User Tag List

Page 521 of 654 FirstFirst ... 21 421 471 511 519 520 521 522 523 531 571 621 ... LastLast
Results 7,801 to 7,815 of 9802
Like Tree37292Likes

Thread: All Purpose Rant Away Thread - 3.2.1 GO!

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Tomatoes in a bushel rotting in the basement. I thought just some top ones were turning. I managed to find the half composted tomato and chuck it and about 20 others spoiling today. The warm weather just heightened that niggling gas aroma of rot in progress.

I told a certain someone last week to move said bushel into the cold cellar because I don't want the risk of composting veggies in the laundry area. I am so tempted to tip the rest of the tomatoes into the green cart on Monday night. I'm done with this nonsense.

Still using the dish detergent & vinegar solution in a plastic container on the kitchen counter. Keep seeing a tiny fly here and there-have they not gone away yet? Which fruit or veg is the culprit host of said fly?
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by torontogal12 View Post
    So many posts here about people being not nice to the disabled. Let me tell you about a couple of things I noticed when I was in a wheelchair for a couple of days after an injury:

- Had to wait forever for the elevator (45 minutes one time) because able bodied people kept filling them up and there was not enough space for my wheelchair. Then when I got to ground floor I got YELLED at for being late. Then when I explained the reason why, I got yelled at for not caring about keeping everyone waiting...

- One woman expected me to climb over her so I could get to the empty seat next to her (she was blocking an entire empty row of seats). After I tried climbing over her and it was obvious I could not, I asked her if she would mind moving over one seat instead so I could take the end seat. She actually made a scene because I dared to ask, said a nasty comment to me

- When I hurt myself, there was no one around except one dude who saw me fall and just stared at me (even though he saw that my husband had gone ahead maybe 50 metres away and I was calling for him, this guy did nothing to call my husband or help me up). Then this dude's wife came out of the doorway and literally KICKED ME out of her way while I was still down and said not a word.

While I was in the wheelchair, I met a guy who has had a walker for 4 years. He said he encounters the same crap a lot. This is a friendly reminder that you may save 5 seconds by pushing someone out of the way, but your rudeness could cost someone hours of pain from too much standing, or hitting them in the injured body part. There is no shame in asking for help or asking for a seat. There's something wrong with people who will shame you. It costs people nothing to be nice and if more people tried it sometimes, maybe there would be a lot less nasty people in the world
    OMG !! So sad you had to witness such cruel people in world .. people don't consider anyone feelings .. Sad how so many people think mean thoughts and always want hurt people..I think if some people try be nice .. they wouldn't have clue how do it .. makes me sooo upset how some people act and talk to other people. My thinking.. Treat everyone with respect and way you wanted be treated ..if you can't say something good ..better for them say nothing .. take good care yourself sweetie and have awesome day !!
    ROMEO, barbis9, seylz_gurl and 4 others like this.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

There are some people that one meets that never get it through their minds that they are constantly looking out for their own interests (and ignoring how their actions affect others) and never for others. So I have learned to give someone a doubt/pass once then face them with their behaviour. My backbone comes out.
    I also avoid some persons-a choice to minimize stress in life.

With the colder weather, more sinus discharge that hardens in uncomfortable contours of a nostril. Petroleum jelly to the rescue (softens the lot).
    Last edited by Ciel; Sun, Oct 30th, 2016 at 03:59 PM.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Name:  IMG_0498.GIF
Views: 325
Size:  43.9 KB
    Happy Halloween!!
    ROMEO, barbis9, Ciel and 4 others like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    4 (100%)

Dh couldn't get off work early tonight so I left a bowl of candy on our porch with a sign that said please take one and took the kids out. Get home an hour and a half later so dh can take the kids out for a bit, still half a bowl of candy left. In the 10 mins we were inside, some punk not only takes the whole bowl of candy but steals two of our punpkins, while all of us were home and all our lights are on.

These damn rabies shots have given me the worse break outs I've ever had in my life.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

^ Lyssia, we tried that a few years ago when we were moving on Hallowe'en - candy was all gone in like 10 minutes...

Sorry you are feeling awful after the shots

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    4 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Natalka View Post
    ^ Lyssia, we tried that a few years ago when we were moving on Hallowe'en - candy was all gone in like 10 minutes...

Sorry you are feeling awful after the shots
    I figured it wouldn't last too long, I'm just shocked that it was emptied when everyone was home and not while we were out. Oh well, saves me from eating the left overs lol

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Ciel View Post
    There are some people that one meets that never get it through their minds that they are constantly looking out for their own interests (and ignoring how their actions affect others) and never for others. So I have learned to give someone a doubt/pass once then face them with their behaviour. My backbone comes out.
    I also avoid some persons-a choice to minimize stress in life.

With the colder weather, more sinus discharge that hardens in uncomfortable contours of a nostril. Petroleum jelly to the rescue (softens the lot).
    After my sinus surgery I used hydrogen peroxide on the dried up crusts using a q-tip swab. It worked as they were painful to remove.
    Last edited by barbis9; Wed, Nov 2nd, 2016 at 11:40 AM.

Trading Score
    189 (100%)

People who sniff/snort excessively in public.
    Much like my irritation to people who chew loud, I don`t care if you have a drug problem or a common cold. Cut it out.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Candini View Post
    Much like my irritation to people who chew loud, I don`t care if you have a drug problem or a common cold. Cut it out.
    Or they don't have a tissue handy to deal with the mucus, so loud sniffing continues (head for the restroom and use the BT please) or they had cold drinks and just have to suck on the straws for the last dregs of whatever lurks in the ice. I have left library branches due to straw suckers who also sniff loudly. Handkerchieves, make a comeback!

I can understand if a sudden irritant lodges in the throat or nose but generally like you said, take it elsewhere and deal with it. Noise is noise.
    Newfiescreech and dededi like this.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

OK, I had inchworms in June land in my hair and dangle. Today, on two walking forays, I return each time to notice a wee critter swinging on a silky strand in front of my left lens of my glasses. Cut it out, Nature! I could leap out of my skin.
    Newfiescreech, barbis9 and dededi like this.

Trading Score
    30 (100%)

Seriously, I am not a by nature but Holy Hell I may convert to be a registered one!

1- Halloween was a roaring success except for the SIL bringing extra kids and then telling other people when we live. We give out MASSIVE bags that are the size of a standard pillowcase. We have a certain amount that is limited to our friends and family's kids. So pi$$ed at her!
    2- I went into the stores 2 days before Halloween and was disgusted at the displays. Staff were already stuffing Halloween merchandise in boxes and it looks like Yule has barfed everywhere. And TV has Yule movies on already. Venues are advertising for booking Yule parties. OMG!!! No freaking respect for Remembrance Day it seems.
    Just call me Wolfie

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

@wolfwoman -think only Sears Canada has in recent past years acknowledged Rembrance Day with window displays and then goes into full Xmas mode on Nov.12. Cannot think of another chain store that does the same-waiting until after Nov.11.
    Value Village is still in Halloween mode. Interesting to read what you saw in stores.
    Newfiescreech, barbis9 and dededi like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    98 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by wolfwoman View Post
    Seriously, I am not a by nature but Holy Hell I may convert to be a registered one!

1- Halloween was a roaring success except for the SIL bringing extra kids and then telling other people when we live. We give out MASSIVE bags that are the size of a standard pillowcase. We have a certain amount that is limited to our friends and family's kids. So pi$$ed at her!
    2- I went into the stores 2 days before Halloween and was disgusted at the displays. Staff were already stuffing Halloween merchandise in boxes and it looks like Yule has barfed everywhere. And TV has Yule movies on already. Venues are advertising for booking Yule parties. OMG!!! No freaking respect for Remembrance Day it seems.
    Here is my issue with this. You don't decorate for Remembrance Day. And I am so so so bleeping sick of people insinuating I have no respect for remembrance day because I'm excited for Christmas too. I CAN purchase my kids gifts early and he'll even put up a tree if I want to AND wear a poppy and go to a Remembrance Day parade. I realize this is a shocking concept for most people... but I don't decorate my house nor do I gift give for Remembrance Day (like most everyone?) I think this is a backwards way for people who a grinchy about Christmas getting their panties in a twist. Furthermore stores have to have product out BEFORE the holiday starts. It's just how things work. Back to school, Halloween, etc etc etc it's all the same just no one es about it. So sorry but it's a crap argument. You don't want to do the Christmas thing early, power to you. But can you leave everyone who is excited alone? You being a general you to everyone who is going to at me for not respecting veterans. Why do the two need to be mutually related!? And stores are moving Halloween stock to be DISCOUNTED you should have seen the swarms at all three stores I visited today. Literally nothing to do with Christmas. So there is my rant.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Candini View Post
    Or maybe they have allergies.....I sniff a lot even with allergy medication, nasal rinses, nasal spray, etc. Doctor said it was normal for allergies/sinus issues. Sorry if it offends - in some cases it can't be helped.

Thread Information