User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree17Likes

Thread: US Shopping Deals etc

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I have never done that either. I was wondering which place is closest from GTA for clothing/ grocery/stationary and is it worthwhile to go any specific time in November/December . which stores should i be heading

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by rida View Post
    I have never done that either. I was wondering which place is closest from GTA for clothing/ grocery/stationary and is it worthwhile to go any specific time in November/December . which stores should i be heading
    I don't know your area or what stores to go to, but I do know the best time to go would be for their Thanksgiving which is Nov. 28, 29 they call this Black Friday, they were usually closed on Thursday for Thanksgiving but now a lot of stores are opening at 8:00 pm.. I have already called some stores like Bon Ton, Macy's, JC Penney for coupons. I already received 1 from Bon Ton worth 20% off all day purchases. Also of you make sure to check the Internet a few days before you leave to print your coupons. I have been going for the last 10 years and if you know what you want and you plan you can find some great deals!!

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Thanks SavvyLady. I will be heading from Mississauga and main shopping would be for clothing for a teenager and 2 young girls. I might also look for some jeans, dress shirts for my hubby and winter coat or jacket for my teenage daughter. She insists on Aritzia/TNA and i find it to be never ever on sale and it is way expensive any ways. i don't know of any alternative jacket for her TNA.
    Will sure call the above stores.
    Regards,
    Rida

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by rida View Post
    Thanks SavvyLady. I will be heading from Mississauga and main shopping would be for clothing for a teenager and 2 young girls. I might also look for some jeans, dress shirts for my hubby and winter coat or jacket for my teenage daughter. She insists on Aritzia/TNA and i find it to be never ever on sale and it is way expensive any ways. i don't know of any alternative jacket for her TNA.
    Will sure call the above stores.
    Regards,
    Rida
    When my kids were teenagers they liked Hollister and Abercrombie. My daughter says Zara in the States is good for coats, jackets. My daughters used to think Macys was for old people!! but they have a section for teens, young adults and there are great deals there. Also check out The web site mommysavesbig.com for tons of coupons! Good Luck and have fun!!

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Its crazy how Canadian prices on food are so much higher than US. Same stuff that is manufactured in the US is sold in Canada 20-30% more…I live 30 min away from US border and go to Costco every week, the parking lot is packed with BC license plates. You would think Canada would even things out on prices a little to keep Canadians shopping in their home country instead of growing US economy...

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by katboss07 View Post
    You would think Canada would even things out on prices a little to keep Canadians shopping in their home country instead of growing US economy...
    It is not so simple.
    Two different countries.
    Two different economic systems and salary structures for employees, minimum wage, employee health care spending etc.
    Comparing apples and oranges instead of apples and apples

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

You really do need to know your prices, we have a lot of great deals here too,but it kills me to pay the hst!! I find when the States have a sale it's really a sale, they discount until it's almost free!! Some stores here are getting better but they still have a long way to go..in the States when they indicate 50% off its 50% off! not up to 50% and you can never find those items. I went to the States for Black Friday, and got 3 TV's $98.00 each, the Ipad mini was $299.00 with a $100.00 gc. My daughters bought 6 pairs of boots at Bon- Ton reg. $79.00-$89.00 they paid $15.00 each, heated blankets, heated mattress pads, I posted my receipt somewhere on this site 1 of my bills was $300 +, and it said you saved $1152.00!!
    im going back on Boxing Day my husband got a free night at a hotel, so I figured we'll go and relax a bit after the hectic holidays!! Merry Christmas everyone!!Hope everyone has a great 2014!!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    14 (100%)

Just found this thread and i am glad i did. Lots of great tips. Looking forward for more

Trading Score
    8 (100%)

Copying what others have posted elsewhere, check out these sites for coupons prior to going to the USA for shopping .
    -www.wnydealsandtodos.com
    -www.suzysaverwny.com
    -www.triciasfrugalfinds.com
    -www.krazycouponlady.
    Shwa Girl likes this.

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

we were in the US recently
    grocery store deal: buy one Cheerios get one free, save $3.99
    but wait, there's more
    buy 2 General Mills cereals (aka Cheerios) get milk free (smartsource in store blinking machine thingy)

Bought 2 x multigrain Cheerios for $4.00. Got 2 L Almond milk free ($4.29 value).
    $4.00 for 3 products, or ~$1.33 each
    easy breakfast or evening snack
    Last edited by Shwa Girl; Fri, Apr 25th, 2014 at 04:13 PM.

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

US Costco
    2 x hand towels PLUS 2 x face towels, bundled
    sale $$6.99 for 4 towels
    3 colour

Frosh Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by katboss07 View Post
    Its crazy how Canadian prices on food are so much higher than US. Same stuff that is manufactured in the US is sold in Canada 20-30% more…I live 30 min away from US border and go to Costco every week, the parking lot is packed with BC license plates. You would think Canada would even things out on prices a little to keep Canadians shopping in their home country instead of growing US economy...
    Yes, the food prices are cheaper. However, I have noticed that the same type of food has different amounts of salt, sugar, etc. What's up with that? I bought tuna helper from the U.S and it had a lot more salt than the one sold in Canada. The same goes for cereal. The Captain Crunch I buy in Canada has less sugar than the one I bought from the U.S. The milk is also cheaper but they have way less testing and filtering done on their milk. I love to buy milky way in the states as well as Ghirardelli (the brownie mix is so good). Shoes and handbags are also a lot cheaper in the U.S.

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

Last edited by Shwa Girl; Mon, Apr 28th, 2014 at 09:24 PM.

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

J C Penney Worthington pants, for work and going out
    #1 = $9.97, regular $38.00 (winter style)
    #2 = $9.97, regular $38.00 (winter style)
    #3 = 21.00, regular $38.00 (spring style)
    flyer coupon for 30% off apparel
    cashier said we could use the coupon on clearance items too
    so, new pricing
    #1 = $6.98
    #2 = $6.98
    #3 = $14.70

75 % savings
    Last edited by Shwa Girl; Mon, Apr 28th, 2014 at 09:26 PM.

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

Target USA long awaited coupon deal this week and next

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information