User Tag List

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By I$land

Thread: Fels-Naptha soap ..... where is it sold?

I'm A Couponista addict kellyschool1's Avatar
    Trading Score
    84 (100%)

I really want to start making my own laundry soap. I have no clue on where to buy Fels-Naptha soap? I am not exactly clear on what they call "washing soda" what is that exactly? baking soda? TIA!
    This thread is currently associated with: N/A

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

I haven't been able to find Fels-Naptha soap where I live (in Ottawa), but it's easy to find if you happen to go to the US, in grocery stores and Wal-Mart. If you look in the laundry detergent section at the grocery store, you should be able to find bars of Sunlight laundry soap. You might be able to buy Fels-Naptha online.

You definitely want washing soda, which happens to be a stronger version of baking soda.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    9 (100%)

i use sunlight bar soap they sell at walmart or homehardware, they come in packets of 2. and you can buy super washing soda at homehardware as well. and 20 mule team borax you can find at walmart. the boxes will last you at least a year. i started making my own liquid laundry soap a year and half ago and i love it. no other soap gets my jeans looking brandnew as this soap does. my recipe is, grate one bar sunlight soap into 6 cups water semi boil and strir until you get sunlight soup, then pour it into a 3 quarter full of hot water 5 galllon pail. add one cup super washing soda and half cup of 20 mule team borax. then give a big stir then let sit over night. the next day i stir again it will gel as it thickens. stir then pour into empty detergent containers. you can even add your own scent if you like, i sometimes use downy the fresh rain scent i add into a bottle tbsp only. this will make at least 8 bottles of detergent containers. i hope i was of some help. and the savings are outstanding i havent bought any detergent at all since i started making my own.

Quote Originally Posted by kellyschool1 View Post
    I really want to start making my own laundry soap. I have no clue on where to buy Fels-Naptha soap? I am not exactly clear on what they call "washing soda" what is that exactly? baking soda? TIA!
    thriftygranny likes this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (100%)

washing soda , and borax is also found at no frills. , and home hardwear. fels napha - I am pretty sure only in the states. its 99 cents a bar there. use the sunlight bar.
    to join earnably https://earnably.com/i/gigi3
    or Swagbucks
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/daycaremom
    offers wonderful ways to earn amazon.ca gcs... paypal and much more. message me if you want any hints.

Thread Information