
    Rest assured the GM promo is not the same.
    Go have fun.
    Join GROUPON for incredible deals, click here

Trading Score
    19 (100%)

Thanks for asking this, I was wondering the exact same question this week! Thanks all for your answers!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by chillys-willy View Post
    I used to buy into this GM Cineplex promo but next year, I will take a pass. Wanted to take DD to a movie this week to use one of the many passes I have left and 4 out of 6 movies have NO PASS restrictions on them. Not a good promo. Almost no movies for kids during the promo too.
    You can still use them . Its not a pass , an actual ticket gets printed out , it looks like any other online bought ticket . They just scan the bar code.

I have used them for pass restricted movies without any issues.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Yeah, I was a little confused about that the first time I did it. I have redeemed several General Mills codes since then though, on pass restricted movies, and never had a problem. Good luck.
    walkonby likes this.

Thread Information