User Tag List

Page 28 of 82 FirstFirst ... 18 26 27 28 29 30 38 78 ... LastLast
Like Tree6510Likes

Thread: October Frugal Chatter - Harvest the Savings

Trading Score
    184 (100%)

Sounds great! Oktoberfest???? BTW how is it going with your Korean student?

Quote Originally Posted by lizzie bargain View Post
    Well I am going on a frugal trip later this month-off to Germany for 2 weeks to visit my sister while hubby stays with DD and our Korean student. So far my out of pocket expenses are 200.00 for taxes on my frequent flyer ticket( although I do have to take the milk run but I figure it will save me $800-900 so totally worth it to do a connection) and $123 for the airport hotel the night before I fly home. All other accommodation will be free thanks to my sis so the only other real costs will be touring around by train and some meals out. My sister and I are Scrabble fanatics so that will also keep us busy-and it's free! Oh and I already had annual travel insurance for the whole year so no extra charge for that.
    Here's to all you great SC'ers
    Join Swagbucks and make $$$
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/avoncallingu

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

I kind of think that Oktoberfest will be over by the time I get there but not really sure. The Korean student is doing great thanks-has settled in nicely.

Contradiction in progress sweet sparrow's Avatar
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by cath007 View Post
    So with the fridge problems and the short delay of time I will not be able to meet the requirement,I will be probably get evincted,I dont know what will happen.
    Sorry to hear Cath007! Is it possible to get an extension? Can they really evict you for that?

With everyone's family issues, I'm thankful to have no major ones this year. I know when things aren't as crazy, I let the little things get to me, but I should keep some perspective because there are some years that seem almost unbearable and I want to hide under a rock. This year will be celebrated with both families, and I hope that everyone else has a peaceful thanksgiving, and if not, a peaceful Christmas.

If that fails, we'll all meet here on SC for our virtual family for hugs and to support and lean on each other, as always.

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by Frugalbigmama View Post
    Yes, Rep teams are playing games already. The house league just started here too.
    Our rep tryouts just started this past Sunday. My son has a tryout this evening. I am staying home as it is far too stressful

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by coupon girl View Post
    well everybody have my new granddaughter-I cant send pictures as son doesn't want to -put her on facebook or anything-but she was born at 11.13 last night "ashlyn" weight 6 pounds 12 oz- a tiny baby girl with loads of black hair -my lovely daughter-in-law was in labour from 2 .00 am on sat when her water broke -then we went to hospital at 2.00 pm and her labour was slow -but then picked up in the evening -and my daughter-in-law let her mom and I go in the birthing room with her when she was in labour and pushing -midwifes let us -our husbands went home at 9.00 pm- well I almost passed out -unreal-not from seeing anything cause she wasn't crowning yet -just maybe we shouldn't have eaten boston pizza at 4.30-i don't know my nerves -but I removed myself from the room and a nurse told me my coloring was back to go back in there -maybe my blood sugar dropped she said -anxious maybe-so I went back in and held jenns head up as she pushed -my what a different experience than my 2 births -more subdued lighting, no stirrups she used the mom's -us our hips to put her feet on and push -just a nicer experience than I had 28 and 31 years ago-I thanked her for letting me come in -wow then today we went back this morning to hold her -so sweet -ahhhh I cant describe how this feels-wonderfull-then my son said last night that my mom would have loved her -well I cried then -ohh and my son caught her coming out and cut the cord-just wonderfull-now I can have my thanksgiving too
    Congrats. Enjoy every second with your new grandbaby. Your son is smart for leaving pictures off the internet.

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Angela273 View Post
    I taught today. In the morning I received two phone messages close together from the school that I will be teaching at on Thursday. One saying they wanted me to teach Wednesday too, the second message said that they did not need me. Not really sure what that was all about. While at the school I had a sick teacher ask for me to come back and teacher for him tomorrow, so I've got another day of teaching work. I ran over to NF to PM yogurt and pick up milk and sour cream. NF is only 2 blocks away from the school. When I parked in the parking lot I already had another message from a teacher at a different school requesting that I teach for her tomorrow afternoon. I returned the call to let her know that I am already booked.

I have worked or will work by Thursday, 5 days this month. Already beat last month's total. That's a good feeling.
    Great stuff, hope you get many more bookings this month.
    2019 is the year that we continue to save before we buy!!!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    55 (98%)

Quote Originally Posted by jasperandchar View Post
    I need to RANT (lol), my parents have for the last 12 years gone away from May to September and then in the last 7 years also so innadition to this travel to Arizona from Nov. to March, so in essence they are or have only been around for for 2-3 months a year. I'm not upset that they are not around as I had a very difficult childhood and quite honestly destroyed all the pictures of my childhood up to when I met my dh at 17 years old. The only picture I kept was my baby picture. Anyways my rant is now that my mom has to go for heart surgery I know my parents will expect to be invited over for Christmas and I quite honestly don't care to have them over. My parents have said numerous times over and over that it's nice to be away for Christmas and not have to decide who's home they will go to but both my brothers never invite them over for holidays of any sorts so guess who is the one that used to invite them over. My point is that I know they expect that they will be invited over for Christmas but I think they will get the shock of their lives since I have no plans to invite them over as my dad hates Christmas and is a total jerk all the time regardless of the occasion or day. My mom is a drama queen and to be honest this may seem harsh, I don't really want them around because they will ruin our nice Christmas and everything else they take part in. I went out with my boys and parents on Saturday and I swear never again, my dad had a temper tantrum worse than a 2 year old child and is just a jerk in general with my kids especially my oldest who has ADHD. I get mad and tell my parents how can you get upset with someone who is a child and secondly has a disability, shame on you. Anyways as thanksgiving is approaching I won't be hosting a dinner of any sort as dh & my eldest son will be away moose hunting. This gives my youngest and I some quality time together. Anyways I know my parents have started to come around more often and call everyday freakin' day since they got word of my mom's upcoming surgery. I know I will not visit her at the hospital because of what they said to me when I was in the hospital admitted by the ambulance not by choice in the physc. ward, they knew what I did and didn't even have the parenting skills which they never did have, years of neglect and so much more but the point is I am going to stand my ground and not invite them over for Christmas and of course my dad being the jerk he is will say and this is why we go away during Christmas and I will say no one has you over because you don't give a rats ass about anyone else other than your selfsish self. I don't really have a point to this I know my parents won't be around forever and given my past to me they have never been around anyways, I just think that it's ironic now that they will no longer be able to travel given the high insurance costs for my mom to be insured that now they are kissing my ass, sweet karma.
    I am so sorry you are going through this hun. The holidays are never fun when you feel forced to spend them with family you would rather not see.

I have gotten to this point with my family and trying to find a way out of doing Christmas with them. I had been asking and asking my father and sister about Thanksgiving and got no straight answer until last week when I was sick, my sister told me that they couldn't come because they forgot they were taking in one of my nephew's friends for the weekend. We would have welcomed an extra stomach to feed no problem but it was obvious that was their excuse not to come. We invited them for dinner last year for Thanksgiving and for Easter and have tried to get the kids together several times over the summer (they are 6 months apart) and they always have an excuse so I am just done.

We are supposed to be hosting Christmas this year and I will not be saying a word about it. I feel like they only want to get together at Christmas so they can buy flashy gifts and show off that they make more money than us. Last year we agreed only buying for the kids and they still bought tons for me, DH and my father...

I would rather spend the holidays with family that we see all year round and WANT to spend time with us.

Remember, what goes around comes around. You get out of people what you put into them. If they have never made the effort why should you now??

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    55 (98%)

Quote Originally Posted by jasperandchar View Post
    I need to RANT (lol), my parents have for the last 12 years gone away from May to September and then in the last 7 years also so innadition to this travel to Arizona from Nov. to March, so in essence they are or have only been around for for 2-3 months a year. I'm not upset that they are not around as I had a very difficult childhood and quite honestly destroyed all the pictures of my childhood up to when I met my dh at 17 years old. The only picture I kept was my baby picture. Anyways my rant is now that my mom has to go for heart surgery I know my parents will expect to be invited over for Christmas and I quite honestly don't care to have them over. My parents have said numerous times over and over that it's nice to be away for Christmas and not have to decide who's home they will go to but both my brothers never invite them over for holidays of any sorts so guess who is the one that used to invite them over. My point is that I know they expect that they will be invited over for Christmas but I think they will get the shock of their lives since I have no plans to invite them over as my dad hates Christmas and is a total jerk all the time regardless of the occasion or day. My mom is a drama queen and to be honest this may seem harsh, I don't really want them around because they will ruin our nice Christmas and everything else they take part in. I went out with my boys and parents on Saturday and I swear never again, my dad had a temper tantrum worse than a 2 year old child and is just a jerk in general with my kids especially my oldest who has ADHD. I get mad and tell my parents how can you get upset with someone who is a child and secondly has a disability, shame on you. Anyways as thanksgiving is approaching I won't be hosting a dinner of any sort as dh & my eldest son will be away moose hunting. This gives my youngest and I some quality time together. Anyways I know my parents have started to come around more often and call everyday freakin' day since they got word of my mom's upcoming surgery. I know I will not visit her at the hospital because of what they said to me when I was in the hospital admitted by the ambulance not by choice in the physc. ward, they knew what I did and didn't even have the parenting skills which they never did have, years of neglect and so much more but the point is I am going to stand my ground and not invite them over for Christmas and of course my dad being the jerk he is will say and this is why we go away during Christmas and I will say no one has you over because you don't give a rats ass about anyone else other than your selfsish self. I don't really have a point to this I know my parents won't be around forever and given my past to me they have never been around anyways, I just think that it's ironic now that they will no longer be able to travel given the high insurance costs for my mom to be insured that now they are kissing my ass, sweet karma.
    I also want to say that it sounds they don't treat your sons very well as grandparents should (or you for that matter) and I would not want that around my children either.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Wow, they start late! I find the games stressful lol But Sunday we won 10-1 so that was a very stress free game lol

Quote Originally Posted by cdngal75 View Post
    Our rep tryouts just started this past Sunday. My son has a tryout this evening. I am staying home as it is far too stressful

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Happy Tuesday everyone! Beautiful sunny day here today. Would have been a great day to be off and puttering around the yard.
    Tonight's goal: Feed kids- Well was going to do tacos but my sister is in town and wants to take kids for dinner so taco night is moved to Thursday night. Prep dinner for the crockpot for tomorrow's dinner. (thinking chicken, carrots, potatoes with salad) Then clean up the kitchen and empty dishwasher from last night.
    At 7pm toss a load of laundry in the washer. Hang to dry when done.

Start pulling my closet apart. Grab a garbage bag to put Christmas gifts in until I'm ready to sort them (to keep them hidden) Goal is to start on one side of my large closet and complete it tonight. Will save going through all my clothes as the last step. Tossing garbage in the garbage and the good stuff that is too big/not my style anymore will be put in a box and given to my friend to sell for me. (she messaged me last night that she has my bin of stuff that didn't sell ready for me and $94.50 cash Awesome! I'm very happy with that amount and happy DS's closet is organized! Have another box started of his stuff too so will give to her once full and hope to make another decent amount.) Putting the money aside for future clothing purchases.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Ugh. One of those days. Woke up late, got to the bus stop just in time to watch it pull away. Took a cab, got stuck in traffic, and paid almost double what I usually do. Checked my paystub, and found out I still had days subtracted from our strike so I had to put in another application for strike pay. Good thing I'm keeping an eye on my finances this month - it seems like I'll really need it! *grumble grumble* Ah well. Still time to turn this day around. Good morning everyone!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Enjoying a turkey sandwich with leftover turkey from Sunday night with tomato, lettuce, cheddar on toasted rye bread. Yummy!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Why do people eat out? Always disappointed when I do as it never tastes as good as what we can make at home and such a waste of money!!!

Made a $9 turkey on Sunday night. (think it was .88 cents a LB)
    4 of us had turkey dinner (mashed potatoes (25 cents worth) Gravy (from drippings with a bit of flour so .25 cents) can of corn (42 cents) and broccoli (40 cents)
    BF took for lunch on Monday
    Last night we made 2 club sandwiches with the Turkey
    I had a turkey sandwich for lunch today
    I will have one tomorrow too.
    Will make turkey wrap for DS for the next few days for school lunch

That turkey went a long way!

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

OH MY word so like I mentioned yesterday Maytag & the warranty company have offered me a brand new stove same as I had and it should arrive within 7-10. Funny things is that the repair company swore up and down that the part would be in their office yesterday afternoon but they never even called to cancel as they were supposed to arrive late yesterday, I was hoping the wouldn't call anyways but it's the point that they should have atleast called to cancel. And then to top it off they just called to say that the part will be in their office on Wednesday and ready to install. So here is my question, should I call them and tell them not to bother or is it not up to the warranty repair company to have cancelled the repair/call? I really don't want to be bothered to deal with them as they have made the last month of my life hell with their stupidity of ordering the part 4 times before they get it right and they were extremely ignorant with me when I spoke with them late last week. ?????
    2019 is the year that we continue to save before we buy!!!

Page 28 of 82 FirstFirst ... 18 26 27 28 29 30 38 78 ... LastLast

Thread Information