User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree90Likes

Thread: Creating gift baskets from stockpile items *ideas

2 tired 2 b creative here CanadianCouponCollector's Avatar
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

... In an effort to save money this Christmas, I'm wanting to put together gift baskets for family members using stockpile items or items we can get inexpensively using coupons or whatnot. I've searched the threads for ideas but so far have only found a new baby gift basket. Has anyone else made gift baskets out of their stockpile items, and what was the theme?

If you have pics, even better! I love pics!

Thanks in advance!
    This thread is currently associated with: N/A

I <3 SmartCanucks. Momof3girlies's Avatar
    Trading Score
    58 (100%)

what a great idea! gonna keep my eyes on this thread for ideas. Thank you.
    Autumn7 likes this.

Trading Score
    154 (100%)

Thanks for posting! I've been thinking about this too I wanted to do it for last christmas, but couldnt get enough together in time. I have a list that I started a few weeks ago, based on things I already have, and I'm thinking I will do sort of a "winter survival" themed gift basket. So far a few things I might add are:

~Coffee
    ~Teas
    ~Chocolate (maybe those chocolate spoons if I can find them!)
    ~Preserves (marmalades, etc)
    ~Glade Melt Warmers/candle products
    ~Moisturizers
    ~Lip Balms
    ~Cough Drops

Maybe some baked goods, or winter-themed items too! Depends what kind of deals I can find in the next few months
    Last edited by Autumn7; Sun, Sep 1st, 2013 at 09:03 PM.
    Momof3girlies and csaund21 like this.
    LOVE to trade

Try TreasureTrooper and receive a free $5 sign-up bonus

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

Themes would be a great idea for these gift baskets!

Birthday: Summer (female) - razor (Schick), shaving cream, nail polish (OPI, Sally Hanson) shampoo, conditioner, soap (Olay), facial wash (Clean and Clear), body wash (Dove, Olay), etc.
    Last edited by acosta; Sun, Sep 1st, 2013 at 09:19 PM.

2 tired 2 b creative here CanadianCouponCollector's Avatar
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

^^^ Ohh that's a nice one! I know Dollarama has packs of 3 spoons for a buck- I'm sure it would be easy to dip one into a bit of melted semi-sweet chocolate and let it dry on wax paper or something! :D

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    245 (100%)

Italian pasta night basket. A few types of pasta, some jars of sauce (red and white), Kraft Parmesan cheese, napkins, perrier water, all tucked into a dollar store colander and cellophaned. If you want to spend a few extra dollars, some olives and a small jar of artichoke hearts make a nice added touch.
    Kitty77, csaund21, lecale and 2 others like this.
    So many coupons....so little time!

One Awesome Domestic Diva MrsSunshine's Avatar
    Trading Score
    88 (100%)

so easy to make the chocolate spoons.. literally take plastic spoons. melt chocolate.. dip and 'wrap' the spoon end in the chocolate and then you can sprinkle things on it, mini marshmallows, broken bits of candy canes, tiny chocolate chips, etc..wrap in plastic and tie with ribbon..
    i usually listen to friends 'hints' of things all year.. and then put those items in the basket as well.
    Kitty77 and Momof3girlies like this.
    Be Strong
    Be True
    Be You.
    Simple as that!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

You could even do stockpile giftbaskets for housewarming gifts.

Cleaning products (Windex, Scrubbing Bubbles, Green Works, Wipes), toilet paper, kleenex, etc.

Trading Score
    50 (100%)

"Pamper me" theme for a woman:
    chapstick, hand cream/body lotion, nail polish, nail tools, perfume samples, shampoo & conditioner, body wash, chocolate bars, candle warmer, scented candle, razors, Olay bar soap, makeup wipes, playtex samples with carry bag, Crispy Minis, Dr Oeltker Mug Cake, POM juice (single serving size), Starbucks single serve Via coffee packs.
    A couple of items that we may not find coupons for but often see on sale at Shoppers Drug Mart: makeup bag, loofah sponge/mitt or poof for body wash, coffee/tea mug.

Trading Score
    50 (100%)

Basket for a young man:
    Car slip-on air freshener, chapstick, Crispy Minis, granola bars, body wash, deodorant, bar soap, razors, shaving cream/gel, aftershave, toothbrush, toothpaste, mouthwash, chocolate bars, samples of men's cologne, body spray, cereal, chocolate bars, men's hand cream, single serve instant coffee, single serve hot chocolate packages. The teen packages often have an excellent assortment of products for men and for women $9.99, I open them and use in gift baskets regularly as they are available almost year round.
    I try to match up the body products to all the same brand and scent so they go together.
    Other ideas with no coupons but often on sale at Shoppers Drug Mart: coffee/tea mug, travel mug, DVD movies. I also try to add a couple of scratch lottery tickets.

One Awesome Domestic Diva MrsSunshine's Avatar
    Trading Score
    88 (100%)

other gift basket ideas for teen boys
    facial products (acne medicine), axe products,
    movie baskets.. tickets or a movie itself with bottles of pop or fun tea, candies/chocolate bars, popcorn.. (im doing this one)
    Be Strong
    Be True
    Be You.
    Simple as that!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    245 (100%)

I have done movie themed baskets like the one MrsSunshine suggested and they work well. You can also switch it up a little and make it a Family Games Night basket. Watch for board games and board game coupons this fall Christmas for some deals. You can also throw in a couple of decks of cards.
    Kitty77, lecale, Autumn7 and 2 others like this.
    So many coupons....so little time!

Canadian Genius
    Trading Score
    51 (100%)

Last edited by lecale; Sun, Jan 18th, 2015 at 03:44 PM.
    Kitty77, DianneS, Autumn7 and 1 others like this.

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    13 (100%)

I have been working on this idea too. My parents have everything so I'm going for a foodie-gourmet basket theme. Have been collecting slowly and since I told my step sister about it she wants one too!

Trading Score
    18 (100%)

I've done baskets for Christmas presents for the past couple years now. I buy plastic buckets and cellophane wrap from Dollarama, and fill them with random stuff. I try to fill them with coupon items I got either for free or for less than $2 per item.

My female 'pamper baskets' usually have: toothbrush, toothpaste, mouthwash, shampoo, body wash, soap, razor, shaving cream, lip balm, moisturizing cream, a book (I get freebies from publishers to review), and some chocolate/candy/gum. If I need to pad it I add gift cards or movie passes that I get through reward programs.

My male baskets usually have the same stuff (just guy versions), and I throw in a toque or baseball hat from Chapmans.

I tend to focus more on personal care/hygiene products since I can usually get those cheapest or free with coupons. I alter the contents depending on age or interests.

There's movie themed baskets you can do. 3-pack boxes of popcorn go on sale for $1 frequently, pair them with movie passes or a cheap dvd, add popcorn boxes from the dollar store (the plastic ones that are white with red that look like old-school popcorn containers).

For a family gift you can do board games (lots go on sale for $10 a couple times a year).

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information