User Tag List

CaOnNewbie
    Trading Score
    9 (100%)

I thought I would make this for all of us Peterborough-ians to maybe get to know each other, and inform each other of deals going down in our crazy town.

You can take part or not, it is completely up to you. If you have any stories from our local stores that you would like to share than feel free.

Introduce yourself to others, maybe get to know other Peterborough people you can trade with locally.

Whatever you feel, it's all up to you. So give it a shot, I really hope that making this may have helped any of you!!!
    This thread is currently associated with: N/A

CaOnNewbie
    Trading Score
    9 (100%)

I'll start. I am CJacobs, I'm 19, and getting ready to get out on my own. That is the reason I started couponing. My boyfriend and I will be very tight on money once we move in a couple weeks, and things have gone a little off track.

We are on limited income, and money is going to be very tight for the next few years. I am glad I started couponing when I did though, or the move would not be happening.

Thanks for taking the time to read this

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Great idea and good for you for getting started early! If I had started couponing when I was 19 I can't even imagine how far ahead I would be right now! I'm currently on maternity leave with my 2nd little one so watching every penny is as important as ever. I talk a bit about my couponing experiences including where I have been finding coupons in the area on my blog so feel free to stop by and share http://kawarthabeads.blogspot.com.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Hello!
    I like with my boyfriend and I have always gotten coupons but I've never used them as much as I do now. I'm 22 and I regularly go to No Frills downtown.
    I was there earlier today and I got some of the Dove Soap there for FREE with my coupons! Four bars! This is such a good feeling to get free things!

tightwad and proud of it! brunt's Avatar
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

x
    Last edited by brunt; Tue, Oct 25th, 2011 at 10:03 AM.

CaOnNewbie
    Trading Score
    9 (100%)

Hi everyone! Those are some great stories, thank you for sharing. I was sort of concerned that no one would see this!! This makes me happy! I made this post (even though I am moving) because I realize that, with Peterborough being my hometown, there is no one on this site that knows about deal in Peterborough more than the people from here.
    I really hope that we can all help each other out with this. So please, keep sharing!

Ruler of my own universe DeeBuck's Avatar
    Trading Score
    21 (100%)

Hi there I am 29 from Peterborough, just had a baby and my husband lost his regular job and is now working at a much lower paying job. I am unable to return to work earily because there is no work at my job and working somewhere for minimum wage and paying for child care would cost more that staying on Mat leave. So I have taken up couponing to try and make the most of what we have. I just wanted to introduce myself to everyone and I hope to find so great deal with you all.

CaOnNewbie
    Trading Score
    9 (100%)

Congrats on the new baby!!!

We all make due with what we have, and on this site, there are some pretty experienced people around to help you out. They have postings for deals in stores and everything else you could possibly want.

Just don't be afraid to ask for help on here. It is the best thing you can do, especially as a newbie (speaking from experience over here lol)

CaOnNewbie
    Trading Score
    9 (100%)

Also, a good way to get you started on here to get your trade rating up is to get some stamps. I have been trading people stamps for coupons, and they are always fair with it.

I got coupons from a lady from the Peterborough area. There was about 120$ -probably more- worth of coupons that she had traded me for 24 stamps. It was awesome!

Sometimes you can find really awesome people who include extra little things in there for you. Especially if they know what type of coupon you are looking for. People on here are very nice!

Ruler of my own universe DeeBuck's Avatar
    Trading Score
    21 (100%)

Thank you for your warm welcome and suggestion about trading. Although I do wonder how you decide how many stamps to offer or do they just tell you how many?

I have just started to collect coupons I would not need, but they seem to be ones everyone already has ten of, oh well practice makes perfect.

Trading Score
    445 (99%)

Hello everybody! Welcome newbies! Im from Peterborough!! lol. It seems every week more & more people from here are joining! My names Crystal and I have 2 boys ages 2 1/2 and almost 9 years and a hubby! (Cant forget him!) I have been couponing since I went on Maternity leave in 2008. Havent returned to work yet - and don't plan too until next September when my little guy starts JK. I am a stay at home mom & I care for a 3 year old little girl & two 8/9 year old girls over the summer and before & after school! I coupon because its fun! lol - and I LOVE to save money!

Fell free to ask for help if you needed - it takes a bit of exploring to get us to this site but once you figure it out the information & friendships are priceless.
    SWAGBUCKS!!! Earn gift cards for searching & doing surveys!
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/cmoody8107

Check out my Wishlist!
    http://forum.smartcanucks.ca/239234-cmoodys-wishlist-canada/

CaOnNewbie
    Trading Score
    9 (100%)

I just let them figure out how many stamps they would like for the coupons. People have been very fair. But once you get a bunch of coupons, you wont have to worry about the stamps

Quote Originally Posted by DeeBuck View Post
    Thank you for your warm welcome and suggestion about trading. Although I do wonder how you decide how many stamps to offer or do they just tell you how many?

I have just started to collect coupons I would not need, but they seem to be ones everyone already has ten of, oh well practice makes perfect.
    Also, welcome cmoody! I hope this thread helps you as well

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Hello Everyone, I'm from Peterborough I just started couponing in January. We had a hard time getting back on our feet when we moved back from calgary and had my now 10 month old son. So I started couponing to help save money my DH on the other hand still doesn't quite see how it's worth it yet lol I must not be doing it right

It's nice to meet people from Peterborough
    Click Here To start earning Swagbucks

Get Free stuff on this auction site :D HERE

Thread Information