User Tag List

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I started out in March, getting serious about saving for a trip we WERE going to take to the UK this summer (no longer employed changed that). Up til that point I was a die hard Superstore supporter.
    For 10 years I didn't shop for groceries anywhere else

I figured I could probably do better on my grocery bill if shopped around. I also started looking at coupons and found this site!

I was absolutely floored at how expensive the superstore actually is! It still has a great variety and I have to say I cannot find a comparable store brand to PC products but for the most part I have left Superstore except for sale items

Thank heavens for No Frills! Does anyone else find, almost exclusively, EVERYTHING at No Frills is cheaper than Superstore?

I now shop mostly at No Frills and Sobeys, with occasional stops for sale items at co-op and Superstore.

I occasionally see posts regarding food items at Shoppers with Manager stickers on them... Is anyone aware of Shoppers in Charlottetown doing this? I have never bought food at Shoppers.
    This thread is currently associated with: Co-op, No Frills, Real Canadian Superstore RCSS, Shoppers Drug Mart, Sobeys

CaToonie
    Trading Score
    51 (100%)

This is totally just my opinion:
    I still love my Superstore...and do find that most of their prices are much lower than most places. But I stop in at Co-op once a week for their member only sales and to check their discount bins. And I occasionally go to Sobeys for one or two items that are on sale with my coupon and extra airmiles
    I hate No-Frills...every time I come home I tell my DH "I hate that place, remind me next time to not go" Their prices are cheap on a few items but you can always price match elsewhere.
    I LOVE Shoppers...their milk/eggs/butter/pizza and crackers are ALWAYS cheaper...and you get points that actually turn into more groceries

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I've always been a die hard Superstore shopper as well mainly due to the variety available and PC brand. I am a Co Op member and it's closer to me but I usually only shop there when I need to pick up a few things and to pick up member only specials (eg Cheeze Whiz was just on sale for 3.99 less 1.00 coupon). I never get groceries at Sobeys as I find that everything is more expensive pretty much across the board. No Frills is a bit out of my way but the few times I've been there it was to buy sale items exclusively, I doubt I will buy all my groceries there regularly. I'm going to have to look at Shoppers a bit more closely for a few items, gotta get me some more points!!!

Sorry to hear about your job and your trip

Trading Score
    62 (100%)

Where is No Frills in Charlottetown. I was not even aware we had one on the Island. lol

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Stratford....across the bridge

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Oh My Word!! Has anyone else tried the U Scans at Superstore??
    I'm all for trying new things. I had 5 reduced items and some of the Primo Soups and hamburger that are on sale this week. It took 20 minutes to get through the checkout. I kept locking up the machine I didn't know why... apparently the scanner and bagging area work in unison. I was trying to scan 2 soups in a row and then bag them. You cant do this. You need to scan then bag, before the next item. You also can't remove bags to your cart once they are full!! Apparently, there is some kind of weight scale in the bagging area?? Remove a bag to your cart and try to scan another item and the scanner freezes. Each time the scanner freezes it requires an attendant.

My learning curve was steep, hopefully, this will explain how it works for someone else.

That was my first and last time for Uscan, the frustration was just too much

CaToonie
    Trading Score
    51 (100%)

Hey simplybea...did you attempt to use a coupon at the U scan? or did you notice if they even accepted them?
    Where is my mail?

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I didn't attempt to use coupons at the Uscan. I believe there is an option on the display screen for them, but they will require the assistance of the attendant.

Frosh Canuck
    Trading Score
    7 (100%)

I have used coupons at the Uscan at RCSS and once you input $9.00 in coupons the light goes on and the CSM helps you, also if you have a pink sticker item the CSM needs to help you. If you only have a few items its good. I bring my own cloth bags and when I put it down it tells me to scan item --I guess my bag is too heavy.

Thread Information