User Tag List

Like Tree5Likes
  • 3 Post By tjthemanto
  • 2 Post By tjthemanto

Thread: Costco : Only $ 3.89 prescription fee + No membership fee required for Pharmacy

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

If you don't have a drug plan or if your company doesn't cover all of your prescription fees , the best place to fill your prescription is COSTCO.

Their drugs are the cheapest price wise and their prescription dispensing fee is only $ 3.89 , much cheaper than Wal Mart , SDM or Rexall.

NO membership fee is required to access their pharmacy . Both Costco member's or Non member's can access their pharmacy.

So if you have a COSTCO nearby and you pay out of pocket for your drugs i.e you have no insurance or drug plan or a partial drug plan ..go to COSTCO to save money
    This thread is currently associated with: Costco, Pharmaplus, Pharmaprix, Rexall PharmaPlus, Shoppers Drug Mart, Walmart
    ssbean, 4sure5 and CouponLover618 like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

I didn't find the rest of the stuff over there to be that great ..so the membership fee is not worth it for me

But I will use their pharmacy without the membership fee ..he he he

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

Bump for people who don't have a drug plan and pay precription fees and charges from your pocket..go to Costco..no membership required to use their pharmacy
    matrix82 and TaraF like this.

CaToonie
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Good to know, thanks! I have a friend who's been unemployed for a few years now and gets his prescriptions from Costco.

In case I lose my job, I know where to get my meds.

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

Personally I think they take advantage of us that do have a drug plan. Previously Metro would give me my sons meds 3 months at a time. So one dispensing fee and 1 trip to pick them up. I switched to Costco only to discover they would only give me one month at a time so three fees and three trips to Costco. In fact three Costco fees was far more than the one fee from Metro. I was finally able to get them to do two months at a time after pointing out the prescription was written as a 3 month prescription. If he still needs this next year I will be leaving Costco since Metro is closer.

Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by lilo0003 View Post
    Personally I think they take advantage of us that do have a drug plan. Previously Metro would give me my sons meds 3 months at a time. So one dispensing fee and 1 trip to pick them up. I switched to Costco only to discover they would only give me one month at a time so three fees and three trips to Costco. In fact three Costco fees was far more than the one fee from Metro. I was finally able to get them to do two months at a time after pointing out the prescription was written as a 3 month prescription. If he still needs this next year I will be leaving Costco since Metro is closer.
    Yeah they should give it to you for 3 months..most pharmacies do ..my parents get 3 months supply from Wal Mart ..all the time..they have a drug plan , so they don't bother with Costco and WM is ver convenient for them.

If you have a drug plan you might as well go to Metro or SDM or Rexall etc , don't bother with Costco.

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

I have no problem getting 3 months of prescriptions at a time, but then again the only 3 month supply that I go in for is my birthcontrol pill.
    Try out the maven box by julep And code FREEFB, and get your box for one cent:
    Use this link
    http://www.julep.com/rewardsref/index/refer/id/2287/

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

Does anyone know , how much Costco charges for ODB recipients ?

1. For the lower co-payment $ 2.00 ODB category as well as

2. For the higher ODB co-payment category of $ 6.11

Do they waive the fees for the lower ODB category or reduce the fees for the higher ODB category.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

For all of the access said to be free to non-members to Optical and Pharmacy, encountering a door minder at Costco that is reluctant to let one in for such a visit is enough to turn me off from future solo visits.

I don't know how many SCers quiz their potential pharmacists on dispensing policies (the above mentioned 1-month supply of medicine vs prescribed 3-month supply), dispensing fees (the token counter signs are not enough information for comparison purposes), medicine reviews and other services/free programs that are provided.
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Thread Information