User Tag List

Page 2 of 61 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 52 ... LastLast
Like Tree4745Likes

Thread: August Frugal chatter

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Hiya laides, like many of you I can't figure where the summer has gone and I'm in total shock that today is August 1st. My goals for August are to stock up on meat sales (ground beef, steak) and start baking again (has not purchased baked goods unless on reduction) but it's just been too hot but need to get back to baking once a week and freezing the excess. I have a huge list of items that I would like to get done this month but I think they are achievable, 1. take the kids to Kingston for 2 nights (small family vacay budgeted/saved up for), 2. Finish staining the front of the house, 3. install new back door ($ is in the bank), 4. Dh needs to put plywood roof on the shed and cover with blueseal, 5. continue to collect items for Project FreshStart (family in need), 6. Attempt to do some of the bodywork/patch work on the car myself (while dh is not around - lol), 7. start staining the side of the house once (front is completely done), 8. I would really like to spend 4-5 days at the cottage with the family (doing a few projects but mostly relaxing), 9.
    2019 is the year that we continue to save before we buy!!!

One Awesome Domestic Diva MrsSunshine's Avatar
    Trading Score
    88 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by jasperandchar View Post
    I just suggest borrowing a pen from the cashier and making a note of the cash received right on the receipt. I purchase a large accordion folder at the dollarama and put all receipts (groceries, utilities) everything receipt goes into the folder for the month....this way I have a quick reference it works for me.

only problem with this awesome idea, is if i lose the receipts again, i have no idea what i requested. really with bank statements would show purchased this $__ much in groceries and took this $_ much out in money ya know.

well so far today ds is off to pick up milk, however he's going to SDM instead of NF's and using my card. so i gain a little reward and its cheap.
    Be Strong
    Be True
    Be You.
    Simple as that!

Trading Score
    65 (100%)

My goals for August aren`t really any different. I`ve been spending a little too much money and need to get back on track with CC debt. Still trying to get my stockpile of yarn to a manageable level...Spinrite tent sale this month won`t help. lol Have to stop watching JTV...it`s tempting to buy more jewelry that I absolutely don`t need. Last week I bought a couple magnetic clasps for necklaces...I have trouble with some clasps and then I saw a pair of diamond earrings I just had to have.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

I'm really going to stay on top of my food budget. I always just jig stuff around in my budget to make it work but want to be true to it this month lol. Since I'm really trying to plan meals and use up stuff we have because I'm tired of overflowing cupboards etc it should be easy. And I have 3 bags full of food in my mother's freezer that I'm storing there that I really want to start using up including 2 bags of steak from SDM redemption in the Spring and a turkey! I have traded for some awesome coupons so that will help tons! So far spent $5 on 5 bags of frozen veggies. (anyone have Europe's best $1 off veggies and fruit expire December 31? I'm looking for tons and will trade new stamps )

Trading Score
    24 (100%)

My goals for August are pretty simple - stick to the budget, use my "other money" to splurge (currently saving for a Bissell steam cleaner on amazon - halfway there!), try to organize my bill payments with my paydays, do a lot of financial jigging. We are going to try to eat through a lot of the contents of the freezer again, so that should make the grocery budget to go down because all we'll need is some fresh stuff. And will hopefully have $50 leftover in the GAS jar (yep, we're doing the Gail Vaz Oxlade jars - it works for us cause we have a "safety $20" in our wallets), plus we have movie passes and such in the Entertainment jar.
    Blog. Open an account with Tangerine (formerly ING-Direct) using my Orange Key (40643422S1), deposit $100 and we both get $50! Offer is available until December 31st. Check here for more details.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

well I totalled up what I spent on groceries last month and it was 383.36 -so 95 .84 a week -under budget -but ate out a little to so about 120.00 there(plus we were on holidays for 4 days so you do spend)-all in all I am happy lets see what I do this month-I know I will be spending more as the baby shower( for my granddaughter to be) is first week in sept

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (100%)

Hiya laides, like many of you I can't figure where the summer has gone and I'm in total shock that today is August 1st. My goals for August are to stock up on meat sales (ground beef, steak) and start baking again (has not purchased baked goods unless on reduction) but it's just been too hot but need to get back to baking once a week and freezing the excess. I have a huge list of items that I would like to get done this month but I think they are achievable, 1. take the kids to Kingston for 2 nights (small family vacay budgeted/saved up for), 2. Finish staining the front of the house, 3. install new back door ($ is in the bank), 4. Dh needs to put plywood roof on the shed and cover with blueseal, 5. continue to collect items for Project FreshStart (family in need), 6. Attempt to do some of the bodywork/patch work on the car myself (while dh is not around - lol), 7. start staining the side of the house once (front is completely done), 8. I would really like to spend 4-5 days at the cottage with the family (doing a few projects but mostly relaxing), 9.
    thanks for the reminder. I need to do some baking prep as well. I like to do OAMC but with baking, so cookie logs, ect in the freezer, easy pull and bake when needed. I need to do some again.
    to join earnably https://earnably.com/i/gigi3
    or Swagbucks
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/daycaremom
    offers wonderful ways to earn amazon.ca gcs... paypal and much more. message me if you want any hints.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (100%)

2 loads of laundry out. using up a bunch of crafty stuff from my over flowing craft stash. ( seriously over flowing craft stash for the daycare kids. ) we are doing a crafty day, they love it!!!
    to join earnably https://earnably.com/i/gigi3
    or Swagbucks
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/daycaremom
    offers wonderful ways to earn amazon.ca gcs... paypal and much more. message me if you want any hints.

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Frugalbigmama View Post
    I'm really going to stay on top of my food budget. I always just jig stuff around in my budget to make it work but want to be true to it this month lol. Since I'm really trying to plan meals and use up stuff we have because I'm tired of overflowing cupboards etc it should be easy. And I have 3 bags full of food in my mother's freezer that I'm storing there that I really want to start using up including 2 bags of steak from SDM redemption in the Spring and a turkey! I have traded for some awesome coupons so that will help tons! So far spent $5 on 5 bags of frozen veggies. (anyone have Europe's best $1 off veggies and fruit expire December 31? I'm looking for tons and will trade new stamps )
    didn't know there was a Dec. 2013 expiry for EB, I am now well stocked on a good variety of frozen veggies - didn't count.

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by alicia View Post
    My goals for August are pretty simple - stick to the budget, use my "other money" to splurge (currently saving for a Bissell steam cleaner on amazon - halfway there!), try to organize my bill payments with my paydays, do a lot of financial jigging. We are going to try to eat through a lot of the contents of the freezer again, so that should make the grocery budget to go down because all we'll need is some fresh stuff. And will hopefully have $50 leftover in the GAS jar (yep, we're doing the Gail Vaz Oxlade jars - it works for us cause we have a "safety $20" in our wallets), plus we have movie passes and such in the Entertainment jar.
    I love the jars we have been doing this since January it's a great visual of what you actually have to spend.

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by coupon girl View Post
    well I totalled up what I spent on groceries last month and it was 383.36 -so 95 .84 a week -under budget -but ate out a little to so about 120.00 there(plus we were on holidays for 4 days so you do spend)-all in all I am happy lets see what I do this month-I know I will be spending more as the baby shower( for my granddaughter to be) is first week in sept
    great keeping track

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Giseledta View Post
    thanks for the reminder. I need to do some baking prep as well. I like to do OAMC but with baking, so cookie logs, ect in the freezer, easy pull and bake when needed. I need to do some again.
    what does OAMC stand for?

Trading Score
    24 (100%)

Once A Month Cooking
    Blog. Open an account with Tangerine (formerly ING-Direct) using my Orange Key (40643422S1), deposit $100 and we both get $50! Offer is available until December 31st. Check here for more details.

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

Once a Month Cooking.
    Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

Well I am in for August Frugal chatter too!!! Need to rebudget ,organize and benefit the sales for clothes and a lots of things.Need to use more coupons too.
    I have been away yesterday for a dad friend funeral + a lots of others things,I miss the chat in here..will try to catch it up. I try to make my stockpile bigger for the upcoming year,I am pretty low on so many things.
    Last edited by cath007; Thu, Aug 1st, 2013 at 11:31 AM.
    The goal is to live day by day not to much thinking hahaha !!!!
    I love to save money!!! Frugal life hahaah !!!

Page 2 of 61 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 52 ... LastLast

Thread Information