User Tag List

Page 2 of 96 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 52 ... LastLast
Like Tree8552Likes

Thread: Serious September Savers Frugal Chatter

Contradiction in progress sweet sparrow's Avatar
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by vesper View Post
    And I'm going to stop my obsessive vacuuming. Sometimes I do this twice a day.
    With kitties, I find that you have to stay on top of the dustbunnies. My long haired cat could create quite a lot of hair in a few days. Thankfully, we didn't have any carpeting (also useful for the weekly hairball she left me).

For the girls who've ever been on mat leave, how often does the EI cheque come/money get deposited? Is it each week or biweekly? I think I've spent my entire amount for August on diapers.

I'm looking forward to a more frugal September! Apple season is coming up though and I have such a weakness for all the interesting varieties.

Trading Score
    30 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by sweet sparrow View Post

For the girls who've ever been on mat leave, how often does the EI cheque come/money get deposited? Is it each week or biweekly?
    Mine were always bi-weekly but my pay at work is bi-weekly (not sure if it makes a difference if you get paid weekly at work?)
    Collecting Campbell's soup labels for our school RAKs greatly appreciated.
    Using WagJag for great deals!

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

2 weeks in England is over, and now the back to school rush is on us. It was nice not to worry about the cost while we were away and we stayed pretty much within budget. We stayed on a working farm while away in the second week so we had fresh eggs and apples as well as tomatoes all for free. The kids loved just going out to the apple tree to pick an apple when they were hungry for a snack The only unplanned was the 200.00 Hilton stay on the last night as we wanted to be closer to the airport. But I am sure I will have racked up lots of airmiles for groceries and I had saved 60.00 worth of PC points for the groceries when we came back. It was 80.00 to restock And that was all fresh food and bread. Nothing went into the stock pile or freeze, but it was nice to pay only 20.00 for it all. We need to be frugal this month but with 4 birthdays and my parents anniversary that will be tough. We bought our soon to be 13 yr old a camera and gave it to him before we left so his gift is done. The camera was beyond his birthday budget so he asked both sets of grandparents to not buy a gift and to contribute to the camera. The younger one turned 10 while we were away and we surprised him with a tour of the new Harry Potter studios in London.
    now the laundry beckons
    Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

morning all -glad to see you joined us vesper -hanging clothing out is always great -fresh scent-save on hydro too-well had a great day yesterday-daughter asked us to pick her up was in town visiting her sister-in-law-then went to an late lunch with her on locke street they have great restuarants-earth table bar awesome small place-well she decided to pay half of the bill (such a nice daughter) I think cause she wanted a bottle of Ontario reisling wine-she was stressed over a few problems with hubby(si I listened and drank a bit with her) then we came back to our house and her hubby joined us they worked out their problem and we had a great evening-with them hubby and I -they stayed over too -I love seeing my grown kids-today we were going to go on a road trip but we decided against it (need a frugal day today ) cause we spent at the restaurant yesterday-oh we have 2 slices of pizza left over to -frugal lunch for hubby-see ladies and men sometimes we have to splurge a little -I saved 34 in coupons on Saturday so the lunch was a treat-anyway off to do laundry-its cheaper today-even did my daughter's and her hubbies laundry yesterday anything to save them time -my daughter lives in Toronto and works 50 hours or more per week-so for that I got a big hug and kiss -loll

putting the kettle on.. sweetproserpina's Avatar
    Trading Score
    25 (100%)

I'd love to join the chatter and challenge this month I've been inspired by cheekysaver to get back on the couponing/restocking wagon and to actually keep track of everything.. I've definitely let things slide over the summer.

My goal for september is to clean up the dark and scary cold cellar, and stock it up with canned goods, and root cellared fruit and veg. It should be an interesting experiment.. If I'm really on the ball I'd like to do some youtube videos about it to share my progress.
    I love free books! Earn points at Swagbucks and get great Amazon GCs or Paypal $$.
    RLF: Goldfish!!, Butter, Astro Yogurt, Triscuit Thincrisps...

Trading Score
    42 (100%)

I hate having hairy tires. Time to break out the razor!

Hi folks!

Last month a experiemented with hanging lots of cloths to dry instead of putting them in the dryer! I am very pleased!

I also bought a used electric tire gauge to ensure my tires have proper hair, to make sure I am not wasting gas.

Thanks for this thread, i am going to go look for other ways to be a bit more efficient and wiser with my resources.

yahoo!
    "There are more important things--friendship and bravery...."
    -Hermione Granger

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Granger View Post
    Subscribed. September goal, no unplanned lunch purchases for back to work, or drive thru snacks on the way home.
    i FINALLY figured out how to subscribe to a thread

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Sweet Sparrow-EI is I believe always paid every 2 weeks-it usually takes awhile to get the first deposit.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Well then you are much smarter than me!!

Quote Originally Posted by saundyl View Post
    i FINALLY figured out how to subscribe to a thread

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

With kitties, I find that you have to stay on top of the dustbunnies. My long haired cat could create quite a lot of hair in a few days. Thankfully, we didn't have any carpeting (also useful for the weekly hairball she left me).

For the girls who've ever been on mat leave, how often does the EI cheque come/money get deposited? Is it each week or biweekly? I think I've spent my entire amount for August on diapers.

I'm looking forward to a more frugal September! Apple season is coming up though and I have such a weakness for all the interesting varieties.
    My EI when i was on it a couple years ago was bi-weekly. My moms when she was on it this summer was supposed to be biweekly but processing messed up & it was never deposited. Now its one lump sum sometime in september due to having to refile & reprocessing. Doesnt help much for the 2.5 months she was unemployed to get paid AFTER shes back at work.

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by lizzie bargain View Post
    Well then you are much smarter than me!!
    Theres a link at the top of each page reading Thread Tools that drops down a menu you can subscribe to thread. Its right under all the page numbers

Trading Score
    86 (100%)

Hi folks!

Last month a experiemented with hanging lots of cloths to dry instead of putting them in the dryer! I am very pleased!

I also bought a used electric tire gauge to ensure my tires have proper hair, to make sure I am not wasting gas.

Thanks for this thread, i am going to go look for other ways to be a bit more efficient and wiser with my resources.

yahoo!
    Feel free to come to my house and vacuum. I'll shamefully admit I don't even do it weekly on a regular basis.

EI is issued twice a week. Do you collect pampers points? You can use them to get well.ca gift cards which you could use to buy diapers too. I also would preorder before big redemptions at Shoppers. I also used to on the last day of a sale for a raincheck. Usually they are sold out by then.
    Last edited by Insane; Mon, Sep 2nd, 2013 at 12:32 PM.
    You just proved Signature Advertising works!

Earn FREE money just by searching! Ask me how to get a $5GC using my referral.
    Get $10 off $40 for new customers at well.ca using the code springhascome

One Awesome Domestic Diva MrsSunshine's Avatar
    Trading Score
    88 (100%)

well.. we were supposed to work on the xmas stuff.. but dh is working tonite.. so.. maybe this weekend. today is about catching up on some laundry, housework.. making lunches for tomorrow.. and trying to tackle.. 'it'.. if i don't make it back from 'it'.. send the calvary!
    Be Strong
    Be True
    Be You.
    Simple as that!

Trading Score
    86 (100%)

My 2 girls' birthdays fall in Sept. First one is done. She's getting a new leappad game I got on clearance, some books (which I managed to order 2 of and now it'll cost me the same amount to send them back. Silly chapters! And even more silly me!) and some lego friends. #2 is a little cheaper. She's getting a new cabbage patch doll (which I got for free with huggies points at christmas but it didn't arrive on time), a Becol doll carrier (she wants the matching one to my carrier for her little brother) and I'm knitting her a whole bunch of doll clothes. For Christmas I'll probably get her a double doll stroller, but it was too much for me to spend on her birthday.

Going to take the kids to the labour day BBQ. There's usually a bounce castle, free books, watermelon and usually some bannock and fish.
    You just proved Signature Advertising works!

Earn FREE money just by searching! Ask me how to get a $5GC using my referral.
    Get $10 off $40 for new customers at well.ca using the code springhascome

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

Goal for Sebtember is to sort through my youngests clothes. He has more than he needs and we give his stuff to a friend of my mom, she is raising her grandson. I just talked to my mom and said to tell her not to buy back to school jeans. So far I have taken 10 items out of his closest. I find having two boys with differents tastes result in stuff the youngest never wears. busy day of catching up. Laundry from vacation is done. Brownies and rice krispie squares are made and now to find the lunch bags. I hate making lunches.
    Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

Page 2 of 96 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 52 ... LastLast

Thread Information