User Tag List

Page 316 of 654 FirstFirst ... 216 266 306 314 315 316 317 318 326 366 416 ... LastLast
Results 4,726 to 4,740 of 9802
Like Tree37292Likes

Thread: All Purpose Rant Away Thread - 3.2.1 GO!

Trading Score
    726 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Lyssia510 View Post
    Do they have weekly passes? Those are usually the same amount as two or 3 days of parking, plus here it gives you in and out privillages and isn't tied to your car so if you leave you can give it to another family member to use and they won't have to pay for parking.
    Also it might be worth asking if they waive/reduce parking for parents of young children with long hospital stays.
    Unfortunately no discount rates or weekly passes. They do have monthly passes ($100 and up depending on location but there's usually a wait list).

Our hospital is close to the university so parking is already scarce at their insane prices. DH has been able to park at his work when he visits and walk the 10 or so blocks but even then it's only because he has a special permit that he already pays $100 per month for already. It took him almost 3 months to get his permit. He wanted to drive his bicycle for the Summer to save money but he's afraid he won't get a spot again in September so he's keeping it. It's insane!

I think it's $35-$40 for a lost ticket so I'm sure I'll go that route (much better than the $140+ as of right now). I feel especially bad that my mom is shelling out so much, of course she doesn't care but still $40 for 2 days (8 hour days) is just crazy. You really get dinged for day visits (as opposed to staying long term and loosing your ticket).

I think it's $2.50 per hour and there's a daily max of $20 but I'd have to check to be sure.

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk
    Last edited by bargain_hunter_lola; Fri, May 29th, 2015 at 02:42 AM.
    Lyssia510 and dededi like this.

Trading Score
    726 (100%)

Onto another rant...

It's probably just that I'm tired and stressed as I've been here for 7 days now but geesh, some nurses!

DD was up most the evening. She finally started getting tired at 11pm. At 11:30 I asked the nurse for her morphine that was due at 12am because I didn't want to wake her up if she fell asleep. She refused. Ok fine, even though she only had 2mg at 8 and she can have up to 4mg every 4 hours (so she'd still be way within her limit).
    The nurse insisted on giving it to her at 12am and that DD will barely wake up. Yeah right! But hey what do I know I'm just her mother.

She tells me to go to sleep and she'll "slip in and not wake us". Um, no. I waited. At 12:45 I went to get her and she's no where to be found. I asked the other nurse and she said she'd get her to get it. Finally at 1am she comes in (an hour overdue) and wakes DD up.

Took me almost 2 hours to get her back to sleep. So it's 3 am and no sleep yet for me. She's supposed to be back in for 5am morphine and blood work (I'll be setting an alarm).

I've begun to write literally everything down (medicines, intake, outtake, temps, etc) as I worried things will get missed.

Yesterday the night nurse insisted he needed to do blood work but I told them they had just did it yesterday afternoon. So he calls the lab to confirm and sure enough I was right. The nurse forgot to chart it. Seriously?

I had to remind the student nurse to talk DD's temperature when doing vitals TWICE. She left it in the room so I've been doing it myself every 2-3 hours.

I get that nurses are busy and stretched thin (my mom, sister, sil, friend are all nurses) but geesh it's getting to be a bit much.

Some nurses are fantastic though. Just annoyed at certain ones right now.

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

I am in pain of one tooth in very bad shape since yesterday.I called my dentist first thing in the morning and even I describe how horrible I feel even with Orag tel and Advils(took advices at the pharmacy) no appointement available ......it will be in 5 days....and I made a lots of pressure....I hope a cancellation will happen.I cannot eat no more sugar,and have difficulty to swallow,fiever,and only smootie pass...Last night I did not sleep at all.....that is just insane,it drive me crazy......suffered for panic attack too....but this one tooth is worse than that
    dededi likes this.
    The goal is to live day by day not to much thinking hahaha !!!!
    I love to save money!!! Frugal life hahaah !!!

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

Quote Originally Posted by bargain_hunter_lola View Post
    Onto another rant...

It's probably just that I'm tired and stressed as I've been here for 7 days now but geesh, some nurses!

DD was up most the evening. She finally started getting tired at 11pm. At 11:30 I asked the nurse for her morphine that was due at 12am because I didn't want to wake her up if she fell asleep. She refused. Ok fine, even though she only had 2mg at 8 and she can have up to 4mg every 4 hours (so she'd still be way within her limit).
    The nurse insisted on giving it to her at 12am and that DD will barely wake up. Yeah right! But hey what do I know I'm just her mother.

She tells me to go to sleep and she'll "slip in and not wake us". Um, no. I waited. At 12:45 I went to get her and she's no where to be found. I asked the other nurse and she said she'd get her to get it. Finally at 1am she comes in (an hour overdue) and wakes DD up.

Took me almost 2 hours to get her back to sleep. So it's 3 am and no sleep yet for me. She's supposed to be back in for 5am morphine and blood work (I'll be setting an alarm).

I've begun to write literally everything down (medicines, intake, outtake, temps, etc) as I worried things will get missed.

Yesterday the night nurse insisted he needed to do blood work but I told them they had just did it yesterday afternoon. So he calls the lab to confirm and sure enough I was right. The nurse forgot to chart it. Seriously?

I had to remind the student nurse to talk DD's temperature when doing vitals TWICE. She left it in the room so I've been doing it myself every 2-3 hours.

I get that nurses are busy and stretched thin (my mom, sister, sil, friend are all nurses) but geesh it's getting to be a bit much.

I understand you.I was hospitalised and room changed and even if this was in the record,they did not take my vitals signs twice a days even if I asked....

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

My father opened the door of the balcony this night because it was hot.I close the door at 3am....but I was asleep and did not see my .cat who was one the balcony.Per chance it is closed balcony but this morning I almost felt a heart attack and panic one when I dont find her,....she was on the balcony...She as so many mysteries place to hide.Remember I feel this way because I lost my cat mimi of a sudden heart attack last years. She was only 5 years old and I have Eve since 1 year and dont want to lost her(same year old,traumatism for me from mimi and the fear something goes wrong.)but she is a domestic cat

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by bargain_hunter_lola View Post
    Onto another rant...

Oh my goodness Lola...what a nightmare. Good for you for tracking everything and let's hope your little princess feels better soon.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Walked into work this morning wearing wedge sandals and the strap just broke in half. Have packing tape holding it together right now.

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

My printer dont work even with my new computer too...Windows 7 dont support it....So even if I purchase another one(maxi 41$) it will be the same thing.........any suggestion???(posted in electronic section too tread.

I am tired to miss all the good coupons because now it seems printable is the way to do it.
    Last edited by cath007; Fri, May 29th, 2015 at 07:23 PM.
    toronto166 and dededi like this.

Frosh Canuck
    Trading Score
    5 (100%)

I need a couponing buddy None of my friends are interested in couponing
    ROMEO, toronto166 and dededi like this.
    Trade list:
    CZ Save $1 on any TWO deleverde pasta exp: oct 31, 2014
    Save $8 on Enfamil A+. gentleease, lactose free, nutramigen A+ exp: feb 1, 2015
    Save $5 on a tub or refill box of Enfamil A+ Gentlease exp: feb 1, 2015
    Save $4 on Enfamil D-Vi-Sol, Tri-Vi-Sol, Poly-Vi-Sol exp: feb 1, 2015

Trading Score
    26 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by cath007 View Post
    I am in pain of one tooth in very bad shape since yesterday.I called my dentist first thing in the morning and even I describe how horrible I feel even with Orag tel and Advils(took advices at the pharmacy) no appointement available ......it will be in 5 days....and I made a lots of pressure....I hope a cancellation will happen.I cannot eat no more sugar,and have difficulty to swallow,fiever,and only smootie pass...Last night I did not sleep at all.....that is just insane,it drive me crazy......suffered for panic attack too....but this one tooth is worse than that
    rinse with warm water and sea salt - I have a bad tooth too and dental plan doesn't kick in until July 1st. plus tylenol then wait an hour and take aleve.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by nursegirl View Post
    I need a couponing buddy None of my friends are interested in couponing
    oh no! If I lived closer, I'd gladly be your couponing buddy
    On another note, I wonder why people are not interested in couponing...?! It does add up!

Frosh Canuck
    Trading Score
    5 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by d.ot View Post
    oh no! If I lived closer, I'd gladly be your couponing buddy
    On another note, I wonder why people are not interested in couponing...?! It does add up!
    They're too "embarrassed". I'd be embarrassed about paying full price for something I can get for free/nearly free
    Trade list:
    CZ Save $1 on any TWO deleverde pasta exp: oct 31, 2014
    Save $8 on Enfamil A+. gentleease, lactose free, nutramigen A+ exp: feb 1, 2015
    Save $5 on a tub or refill box of Enfamil A+ Gentlease exp: feb 1, 2015
    Save $4 on Enfamil D-Vi-Sol, Tri-Vi-Sol, Poly-Vi-Sol exp: feb 1, 2015

Trading Score
    30 (100%)

Had new HD recievers installed yesterday. Ugg! I hate them. I was using one of the company's original recievers before and I liked it so much better. I miss it. Newer isn't alway better
    ROMEO, toronto166 and dededi like this.
    Just call me Wolfie

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Went grocery shopping this morning, No Tax day at RCSS and they had 3 cashiers on, really RCSS 3 cashiers on Saturday morning on no tax day. To make this just a little bit more enjoyable the woman behind me spent the whole time complaining about some coupon she had and that they better not question her and just do it. No idea what the coupon was but it only got worse when the cashier questioned me on a coupon (the egg coupon threw him as it is did not list a brand but did take it without issue). First and foremost you are 5 feet from the cashier he can hear you, second the way she spoke to the cashier well giving him the coupon no wonder couponers are given a bad name. She was just down right rude and spoke to cashier like he was below her and had no right to even look over her coupon, he is just doing his job.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Trading Score
    189 (100%)

My cat has a uti he's so unconfortable.. Took him to the vets to get an antibiotic injection. Just want him to feel better

Thread Information