User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree38Likes

Thread: what is the best tablet out there?

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by vesper View Post
    I have an iPad and Samsung. I much prefer my iPad.
    Vesper, this is interesting. What were the reasons for you to get two tablets?

I'm already a slave to iTunes and can't see it easy transitioning to Android. I was also reading the other day an article that the iPad has better protection against viruses than Android, but I'm not that technically inclined to figure out if it's true.
    oscarandme likes this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by blueeyetea View Post
    I was also reading the other day an article that the iPad has better protection against viruses than Android, but I'm not that technically inclined to figure out if it's true.
    There are a lot of Apple people that will always claim that Apple products are "better protected" when it comes to viruses.

There is some (limited) truth to that, but it comes at a cost:

Apple controls the manufacture of the hardware and the devices. They are the sole manufacturer of their devices. Apple also has a stranglehold on who can license and publish software for Apple devices. They control their own marketplace for the most part, so there is very little, if any, official open-source software on the market. This control allows Apple to not only be more strict on piracy, but also locks down most threats. -- again at the cost of a controlled marketplace.

Android (Google created) on the other hand thrives on the open-source market. Various manufacturers make Android devices. The open source market also allows for the manufacturers to custom-tailor their devices with their own software. As well other marketplace vendors, other than Google, are permitted to sell apps for Android devices (Amazon for example). This allows for greater competition among vendors and app publishers, which only benefits the consumer. It does, however, lend itself to an illegitimate marketplace and as a result, vulnerabilities for those who find themselves in that illegitimate realm.

However, As an avid Android user... I've NEVER found an app or program to be malicious in nature. Mainly because I only get my apps from trusted sources (Google Play and Amazon).

As with anything in life: when you give people more freedoms and lift restrictions, you potentially expose them to those vulnerabilities.

Putting a child in a bubble might ensure it's safer from the worlds harms... but at the cost of its freedom. That also doesn't mean that those you let out and about are going to fall victim to those same harms either.

So to say Apple is "safer" - that's a matter of perspective.
    Last edited by bhlombardy; Tue, Nov 5th, 2013 at 02:55 PM.

Trading Score
    58 (100%)

Oh my goodness, you are all way too smart for me. I still want one too especially for PM and Check-out 51 but was hoping to buy one with SDM points and Acer was their less expensive and now I read they are not very good. And I know this is probably a silly question to ask but can you print with a tablet or ipad ?
    Last edited by oscarandme; Wed, Nov 6th, 2013 at 04:58 AM.
    Tbites likes this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by oscarandme View Post
    And I know this is probably a silly question to ask but can you print with a tablet or ipad ?
    SOME printer manufacturers (Epson and HP come to mind) have an app you can install on your tablet to allow printing to SOME of their model printers.

These printers must have some sort of connectivity option... Bluetooth or wifi options on the printer are typically required. Some just need to have a networked printer (one that plugs directly into your wired network). Just so long as your tablet and printer are on the same network.
    oscarandme likes this.

Trading Score
    58 (100%)

Thank you so very much.

Quote Originally Posted by bhlombardy View Post
    SOME printer manufacturers (Epson and HP come to mind) have an app you can install on your tablet to allow printing to SOME of their model printers.

These printers must have some sort of connectivity option... Bluetooth or wifi options on the printer are typically required. Some just need to have a networked printer (one that plugs directly into your wired network). Just so long as your tablet and printer are on the same network.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

now actually Samsung grab the market but there is also a new brand called AENOL. they are also very good.

CaToonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

If you are considering the nexus 7 or the Samsung galaxy tab 3, then there are some great deals to be had.
    Take a peek here:
    http://forum.smartcanucks.ca/370005-...-419-a-canada/

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    21 (100%)

Ipad Air is 499.95 at the source right now reg 519 and from nov 7-10 you can get a $25 source gc right now with purchase over .$100...in addition use ebates for 2% cash back...not bad for the new ipad...

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I suggest you Samsung galaxy tab 3 its the most popular tab now a days because it is full of features like HD video recording,1.2 gigahertz dual core processor,i GB ram and many more.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I'll take a Nexus over a Samsung Galaxy any day.

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

bhlombardy' you explain very well..and your reply is really interesting.
    i was about to buy acer tablet from sdm but now after reading reviews i changed my mind.but i have one question is i pad good for browsing websites or watching videos on you tube or movies and also my son likes to play games so i pad is good for aal these or tablet.if tablet is good for what tablet i should go for.
    thanks in advance every one.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I just bought a Nexus 7 2013 few days ago.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by ma678 View Post
    I just bought a Nexus 7 2013 few days ago.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk
    Can you get Checkout 51 on it? It doesn't work on my 2012 Nexus as an app, I have to use the computer (Chrome).

Darned if i can stop playing Temple Run 2 though.
    Join the Ajax Coupon Group: https://www.facebook.com/#!/groups/119179048289492/

Use Instacart for free credit towards your order! Earn cash in a flexible part time job! Referral code KRISTAJ961A3 https://shoppers.instacart.com/?refe...upply_referral

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I have best experience with Samsung. I have Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 T211. It is a trusted company and all brands are reliable. You can buy any tab from it.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Always keep in mind "Need versus want" when choosing a tablet. Tableys range in price from the K-Car model to the Land Rover model.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information