User Tag List

Page 193 of 654 FirstFirst ... 93 143 183 191 192 193 194 195 203 243 293 ... LastLast
Results 2,881 to 2,895 of 9802
Like Tree37292Likes

Thread: All Purpose Rant Away Thread - 3.2.1 GO!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Ciel View Post
    Toothache/headache combo are a bother, Cata! The ear infection probably made you that much more aware of what hurts esp. when you moved your head.
    Try eating something garlicky>help with immunity. If the tooth has not been seen by your dentist lately, it might be time for an x-ray/examination to make sure there is no cavity or other issue.
    I was told my strange eye headache in which the sinus pain went up and down two teeth with issues was a referral headache. Since one tooth got filled, there is less of the siphoning sinus pain during headaches in that one but the other one still twinges.
    Quote Originally Posted by Andit View Post
    Oh no! Used to get tons of ear infections as a kid. A home remedy that worked for me (and for my dog when I first brought her home from the shelter) is to mix 1 part vinegar with 1 part rubbing alcohol. Soak a cotton ball in it and stick it in your ear letting all the fluid go in. Then do the other ear (I learned the hard way that if you only do one ear, the other will eventually get infected, so may as well avoid things getting worse).

Hope you feel better soon.
    Will do both.. Thank you very much for the insight and your wishes.
    macw1960 and toronto166 like this.

Trading Score
    30 (100%)

OMG!!! I woke up at 2 am because Ouija was licking my face. Why? Turns out I was having a massive nosebleed. What a freaking mess! It took 10 minutes to get it to stop. And then I had to clean myself, the bed and Ouija. He is black and WHITE!
    Just call me Wolfie

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Frickin back is still aggravating me. I've taken 3 hot baths now with Epsom salts and advil. Sitting and getting up is painful. Bending too. I've never strained my back (this is my lower back). Hopefully it will clear soon. You don't realize how much you need your back lol.
    macw1960 and Linda Evans like this.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

toban, you should get to a dr. - you might need a muscle relaxant. A strained back is nothing to fool with.
    I have chronic back pain - when it flares I use Robax Platinum - it has a pain killer and mild muscle relaxant.

Hope you get some relief soon!
    GoJays, macw1960, toban and 1 others like this.

CaToonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

1. We were on vacation out in Alberta (live in Nova Scotia) and while there, we decided to buy my daughter a pair of Nikes for school. First day of school comes and I go to get them ready and they are 2 right feet and different sizes. There is no way I can return them being on the other side of the country and they were from an outlet store. Emailed Nike over 1 week ago and have no heard back from them. I will have to call them on my break tomorrow to see if anything can be done.

2. We bought a new stand up freezer late January of this year. Friday morning, I go to get something out of it and almost everything is melted. I figured the door got left open and took out what needed to be cooked and left the mostly frozen stuff in the freezer as I figured that would be ok. DH gets home from work and he calls me and says the freezer is toast. Sure enough, the door wasn't left open, but the freezer quit working. We had a service guy come out on Monday to look at it, and there is something wrong with the defrost function so when it kicks in, it stays in defrost and the freezer doesn't get cold again. It will be at least a week before the part comes in and he can fix it. I now have to call Frigidaire tomorrow to see what, if anything they cover for spoilage. I figure we lost a minimum of $400 worth of food if not more.
    Superpoints is back again! Sign up and earn points and cash in for great rewards!
    https://www.superpoints.com/join/7Np...0a_1VnDfDcJDq8 Thank you for using my referral link!

Trading Score
    50 (100%)

Very vocal coworkers. Argh. I can appreciate we all have an occasional bad day, but come on, do you have to talk so loud every day about your problems?
    And it's not just one person either.
    If you work in an office of cubicles, have some respect and KEEP YOUR VOICE DOWN.
    Wait until you get home to yell at your kid to do homework. Take your cell phone away from the lunch table if it rings. And when you hang up the phone I don't need to hear your swearing repertoire because I might be the phone or have a client at my desk.
    Last edited by Shelley17; Wed, Sep 17th, 2014 at 11:32 PM.

Trading Score
    167 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by toban View Post
    Frickin back is still aggravating me. I've taken 3 hot baths now with Epsom salts and advil. Sitting and getting up is painful. Bending too. I've never strained my back (this is my lower back). Hopefully it will clear soon. You don't realize how much you need your back lol.
    Heat can make it feel better right away but it actually inflames the area ... making it feel worse long term.. sounds like you may have a little issue iwth your sciatic nerve.. ice paks are a better solution than heat.. muscle relaxants can too.. just be careful bending and especially lifting while bending.. lift with your legs not your back.. If you go to a Chiropractor , now would be an ideal time to visit.. It commonly\\takes about two weeks to clear
    Natalka, macw1960 and torontogal12 like this.
    Be sure to click like and post a brag if you get the deal.. It makes my day!!! Flattery may just get you more deals

Be sure to double check your flyer, points and cashback offers~ YMMV

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

Every morning I am awoken by the construction outside my window. 7 a.m. every day it's TTC (subway) workers so they are exempt from noise laws. They even do it at 4 a.m. sometimes.

Today is the one day they don't do it.

But the B**** who lives in the frat house next door blasts her dance party at 7:30 instead and that wakes me up.

I'd go talk to her nicely but last time I said hello she gave me the dirtiest look like she was going to punch me in the face. We see her and her boyfriend in the hall all the time and they never bother to say hello, smile, or even acknowledge we exist. God forbid they hold the elevator door for us (we were holding a lot of boxes yesterday and they went in like we weren't even there).

I've encountered THREE nice people who live in this building. We've lived here for 3 years. Everyone is so rude for no reason. Shutting doors in your face. Their dog jumping all over you and they don't do anything about it. Dirty looks or name calling for no reason. One time a guy called me a b**** because I actually held the door open for him...

The neighbours are so rude and the construction will never end. We can't afford to move
    Last edited by torontogal12; Thu, Sep 18th, 2014 at 09:07 AM.
    Apply every possible promo code to your cart, at every store that you visit (and get points for cash back on top of that?). It's sweet and easy with HONEY.

Always use Ebates and get cash back at over 600 online stores! Use this link to get $5, FREE

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

Disclaimer first: I LOVE my kids....I LOVE my kids.

How many times do I, have I in the past said to them
    - " don't assume there will be a workable printer here "
    - " do not leave the printing of your assignment ( due THAT day ) on that day " and
    - " ink cartridges often last longer than the warnings BUT do not bank on that! "

So.....someone here ( I will not incriminate anyone, but I do call her Princess ) dashed down the stairs this morning 2 at a time, flung herself into my chair, closed down what I was working on , printed about 20 pages for a presentation she was supposed to do. We had precious minutes to spare to get her to class. As I dropped her off at campus she gushed " thanks so much Mom! "
    Back home I go, returned to what I was doing which was I wanted to print one single copy of a photo ( 2" x 5 " ) to place into a shadow box.

YUP!! every cartridge is empty now!! All previous warnings of " ink is low, blah, blah, blah " were ignored and I am the one who has to pay the price. No refills here so my printing needs must wait till tomorrow.

sigh....

babies teach us acceptance

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

^walkonby-You know she is dodging the pay per page printing at school (ahem, printcard must be loaded with $) so...is there a giftcard for you that she can provide you with to offset the ink run? Ask and find out!

It'd be lovely if she were to come home with replacement cartridges but you'd have to text/e-mail her the info, right? One of these stores (Staples) does give $7 off when you buy two HP ink packs except on photo value packs and 02 and 564 standard series.

Last month, I had to get some printing done. I basically gave my sibling $5 and said this is to help cover some printing I had to do on the home printer. He was happy and later got an ink pack. Most times, he gives me grief for using up his ink. I try not to print when he's around or get b&w free copies printed at library (allowed two single-sided pages free/day).
    macw1960 and walkonby like this.
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Ciel View Post
    ^walkonby-You know she is dodging the pay per page printing at school (ahem, printcard must be loaded with $) so...is there a giftcard for you that she can provide you with to offset the ink run? Ask and find out!

It'd be lovely if she were to come home with replacement cartridges but you'd have to text/e-mail her the info, right? One of these stores (Staples) does give $7 off when you buy two HP ink packs except on photo value packs and 02 and 564 standard series.

Last month, I had to get some printing done. I basically gave my sibling $5 and said this is to help cover some printing I had to do on the home printer. He was happy and later got an ink pack. Most times, he gives me grief for using up his ink. I try not to print when he's around or get b&w free copies printed at library (allowed two single-sided pages free/day).
    My DH knows how to refill cartridges ( well he has in the past ) but now we have this laser printer and yikes to the cost of these ones!! For the black ink we did buy a " compatible " one for less dollars at an ink place in the Mall, but now all 3 of the colours need replacing. Really the cost is not the aggravation as much as the timing of when the ink actually ran out. Just when I was about to do my printing.....sheesh!
    Asking DD for any $$ for this from her paltry PT earnings seems redundant since we pay for all her Univ costs. I know this is a First World Problem, but I was ticked at that moment.

babies teach us acceptance

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Too much homework!!!
    macw1960 likes this.
    Love like crazy everyday and smile.

Trading Score
    70 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by i_forget View Post
    Too much homework!!!

i'd love if mykid had homework at this moment... she's been out of school for the last 3 weeks due to the teacher strike...
    macw1960 likes this.
    When life hands you Edward Cullen...throw him back and demand Eric Northman....

CaToonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by aurora04 View Post
    1. We were on vacation out in Alberta (live in Nova Scotia) and while there, we decided to buy my daughter a pair of Nikes for school. First day of school comes and I go to get them ready and they are 2 right feet and different sizes. There is no way I can return them being on the other side of the country and they were from an outlet store. Emailed Nike over 1 week ago and have no heard back from them. I will have to call them on my break tomorrow to see if anything can be done.

2. We bought a new stand up freezer late January of this year. Friday morning, I go to get something out of it and almost everything is melted. I figured the door got left open and took out what needed to be cooked and left the mostly frozen stuff in the freezer as I figured that would be ok. DH gets home from work and he calls me and says the freezer is toast. Sure enough, the door wasn't left open, but the freezer quit working. We had a service guy come out on Monday to look at it, and there is something wrong with the defrost function so when it kicks in, it stays in defrost and the freezer doesn't get cold again. It will be at least a week before the part comes in and he can fix it. I now have to call Frigidaire tomorrow to see what, if anything they cover for spoilage. I figure we lost a minimum of $400 worth of food if not more.
    I phoned Frigidaire like the repairman told us to, and was told that they do not cover food spoilage, but would gladly cover the cost of repair. I politely (or bluntly, LOL) told them that I know they would gladly cover the cost of repair as the freezer is less than 1 year old and is under warranty! If this happened after the one year, I would have been annoyed, but sucked up the loss, but less than a year old and it quits working is not right. I had food in my brand new freezer trusting in their product would work for at least the year so now I am out hundreds of dollars worth of food. I posted on their facebook page, but I don't expect an acknowledgement on that one. This will be the last Frigidaire product I purchase. We are looking to upgrade our fridge and stove and they have lost out on that sale.

I have yet to year from Nike concerning the shoes. I don't except them to do anything about it as I really should have checked the shoes before I left the store and not trusted that the shoes in the box were the same (or relied on the staff to check like I have always had before), but it would be nice to have an acknowledgement from them, even if it too bad so sad.

Edited to fix spelling errors.
    Last edited by aurora04; Sat, Sep 20th, 2014 at 10:20 AM.
    Superpoints is back again! Sign up and earn points and cash in for great rewards!
    https://www.superpoints.com/join/7Np...0a_1VnDfDcJDq8 Thank you for using my referral link!

Trading Score
    26 (100%)

change of weather - I live in southern Ontario for now - and it was chilly yesterday today windy and warm - so now allergies and my head are pounding - I need to finish packing this weekend
    Lyssia510 likes this.

Thread Information