User Tag List

Page 501 of 654 FirstFirst ... 401 451 491 499 500 501 502 503 511 551 601 ... LastLast
Results 7,501 to 7,515 of 9802
Like Tree37292Likes

Thread: All Purpose Rant Away Thread - 3.2.1 GO!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    4 (100%)

Got passed over on a job today because I don't have full weekend availability(dh works both days most weekends, can't get a sitter for weekends and have to rely on my mom so the best I can do is few hours a couple of Saturday's a month. The company wants someone who's free both days every weekend), even though I specifically asked during my phone interview if the job was Mon-Fri day shifts and was assured that it was. Why waste everyone's time when you knew my availability doesn't suit what you're looking for?

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Mom thinking that cooking indoors on a hot humid day was going to be fine. She keeps doing this at least 2x per week. Can't wait for the temperatures to drop fast enough-Fall, hello.
    ROMEO, JadeAngel, macw1960 and 5 others like this.
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

CaToonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

lol, my 85 year old mother does that all the time. Then opens the windows because it's hot in the house. And lets out all the air conditioning.
    JadeAngel, Ciel, macw1960 and 5 others like this.

Trading Score
    189 (100%)

^ +1

Biggest pet peeve. DD was on and on about baking cupcakes last week.
    Dear child, Satan is generous enough to scorch me outside, I will not tolerate it inside my house.
    * Goes to store and buys pre made cupcakes.

Canadian Genius
    Trading Score
    51 (100%)

In my house, he's in control of the environment. I never have to touch a window or an air conditioner knob: I only have to complain. I gladly give up all my rights for voice command lol.
    Ciel, macw1960, Candini and 3 others like this.

Canadian Genius
    Trading Score
    51 (100%)

I just ordered some navy blue velvet from India through Amazon.ca marketplace...I have a fabric store literally a block away from me, and it's a huge Len's Mill, and they had everything else but. The next closest fabric store is 1 hr away. It's like sewing is a dying art and you have to order direct from the third world. I am amazed at how disconnected we are becoming from making things.
    JadeAngel, Ciel, macw1960 and 3 others like this.

Trading Score
    321 (100%)

Computer problems you have no idea how to fix.
    ROMEO, Ciel, Linda Evans and 3 others like this.

No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever forgotten...Aesop

Trading Score
    30 (100%)

2016- YOU CAN GO STRAIGHT TO HELL!!!!!!

DH was laid off from his overseas jog with no warning.

The new job he had went bankrupt again with no warning and he may not be paid for the last month he put in.

I found out I need 2 fillings and a wisdom tooth pulled and we have no benefits.

i had to have my cat put to sleep

some jerk vandalized our tractor during the night, smashing out the window which will cost too much to replace with insurance. So we will have to find the money somewhere.

now we are playing the waiting game to see if DH has esophaguial cancer. He has a grapefruit sized mass in his esophagus and we are reduced to blending his food.

And there are still 4 months left to go..........
    Just call me Wolfie

Commander:Northern armies rock lobster's Avatar
    No one goes off-trail. No one walks alone.
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Tragically Hip pleeeeeeeeaaaaaase, spare me.
    They may be the soundtrack to your life
    but they sure as heck aren't the soundtrack
    to my life......whine, whine ,whine.
    Natalka, JadeAngel, Ciel and 6 others like this.
    @
    ;

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    25 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by wolfwoman View Post
    2016- YOU CAN GO STRAIGHT TO HELL!!!!!!

DH was laid off from his overseas jog with no warning.

The new job he had went bankrupt again with no warning and he may not be paid for the last month he put in.

I found out I need 2 fillings and a wisdom tooth pulled and we have no benefits.

i had to have my cat put to sleep

some jerk vandalized our tractor during the night, smashing out the window which will cost too much to replace with insurance. So we will have to find the money somewhere.

now we are playing the waiting game to see if DH has esophaguial cancer. He has a grapefruit sized mass in his esophagus and we are reduced to blending his food.

And there are still 4 months left to go..........
    Wow that is a lot to take in, I send good thoughts your way for a cancer free diagnosis.
    ROMEO, Momof3girlies, Ciel and 3 others like this.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by macw1960 View Post
    Computer problems you have no idea how to fix.
    Too true. Disconnecting cables has become a thing of mine when all else does not work.
    ROMEO, wolfwoman and toronto166 like this.
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Trading Score
    26 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Lyssia510 View Post
    Got passed over on a job today because I don't have full weekend availability(dh works both days most weekends, can't get a sitter for weekends and have to rely on my mom so the best I can do is few hours a couple of Saturday's a month. The company wants someone who's free both days every weekend), even though I specifically asked during my phone interview if the job was Mon-Fri day shifts and was assured that it was. Why waste everyone's time when you knew my availability doesn't suit what you're looking for?
    I had that happen twice in the last month - first two job interviews perfect - mentioned all through the interviews that I am on call on the weekends and usually work every other weekend. All during the interview they said we can work around it and they mostly needed M to F because students can't work it. Then they hire me, sign all papers saying weekend not available and then they schedule me on weekends only. So then they passed on me because I couldn't work on the weekend. I don't know if they don't read or don't listen during the interview.
    ROMEO, JadeAngel, Ciel and 2 others like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    34 (100%)

^ Oh people! We are the most dumbest species on earth but we are not willing to accept that!
    Ciel, wolfwoman and Davetherave like this.
    "Freedom is a myth, love is non-existent and privacy is delusional! No right to live or die"

Like for me no apparent reason!
    https://www.facebook.com/Arvilish-133128550466283/

Trading Score
    30 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Arvilish View Post
    ^ Oh people! We are the most dumbest species on earth but we are not willing to accept that!
    So true, so true!
    Ciel, Arvilish and Davetherave like this.
    Just call me Wolfie

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

i went to use my quaker fpcs, one item was $1.97 and the other was $2.97. cashier took off $1 for both initially, realized her mistake, then took off an additional $0.97 x2. i realized after paying that the other item is $1 more expensive, i told her and she told me to go to CS to fix it. i wait in line only for CS to tell me she can't do anything cause her till will be short a dollar, and to go back to the cashier. (the thing she said she could only do is refund the product, but what about my coupon??) i go back and after waiting another long few minutes and letting this steam in me, i realize i'm probably gonna have to do more waiting for a manager to come, cancel and redo the transaction, all for one dollar, that i just leave. gah!! i wouldn't have bought this product if not for the fpc! waste of time and a dollar.

heh i just needed to get this out i already profile cashiers when i price-match or use coupons. now i'm def going to an older cashier for fpcs, since they tend to take off tax too (i don't correct them if they don't include tax, oh well). the young ones are best for price matching. (i don't do a lot of both in one single transaction to avoid holding up lines or looking like an extreme couponer ._. can you tell i'm overly self-conscious.)
    Last edited by elusive; Mon, Aug 22nd, 2016 at 10:30 PM.
    Ciel and Davetherave like this.

Thread Information