User Tag List

mandolinatou
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

I am wondering if anyone has ever contested a property evaluation and if so what was the process like? We recently got our evaluation. Our condo itself has reasonably increased in value. I take major issue with the "value" of our parking space. It has nearly doubled in value in three years and where we live there is no value in parking spaces at all. We could never sell the darn thing and it was ridiculously priced to begin with. In the event you are unaware and buying a condo in the city, know that parking spaces have their own tax separate from your home and scholar taxes. Our taxes for a completely valueless parking space is 200 for the year. Its going to be higher now that it has augmented so much in value. I want to contest! If anyone has any advice or experience please share.
    This thread is currently associated with: N/A

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I haven't but I am thinking of it... I bought 3 years ago and checked some paperworks today; the evaluation for our condo has increased of 100k since 2009! It is totally insane!

mandolinatou
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

That does not sound right to me. I am very curious what side of town you are on and what percentage 100,000 is of your total valie. Ours went up about 35,000 since 2010...but we bought a new construction and I expected it would go up 20,000 once we had grass and flowers in so the 35,000 does not bother me. I had no idea they'd charge such high taxes on our parking separate to the condo. My neighbors think its a good sign as though we are wealther. I think they are trying to balance budget shortfalls on condo owners. Yet I am not sure challenging the evaluation would be worth the 85 dollars it will cost to challenge it.

Trading Score
    13 (100%)

Our sixplex was purchased in 2007. The city evaluation has gone up $250 000 almost the price we purchased it !!!! Good luck in contesting for a parking spot. You will just lose your money. It will cost you more than the parking spot itself !!!

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Yeah... I don't think I will contest it either... :/ I am just afraid to see the tax bill coming!

Trading Score
    87 (100%)

If you want to contest, follow the instruction on the city's website or on the back of your tax bill.
    More savings and tips? Go see this site.

Thread Information