User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree90Likes

Thread: Creating gift baskets from stockpile items *ideas

Trading Score
    167 (100%)

I'm a bit ocd .. ok alot ocd.. When I coupon, I get items for my kids & their families, 2 of my sisters, their families, 2 neighbours. My goal is to provide them with personal care items & cleaners for the whole year.. I give this to them at Christmas time. I put in anything I can find for free or just tax. Last years baskets contained tampons, pads, deordant , tooth brushes and paste, shaving cream, razors, makeup, soap, laundry detergent, dishwash soap & tabs, makeup, movie passes, BBQ Sauce, Windex, scrubbing bubble cleaners, vim, Tetley Tea, Keurig Kcups, Old dutch potato chips, hand cream, cereal, soup, beans, paper towels, etc etc.. When SDM has the mega redemption just before Christmas I use my points to pick up random things to give it a little boost for my kids.. I've gotten laptop, camera etc plus random other items, Video games etc.. I get thanked all year for these gifts.. No more running out to get pads or deo etc when you run out.
    Be sure to click like and post a brag if you get the deal.. It makes my day!!! Flattery may just get you more deals

Be sure to double check your flyer, points and cashback offers~ YMMV

Trading Score
    450 (100%)

Wow, I am guessing you must be able to stack.
    I am doing the same thing for my sister and dh's niece along with 24 gift baskets, however, I have never been able to get all the items you got for free or just the tax. (Can't stack where I live)

I did the 24 gift baskets last year and I think it cost me about $150 for all 24 gift baskets when it was all done.
    They went over really well .

Quote Originally Posted by MillieH View Post
    I'm a bit ocd .. ok alot ocd.. When I coupon, I get items for my kids & their families, 2 of my sisters, their families, 2 neighbours. My goal is to provide them with personal care items & cleaners for the whole year.. I give this to them at Christmas time. I put in anything I can find for free or just tax. Last years baskets contained tampons, pads, deordant , tooth brushes and paste, shaving cream, razors, makeup, soap, laundry detergent, dishwash soap & tabs, makeup, movie passes, BBQ Sauce, Windex, scrubbing bubble cleaners, vim, Tetley Tea, Keurig Kcups, Old dutch potato chips, hand cream, cereal, soup, beans, paper towels, etc etc.. When SDM has the mega redemption just before Christmas I use my points to pick up random things to give it a little boost for my kids.. I've gotten laptop, camera etc plus random other items, Video games etc.. I get thanked all year for these gifts.. No more running out to get pads or deo etc when you run out.
    Trade List /Wishlist: http://forum.smartcanucks.ca/382792-dreamcatcher1962s-trade-wish-lists-canada/#post5928904

Trading Score
    167 (100%)

No, I'm in Ontario.. can't stack here.. except for Target now.. Best way to get items for free is using coupons @ SDM .. The makeup, Physician's Formula came from matching a sale, with a $3 coupon, 20x the points event & a MIR. Right now I have coupons for VH steamers, I save them for when SDM has them on for 2.99 and get 18,500 points when you spend $75. I pick up 26, it costs me 26$ for 25 meals and I have a minimum of 37$ to spend on a bonus or mega redemption.. I also use overage at other stores when I can get coupons that alllow it.

Sweet Baby Rays BBQ sauce was free with the $2 insert coupons

The Lysol no touch soap dispensers regular price is generally 15.99, they were recently on sale for 9.97, with a Mir for $10 plus there is a $5 coupon.. so a money maker.. plus they make a nice gift.

Recently there was a great Veet offer, I can't remember exact details but there was a $10 coupon plus a $15 Mir?? SDM had them on for 19.99, on a 20x the points day.. These run around $35 and ended up being free plus earning me some points :o)

Last week Walmart had ladies razors that are normally 7.87 on clearance for 3.87. There is a $4 Printable.

2 Weeks ago Target had Ubykotex tampons on, by combining a printable from the Kotex site and one from target they were .24 each box. I have a coupon buddy, I supply her with inserts and coupons I won't use, she will pick up stuff for me and cover that . Other times she brings me stuff from her stockpile. I just tell her what I'm short on.

A few months ago Vileda had FPCs in the inserts for scrubbers.. I got a bunch of those..

I order all coupons I see listed online even if I won't use them, then I trade them for ones I will use.

Stouffer/lean cuisine & coke have a great promotion, you enter the pins from their products and earn rewards. You can cash them in for movie passes, gift cards even personalized stickers, a great gift for kids on your list. To help me along I ask friends and family to keep an eye out for the coke lids or stouffer pins at work.

I got a bunch of barilla pasta for .13 each using insert coupons but paid for them using a gift card I earned from entering stouffer pins. I got a bunch of soap for free and used the overage to get 10 bottles of ragu, 10 large tins of tomatoes & some Glad cling wrap.

Currently there is a $2wub2 coupon in the Walmart magazine that lets you get sandwich bags for free.. just pay tax

I'm getting brain freeze now but I hope this gives you some idea on how to do it.

Quote Originally Posted by dreamcatcher1962 View Post
    I am doing the same thing for my sister and dh's niece along with 24 gift baskets, however, I have never been able to get all the items you got for free or just the tax. (Can't stack where I live)

I did the 24 gift baskets last year and I think it cost me about $150 for all 24 gift baskets when it was all done.
    Last edited by MillieH; Fri, Sep 13th, 2013 at 12:48 PM. Reason: commas are so important :o)
    Be sure to click like and post a brag if you get the deal.. It makes my day!!! Flattery may just get you more deals

Trading Score
    133 (100%)

I've done a housewarming one and a moving into college residence one. Both were well received!

Trading Score
    450 (100%)

OMG, my head is .
    I've been couponing for 2 years now and have never done the MIR's. Guess I'm going to have to watch these more carefully

I haven't seen the WM magazine, is that something that you pick up in store? Is the $2 wub 2 coupon on Ziploc or Glad?
    Will have to tell my sister about the SDM thing and the VH coupons, I just sent her 20 of them, lol.
    Clearly, I still have room for improvement on this couponing thing , lol.

Thanks for the tips. I'm always looking for coupons for things that I can get for free for my gift baskets.
    We do up 24 baskets every year at Christmas and since I started couponing, it has definitely helped the budget.

Quote Originally Posted by MillieH View Post
    No, I'm in Ontario.. can't stack here.. except for Target now.. Best way to get items for free is using coupons @ SDM .. The makeup, Physician's Formula came from matching a sale, with a $3 coupon, 20x the points event & a MIR. Right now I have coupons for VH steamers, I save them for when SDM has them on for 2.99 and get 18,500 points when you spend $75. I pick up 26, it costs me 26$ for 25 meals and I have a minimum of 37$ to spend on a bonus or mega redemption.. I also use overage at other stores when I can get coupons that alllow it.

Sweet Baby Rays BBQ sauce was free with the $2 insert coupons

The Lysol no touch soap dispensers regular price is generally 15.99, they were recently on sale for 9.97, with a Mir for $10 plus there is a $5 coupon.. so a money maker.. plus they make a nice gift.

Recently there was a great Veet offer, I can't remember exact details but there was a $10 coupon plus a $15 Mir?? SDM had them on for 19.99, on a 20x the points day.. These run around $35 and ended up being free plus earning me some points :o)

Last week Walmart had ladies razors that are normally 7.87 on clearance for 3.87. There is a $4 Printable.

2 Weeks ago Target had Ubykotex tampons on, by combining a printable from the Kotex site and one from target they were .24 each box. I have a coupon buddy, I supply her with inserts and coupons I won't use, she will pick up stuff for me and cover that . Other times she brings me stuff from her stockpile. I just tell her what I'm short on.

A few months ago Vileda had FPCs in the inserts for scrubbers.. I got a bunch of those..

I order all coupons I see listed online even if I won't use them, then I trade them for ones I will use.

Stouffer/lean cuisine & coke have a great promotion, you enter the pins from their products and earn rewards. You can cash them in for movie passes, gift cards even personalized stickers, a great gift for kids on your list. To help me along I ask friends and family to keep an eye out for the coke lids or stouffer pins at work.

I got a bunch of barilla pasta for .13 each using insert coupons but paid for them using a gift card I earned from entering stouffer pins. I got a bunch of soap for free and used the overage to get 10 bottles of ragu, 10 large tins of tomatoes & some Glad cling wrap.

Currently there is a $2wub2 coupon in the Walmart magazine that lets you get sandwich bags for free.. just pay tax

I'm getting brain freeze now but I hope this gives you some idea on how to do it.
    PammieD and Autumn7 like this.
    Trade List /Wishlist: http://forum.smartcanucks.ca/382792-dreamcatcher1962s-trade-wish-lists-canada/#post5928904

Trading Score
    408 (100%)

OMG, my head is .
    I've been couponing for 2 years now and have never done the MIR's. Guess I'm going to have to watch these more carefully

I haven't seen the WM magazine, is that something that you pick up in store? Is the $2 wub 2 coupon on Ziploc or Glad?
    Will have to tell my sister about the SDM thing and the VH coupons, I just sent her 20 of them, lol.

Thanks for the tips. I'm always looking for coupons for things that I can get for free for my gift baskets.
    We do up 24 baskets every year at Christmas and since I started couponing, it has definitely helped the budget.
    Yup - $2 wub 2 Glad food storage products, excluding saran wrap.

Trading Score
    450 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by PammieD View Post
    Yup - $2 wub 2 Glad food storage products, excluding saran wrap.
    Thank You
    Autumn7 likes this.

Trading Score
    167 (100%)

The Walmart magazine is free and they have tons in the store.. just pick up one or two each time you go.. theyève been putting some really nice coupons in..

MIRs are great... even better if you have family or friends addresses you can send to.. I get one sent to my neighbour across the street and one to my daughter.. When doing MIRs be sure to following the instructions carefully, then photocopy the receipt & form, write the date you mailed it on the copy and store it in your coupon folder under MIRs. If for some reason you don't get the rebate, you have the information to resend. :o)

Don't worry about the head spinning, it will all seep in .. :o)

OMG, my head is .

Autumn7 likes this.

Trading Score
    154 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by linnyeg View Post
    I've done a housewarming one and a moving into college residence one. Both were well received!
    Would love to hear more about the "moving into college residence" one!

I have two (female) student friends I'd like to do a giftbasket for this year...and am trying to think of ideas. They are not moving into residence...but I'm sure could use some of the same stuff...

I'm thinking....coffee...travel mugs...gum...stationary...mmmm that's all I've got. lol.
    LOVE to trade

Try TreasureTrooper and receive a free $5 sign-up bonus

Trading Score
    450 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Autumn7 View Post

I have two (female) student friends I'd like to do a giftbasket for this year...and am trying to think of ideas. They are not moving into residence...but I'm sure could use some of the same stuff...

I'm thinking....coffee...travel mugs...gum...stationary...mmmm that's all I've got. lol.
    Don't forget about things like laundry soap, fabric softener or dryer sheets, dish soap, windex, Fantastik , toilet paper , paper towel.
    Maybe not exciting but things they will definitely use.

WM has the windex and Fantastik on sale. Use the $2 wub 2 or the bogo coupon on the windex and the $1.50 off any Fantastik trigger coupon from a past insert .
    Your Windex will only cost you $1 and the Fantastik will only be .50
    Momof3girlies and Autumn7 like this.

Trading Score
    408 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Autumn7 View Post

Don't forget about things like laundry soap, fabric softener or dryer sheets, dish soap, windex, Fantastik , toilet paper , paper towel.
    Maybe not exciting but things they will definitely use.

WM has the windex and Fantastik on sale. Use the $2 wub 2 or the bogo coupon on the windex and the $1.50 off any Fantastik trigger coupon from a past insert .
    Your Windex will only cost you $1 and the Fantastik will only be .50
    Just make sure you find out what type of residence they're in. Mine was "traditional" style so we had a communal washroom...like public washrooms....so tp wasn't necessary. Cleaning was also done weekly by a staff member.

If they have a stove top in an "apartment style" rez room, that opens it up a bit more.

I'd definitely say laundry stuff though, travel mugs are a great idea, dish soap, maybe a fun tea towel to dry dishes on, brita pitcher/water bottle maybe, cup a soups, mr. Noodles, snacks/granola bars etc, cereal (if you know their faves?).

I found rez really sterile so anything with some personality I think would be great to make it more cozy. Depends on the girls of course though!

Trading Score
    422 (100%)

I usually just do general Womens/ Mens baskets with personal care items and a couple chocolate bars. I love the Italian Dinner one, my mom's getting that one for sure Keep the great ideas coming!
    Autumn7 likes this.

Putertato
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I just thought of this the other day myself. I'm planning to get several of the Neutrogena Cleansers with the Target and Mfg coupon stacking at Target (total paid around $1). Both coupons are printable, and several postings on these forums. If I can get enough for my sisters and daughter, I will stash to give to our local Retirement home. There are so many folks there who don't have any family to visit and don't get anything for the holidays. Don't forget about our elders everyone.

Take care all. Cheryl

I <3 SmartCanucks. Momof3girlies's Avatar
    Trading Score
    58 (100%)

I was wondering what you put in your baskets?

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    13 (100%)

This is a foodie basket I just did for my parents

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information