User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree46Likes

Thread: My National Women's Show Toronto freebie haul!!!

Trading Score
    21 (100%)

I went to the National Women's Show on Saturday with family and friends. It was fun but honestly not as good as it used to be. I left quite disappointed and didn't bother getting a re-admission pass as it was not worth my while. After the show, my friends and I traded samples we didn't want or couldn't use so that's why you'll see I have some multiples. Got a bunch of coupons too but I don't have time to organise and put up a photo of them yet. We picked up free McDonald's coffee on the way home. Anyway, here's the sample haul! Yahoo!! (sorry the photo is somewhat grainy)

Name:  Fotor1103195729.jpg
Views: 1859
Size:  118.8 KB
    This thread is currently associated with: N/A
    Shop online often? Join ebates.ca to get cashback on your purchases! I have earned over $230 to date.

Always looking for Pampers Gift To Grow codes! If you don't use them, please RAOK them to me.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

holy crap that's awesome! i didn't think you could pick up that much from this show... i have to seriously consider going next year

Trading Score
    254 (100%)

That's a pretty nice haul!
    Shwa Girl, ticul and wolfwoman like this.

HUH? YOU DON'T DO SWAGBUCKS??? ARE YOU CRAZAY?!

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    10 (100%)

I went on Sunday and got all the same stuff give or take plus 3 different kinds of dog food sample bags, 2 tins of dog food. No vita tops, werthers or almond freebies by the time I got there on Sunday morning. Luckily they still had the swag bags sunday morning when I arrived but they ran out mid morning because I ran into quite a few people who wanted to see what it contained. All in all I had a great time!!
    Shwa Girl and ticul like this.
    I love couponing!!!

Trading Score
    21 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by GoJays View Post
    holy crap that's awesome! i didn't think you could pick up that much from this show... i have to seriously consider going next year
    They weren't very generous with the samples this year compared to past years. I used to have 4 or 5 bags full but this time I only left with one bag. It only looks like I got a lot because my friends gave me the stuff they wouldn't be using. I originally had half of what you see in the photo!!
    Shop online often? Join ebates.ca to get cashback on your purchases! I have earned over $230 to date.

Always looking for Pampers Gift To Grow codes! If you don't use them, please RAOK them to me.

Trading Score
    13 (100%)

I went on Saturday morning with my friend, and had a great time. lots of freebies. I got some PGX Daily supplement to give away if anyone cares to have it or if you know of anyone who use it
    salady, Shwa Girl, ticul and 1 others like this.
    Faith is taking the first step even when you don't see the whole staircase
    WishList: Any food ; bread, cereal, waffles, nuggets, burgers, crackers, juice & Chicken or meat.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    103 (100%)

Wow, it is so nice to have some free items some times. Good for you and hope next year will be better for you as you say you they ussually give more. Thank you for sharing...................
    ROMEO and TooCouponCrazy like this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Awesome haul!
    ROMEO likes this.

Super Duper Smart Canuck happy_me24's Avatar
    Trading Score
    67 (100%)

I went Friday and didn't get a lot of what you got - no pads, vita tops, jelly belly bellys, resolve, skinny cow, weethers, old Dutch... quite a bit of stuff!

I did get 2 razors, a loofah, and sunrype granola bars and 2 big bags of granola mix from the larabar display.

The coupons I got aren't good except for $1 off maple lodge farm chicken and $1 off sabra products.

You got a great haul! I thought it was worth going - I won the tickets so all we paid for was the go train (which has gotten so expensive! Wow!)
    ROMEO likes this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

Looks like this thread is from last year!

I went on Saturday but I don't think I will be going back next year. WAY too crowded.

I looked around for nearly an hour to find a reusable bag. Every other year people were throwing bags at you so that's why I didn't bring any this time (stupid me wanting to travel light). Then when I finally get to the line for a bag, it takes another 20ish minutes because there are so many people in line and you have to fill out a survey. Many lines were actually out the door and the volunteers had to do crowd control.

We watched a Barilla pasta cooking demo and as soon as the presentation was over, people literally stampeded so they could get a gift bag...I am not exaggerating. Chef says "thanks for coming" and people literally start running over each other. I was watching the demo on the outside of the velvet rope and someone ran into me from nowhere, and leaped over the velvet rope so they could get a bag. Not my idea of fun.

Also, try asking the volunteers about where basic things (like stages) are and they have no clue.

Anyway the coupons were good but I haven't had a chance to sort mine yet.
    The $2 Amore milk is back (I used some already)

Similar freebies to last year, Rubicon pop, Dorset Cereal, tons of granola or fruit bars. New addition this year was skinny cow ice cream bars. The popular Summerfresh was not there this year
    Last edited by torontogal12; Tue, Nov 11th, 2014 at 09:53 AM.
    ROMEO and Decaf like this.
    Apply every possible promo code to your cart, at every store that you visit (and get points for cash back on top of that?). It's sweet and easy with HONEY.

Always use Ebates and get cash back at over 600 online stores! Use this link to get $5, FREE

Trading Score
    10 (100%)

A lot of freebies for people who went.
    ROMEO likes this.

Trading Score
    117 (100%)

noticing a few 2013 threads being resurrected. glad those who went had fun
    Imy "Other Money". Join the fun:
    *Swagbucks!!- http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/Savvy5

Trading Score
    21 (100%)

Wow...someone bumped up my thread from last year! Now that I look at the photo of my haul, I think I got more samples last year than I did this year! This year was all right I suppose...I liked the Stayfree and Schick razors. I encountered a lot of rude, pushy vendors. I think this was also the first time there were no exit samples? I do honestly think this show is on a decline.

The behaviour of the ladies at the Barilla demonstration on Saturday was beyond disgusting. I was sat in the front row and could not believe the stampede that took place after Chef Lorenzo wrapped up his session. I had a chair kicked in front of me which left me with a bruise on my thigh and a cut on my hand. Several ladies made a beeline for the stage from the sides and grabbed 5 bags at a time....ugh. Animals. I complained to Barilla about why this was not organised better and was pretty much told "too bad." Really? Really?? Barilla better not return next year!
    Last edited by salady; Tue, Nov 11th, 2014 at 03:36 PM.
    Decaf and torontogal12 like this.

Trading Score
    21 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Workingmum View Post
    I went on Saturday morning with my friend, and had a great time. lots of freebies. I got some PGX Daily supplement to give away if anyone cares to have it or if you know of anyone who use it
    I went on Friday and Saturday. On Friday, they were giving out the Menopause formula which I have no use for as I still have about 30 years to go before I hit that stage lol. On Saturday, they started giving the Daily Supplements which I didn't get. Wah!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

I agree about the Barilla I had never seen people that way. It was awful
    Quote Originally Posted by salady View Post
    Wow...someone bumped up my thread from last year! Now that I look at the photo of my haul, I think I got more samples last year than I did this year! This year was all right I suppose...I liked the Stayfree and Schick razors. I encountered a lot of rude, pushy vendors. I think this was also the first time there were no exit samples? I do honestly think this show is on a decline.

The behaviour of the ladies at the Barilla demonstration on Saturday was beyond disgusting. I was sat in the front row and could not believe the stampede that took place after Chef Lorenzo wrapped up his session. I had a chair kicked in front of me which left me with a bruise on my thigh and a cut on my hand. Several ladies made a beeline for the stage from the sides and grabbed 5 bags at a time....ugh. Animals. I complained to Barilla about why this was not organised better and was pretty much told "too bad." Really? Really?? Barilla better not return next year!
    Apply every possible promo code to your cart, at every store that you visit (and get points for cash back on top of that?). It's sweet and easy with HONEY.

Always use Ebates and get cash back at over 600 online stores! Use this link to get $5, FREE

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information