User Tag List

Page 1 of 61 1 2 3 11 51 ... LastLast
Like Tree4745Likes

Thread: August Frugal chatter

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

http://forum.smartcanucks.ca/359579-...hatter-canada/ for those continuing on.... September names by Frugalbigmama September Super Savings, September Frugal Chatter by Granger, Sweet September Savings, Savour September Savings by avoncallingu,Serious September savers by coupon girl, Back to September Savings by YOU AND ME,
    This thread is currently associated with: N/A
    Last edited by jasperandchar; Tue, Aug 27th, 2013 at 06:30 PM.
    2019 is the year that we continue to save before we buy!!!

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Food recipes

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

cleaning recipes

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

reserved

One Awesome Domestic Diva MrsSunshine's Avatar
    Trading Score
    88 (100%)

So a very important tip..if your really trying to keep track of groceries and money spent on them or anywhere else
    DON"T take a cash advance at the cashout of the grocery store. you can lose track of where that money went after.
    Keep ALL receipts in an envelope, put all receipts in it as soon as you get them, whether at the store, or at home.
    Be Strong
    Be True
    Be You.
    Simple as that!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

August Goals- Keep cleaning and purging the stuff we do not need and post on Kijiji. Shop smarter. Only buy stuff we need/will use and no processed crap. We are really watching what we eat and trying as healthy as possible. Continue planning our meals and shopping the sales. Tackle the list that is growing on the fridge of things to do around the house.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

My first goal of August is to go through the deepfreeze - have been keeping some stuff at the bottom which is old just to keep it full, so it's more energy efficient. It's time for a listing of what is useable.

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Good Morning All,
    I cannot believe it is August already, where has the summer gone.

August is super busy for me or I should say has the potential to be super busy. A lot of my month will depend on what happens with me guy, not sure he will get out for his bday he had an allergic reaction to a medication. Still have hope he will get out of this weekend but only time will tell. Also this month I am working 2 Saturdays , plus we have our company golf tournament which I am one of the organizers so I always find this day a little stressful not to mention my glow in the dark complexion mixed with my dark hair and spending a long time in the summer is always fun. Just from spending all afternoon on the course even when I do not golf tends to take everything out of me, I come home and pass out on the couch but it is so fun and great to see everyone you don't normally see as all 5 locations are invited. As well it is both of my Dad's parents Bday so not sure if we will be doing anything yet, we may not as it is getting harder and harder to get Oma up and out and Opa is still recovering from his surgery (although every once in awhile you see him wondering around work, he just cannot stay away he only has one setting and it is go go go) so we will have to wait and see if they want to do anything or maybe it will just be cake and coffee. So most weekends this month may be very busy and there are at least a couple where there will be no shopping as I just will not have the time.

Goal for August is to get mom back on track, between the no concept of time she has going (there is always later or tomorrow) and just what seems like lack of any motivation mixed in with the fact she always in pain we have to find a way to curb our eating out. Again last night we ordered Chinese because mom didn't want to cook and I have to admit I did not have any motivation either, plus deep drying scares me and we were supposed to be having homemade onion rings.

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

frugal fitness

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (100%)

copy and pasting my goals from when I posted tehm in the July thread. I have a ton of stuff to do in August. stick to the budget, get $ to debt. finish the purdge, get stuff to the dump. work the fall garden finish off the lapgan for Christmas, and at least 2 of the gift baskets for the boys, possible 3 of them. prep and organize a area for the scrapbooking stuff I need to finish off....
    to join earnably https://earnably.com/i/gigi3
    or Swagbucks
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/daycaremom
    offers wonderful ways to earn amazon.ca gcs... paypal and much more. message me if you want any hints.

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by MrsSunshine View Post
    So a very important tip..if your really trying to keep track of groceries and money spent on them or anywhere else
    DON"T take a cash advance at the cashout of the grocery store. you can lose track of where that money went after.
    Keep ALL receipts in an envelope, put all receipts in it as soon as you get them, whether at the store, or at home.
    I just suggest borrowing a pen from the cashier and making a note of the cash received right on the receipt. I purchase a large accordion folder at the dollarama and put all receipts (groceries, utilities) everything receipt goes into the folder for the month....this way I have a quick reference it works for me.

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Frugalbigmama View Post
    August Goals- Keep cleaning and purging the stuff we do not need and post on Kijiji. Shop smarter. Only buy stuff we need/will use and no processed crap. We are really watching what we eat and trying as healthy as possible. Continue planning our meals and shopping the sales. Tackle the list that is growing on the fridge of things to do around the house.
    sounds like a fabulous plan/goals I too have a large "honey do list" when you own a home the list unfortunately continues to grow...but baby steps/prioritizing what needs/should be 1st/patience and unfortunately $).

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Natalka View Post
    My first goal of August is to go through the deepfreeze - have been keeping some stuff at the bottom which is old just to keep it full, so it's more energy efficient. It's time for a listing of what is useable.
    avoncallingu likes this.

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by SassyAshley View Post
    Good Morning All,
    I cannot believe it is August already, where has the summer gone.

August is super busy for me or I should say has the potential to be super busy. A lot of my month will depend on what happens with me guy, not sure he will get out for his bday he had an allergic reaction to a medication. Still have hope he will get out of this weekend but only time will tell. Also this month I am working 2 Saturdays , plus we have our company golf tournament which I am one of the organizers so I always find this day a little stressful not to mention my glow in the dark complexion mixed with my dark hair and spending a long time in the summer is always fun. Just from spending all afternoon on the course even when I do not golf tends to take everything out of me, I come home and pass out on the couch but it is so fun and great to see everyone you don't normally see as all 5 locations are invited. As well it is both of my Dad's parents Bday so not sure if we will be doing anything yet, we may not as it is getting harder and harder to get Oma up and out and Opa is still recovering from his surgery (although every once in awhile you see him wondering around work, he just cannot stay away he only has one setting and it is go go go) so we will have to wait and see if they want to do anything or maybe it will just be cake and coffee. So most weekends this month may be very busy and there are at least a couple where there will be no shopping as I just will not have the time.

Goal for August is to get mom back on track, between the no concept of time she has going (there is always later or tomorrow) and just what seems like lack of any motivation mixed in with the fact she always in pain we have to find a way to curb our eating out. Again last night we ordered Chinese because mom didn't want to cook and I have to admit I did not have any motivation either, plus deep drying scares me and we were supposed to be having homemade onion rings.
    I agree the summer is just flying by...Have fun at the golf tournament and even though it is stressful I am sure try and have some fun/enjoyment. Hope your guys feels better soon, better that he have these medical issues (allergies to meds) while in the hospital. Once he is all better I am sure you will be there with bells on. It's hard to motivate someone when they don't want to be motivated, I'm guessing her constant pain is most likely the biggest attribute to her lack of motivation as that can drain anyone. Keep up the great work and savings.

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Giseledta View Post
    copy and pasting my goals from when I posted tehm in the July thread. I have a ton of stuff to do in August. stick to the budget, get $ to debt. finish the purdge, get stuff to the dump. work the fall garden finish off the lapgan for Christmas, and at least 2 of the gift baskets for the boys, possible 3 of them. prep and organize a area for the scrapbooking stuff I need to finish off....
    Glad you posted your goals as it's nice to have a visual, nice to see you have some some "goals" for august such as scrapbooking. I will be posting my goals on the desk at home so they stare at me everyday and most of the day...
    Crochetlady and avoncallingu like this.

Page 1 of 61 1 2 3 11 51 ... LastLast

Thread Information