User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree38Likes

Thread: Christmas Gifts... what are you wishing for and what have you bought

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

In my opinion Christmas is not all about the material items. However, I imagine most of us like something, whether little or big, simple, bought or homemade.

What type of items have you bought for others so far and what Christmas gift(s) are you wishing for .

So far I have bought Lavender body wash for a family member, box of liquer chocolates and 3 boxes of Russell Stover chocolates (decently priced at Walmart ) to distribute to neighbours and a few family members. Most of my purchases will be gift cards (that is what they requested) and a mix of homemade treats and store bought chocolates, candy etc.

As for myself.. . I would like a gift card for hair salon or a mall gift card. Chocolate would be nice too.
    This thread is currently associated with: Walmart
    Last edited by toban; Wed, Nov 13th, 2013 at 05:21 PM.
    TrueNorthTreasures likes this.

Trading Score
    189 (100%)

$$$ for me.

$$$ for others lol
    acosta likes this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    5 (100%)

So far, I have bought a gift certificate for my parents to one of their favourite restaurants, beeswax candles and nice soaps as little hostess and "thank-you" gifts, chocolates, a sweater, and for Mom, I "adopted" a variety of heirloom seeds into the Seeds of Diversity seed bank. When you do, the donor's name (or the gift recipient's name) is permanently listed by the seed variety you choose. Something different that I think she'll like! I'm also going to "adopt" a donkey for Dad to support the Donkey Sanctuary of Canada.

What I want is what I'm getting this year - to spend Christmas in Nova Scotia with my family. It has been 15 years!
    Mia001, Natalka and snuffaluffagus like this.
    Unique items and great deals to be found on the Halifax Cat Rescue Society auction page.
    Love snail mail? Try
    Postcrossing!

Trading Score
    9 (100%)

I havent bought a single thing yet... but I did ask dh to buy me that Prada perfume I want so badly (want it but cant bring myself to spend over $100 for a bottle of it).

The kids havent told me what they'd want, and I never sat down yet to figure out what to buy family and friends, so I'm gonna sit tight and wait until something like a good sale or snowy christmassy weather and decor inspires me to start my shopping.
    Mia001 likes this.
    The average dog
    is nicer
    than the average person.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

The stuff I've bought so far are for hubby: a pair of jeans, two sweaters, underwear, earphones, Fringe 4 DVDs.
    For best friend: two Christmas ornaments, two boxes of her favourite tea.
    For sister in law: a pair of handknit socks and a Christmas ornament.

For myself, the only thing of my wish list is an iPad mini.

Trading Score
    27 (100%)

I haven't picked up anything yet, but I don't need to pick up many gifts. I purchased a nice adjustable dumbbell set for DH for our anniversary this summer, but it was pricey enough that it covers his birthday and Christmas gift as well. I'll pick up a few stocking stuffers for him, my brother and brothers girlfriend. As for my mom, the gifts I've purchased for her over the last several years can still be found in her bathroom cupboard (lotions, bath bombs, etc.) so I'm a little stumped at what to get her this year. Then all that is left is our nieces and nephews, we are all heading on a hot vacation in March, so i'm thinking a little spending money for the trip might be a nice idea for them.

On my wishlist this year is a mitre saw

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

Picked up:

For the Nieces - Target clearance deals on crafts.
    Make your own headbands; make your own rings; make your own bracelets etc.
    All over $10+ but got under $5 (some were even under $3)
    Glue Glitter on clearance from GT for $1 a bottle
    2 HUGE @ss bottle of glitter for $2.99 from Value Village (will last a life-time).

For the Brother in Law - Target Clearance Deals on car maintenance
    He is obsessed with cleaning and maintaining his car. Target had all kinds of cleaning products and materials to clean with on clearance for under $2. I bought a pack of cloths $2, cleaning brush under $1 and others.

For me.... $$ please. Buying a new house in the new year and need all the help I can get
    Or a g/c to get my hair did :D
    WHATT, You aren't doing Swagbucks? http://swagbucks.com/refer/acosta22

TRADE:
    http://forum.smartcanucks.ca/members/acosta/
    FT TONS OF NEW COUPONS JUST UPDATED

Trading Score
    124 (100%)

I've been dropping hints to DH and DS that I really need splash guards for my bike so that I can continue to use it when the weather is not so nice....either that or they can buy me a new car, lol.

I haven't bought anything yet. I'm terrible coming up with gift ideas .
    ~RRLF $0.75 Organic Meadow, $1 Almond Fresh~

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Not bought anything yet besides dvd's for the kids stockings.
    I am buying them a laptop to share. They are always asking to use mine, they need it for school and the computer in the basement they use is near death. That is all they will get besides stocking stuff.

I like jewellery, perfume, money for shopping and spa certificates so I can get my hair done. Hopefully something along those lines, maybe a charm for my bracelet I got for my birthday, but I doubt it.
    Love like crazy everyday and smile.

Trading Score
    234 (100%)

the hardest person to shop for is DH

DD (2) and DS (6) are the easiest - they want one of everything in the Toys R Us catalog, Target catalog and Walmart toys catalog.

Me? I have wayy too much perfume I honestly have no idea what i want/need - I prefer saving money and using it on the kids instead - but I love spoiling DH for christmas cuz it's the one time in the whole year we buy gifts for one another that costs more than $20, lol. Mother's Day/Father's day - card, flowers. Birthdays are just cake and dinner... so when it comes to Christmas, we splurge........ the only hard part, is figuring out what to get.
    Mia001 likes this.

One Awesome Domestic Diva MrsSunshine's Avatar
    Trading Score
    88 (100%)

well I've already received my gift from DH.. "Pearl" is sitting on the counter in my kitchen.. still waiting to be used.
    as for myself..
    there's only one thing I want.. if you know me well enough on here.. you know what it is..
    anything else.. is just stuff.
    as for those I shop for.. well its just dh and my kids. nothing extravagant this year. mostly needs. a few wants.

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

I love giving things that will make people happy and make their eyes light up. I love being thoughtful and knowing what you'd love or what you need and getting it for you, and love even more when I can get it at a great price.

So far my purchases and planned purchases are:

BF:
    Body care products (3 bottles of Nivea lotion, 2 Nivea bodywash, chapstick, a Neutrogena Men gift pack of face stuff I bought at the end of last Christmas)
    Wireless Mouse (trackpad on his laptop SUCKS)
    Candle that smells manly (to get rid of the dorito and pizza stink his room permanently has acquired)
    3.3 cu ft mini fridge (he has expressed how much he wants one)

BF's sister:
    Gift basket including:
    Shampoo, conditioner
    Chapstick
    3 double-ended Almay eyeliners and 2 Almay eyeshadow palettes (that include primer!)
    Neutrogena face wash
    2 Clean and Clear bodywashes
    Garnier face cream
    Bath and Body Works lotion
    Rocco's Healing Balm (works on top of tattoos and other body mods, as well as all-purpose for any other ouchies)

BF's parents and grandmother:
    Swiffer Wetjets, one for each household. They both have laminate and wood throughout their homes so it's useful all over the house for both.

My sister:
    Revlon nail sticker thingies
    3 Almay eyeliners and 2 shadows.

Need one more 'big' thing for her. Might get a Philips Ladyshave.

Mom and Dad:
    Hamilton Beach coffee maker. Has a single serve side and a pot, they have previously used two separate makers with both functions but it'll be nice to get rid of the extra machine and have one that actually works all the time and isn't temperamental.

Mom:
    Mini of her favorite perfume
    4 Almay concealer sticks that also have treatment gel on the other end.
    Will probably get her a gift card for the plant store or something also.

Dad:
    Buying him a Philips shaver with the $20 coupon. Still deciding which one to get.
    Will probably also get him either some slippers or some holiday nuts.

Can't wait! All together my end total will probably be under $200 (most of what I bought was dirt cheap and on clearance) which is fantastic.

My wishlist is just little things. I know I'm a real adult now because I've asked for underwear for Christmas.

Trading Score
    30 (100%)

Seeing as Yule is cancelled in our household this year, I am not getting anyone anything.EXCEPT, I will be getting a GC for DH from his favorite tattoo store.
    As for me, I have my eye on a black diamond snake bangle.
    Natalka and hollyquaiscer like this.
    Just call me Wolfie

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

I'm still trying to finish my nephews super Mario blanket..lol. My dad is helping me construct my own wooden bead loom so I can make my grandmother a coronation street keychain. Then I'll be making my sisterinlaw a hello kitty keychain. My brother is going to get a cross stitch of link from the legend of Zelda a link to the past holding up one of the cocou chickens...just a joke between us about that, lol. We have tonnes of Crayola gifts for my niece and nephews, monster high makeup, and dolls and iron man things.. the kids are done but my parents are going down to buffalo for black Friday and are going to get them some clothes. I told my parents I'd like some dmc embroidery floss, wildfire beading thread or other little crafting products from the hobby lobby. I'm easy to shop for these days..pretty much everything I get gets turned around into a gift for someone else down the road, lol.
    Natalka and hollyquaiscer like this.

Trading Score
    99 (100%)

Not wishing for a thing because we don't have the money to buy anything this year. It sucks but whatcha gonna do. I am looking forward to Christmas Day though as there will be about a dozen of us together for dinner. My brother is coming home from Alberta and a friend is coming up from Connecticut so it will be a good time.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information