User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree15Likes

Thread: 101 Uses for Coconut Oil

Each Day is a Blessing... Snow In Summer's Avatar
    Trading Score
    9 (100%)

I bought a jar of "Grace Virgin Coconut Oil" tonight for $6.99 in the Asian food section at Loblaws which is 100% Virgin Coconut oil.
    If all goes well I might be selling off my entire health and beauty stockpile!!! lol Why??? Watch this & stay tuned for the results ...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TD2wldJRTNU
    This thread is currently associated with: Loblaws, Virgin Mobile
    blueeyetea and Candini like this.

Trading Score
    9 (100%)

Ok ... I am SO hooked!!! I did a hair mask last night and my hair looks unbelievably amazing today and feels great! I placed a bowl with a very small amount of coconut oil in the microwave for 15 seconds to bring it to a liquid form. Then I dipped the ends of my hair into the coconut oil, massaging it through from the ears down to the ends, then just dipped my fingers into it and massaged my scalp a little bit. Don't pour it over your scalp as it can become quite greasy and hard to wash out afterwards if you do. I placed a plastic bag over my head and let it sit for an hour while watching TV. I washed my hair only 2 times and it wasn’t limp like Castor Oil or Shea Butter and then did a quick blow dry. OMG the split ends are all gone, feels amazingly soft and SO incredibly shiny!!! The best part I had absolutely no allergic reaction to it as I have very sensitive skin and I'm allergic to almost everything including regular shampoo and conditioners. Plus I’ve been on a high all day as it triggered me into thinking I was on the beach somewhere in the Caribbean and my cuticles got a nice moisturizing treatment without knowing it too!!! lol
    Tweets77 and Candini like this.

Trading Score
    189 (100%)

She mentions body scrub - somebody made me some before in a mason jar as a gift and it leaves your skin so greasy. I ended up just using my regular body wash and then some to remove the oil off my body. I ended up throwing it in the garbage lol :\
    Snow In Summer likes this.

Trading Score
    9 (100%)

I don't think I would use as a body scrub. I have used 100% pure virgin coconut oil on my face and hands in very small concentrated amounts overnight and the results were pretty good and not too greasy. You don't need a lot because it goes a long way and if there is any excess I just blotted it off. I wouldn't use it as a day cream just a night cream.
    Candini likes this.

Trading Score
    189 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Snow In Summer View Post
    I don't think I would use as a body scrub. I have used 100% pure virgin coconut oil on my face and hands in very small concentrated amounts overnight and the results were pretty good and not too greasy. You don't need a lot because it goes a long way and if there is any excess I just blotted it off. I wouldn't use it as a day cream just a night cream.
    For sure. I would never moisturize with this for the day time. Unless you use VERY little so you don`t look greasy lol

I use it as a make up remover. When it gets in your eyes its so gross though takes forever to get out haha

Trading Score
    9 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Candini View Post
    For sure. I would never moisturize with this for the day time. Unless you use VERY little so you don`t look greasy lol

I use it as a make up remover. When it gets in your eyes its so gross though takes forever to get out haha
    lol I never tried using it as a makeup remover but I can see how it would work well. I must try that, maybe tonight! It sure does make the eye area look smooth using it as a night cream though.

Trading Score
    18 (100%)

I use coconut oil as a moisturizer after every shower. Love it!
    My mom has been using it as a face cream for years and her skin is amazing!
    Snow In Summer and Candini like this.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Thank you SO much for the info! Going to look into this even more now!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    4 (100%)

I mix it with brown sugar and use it as a lip/facial scrub 2-3 times a week. A drop of this on my fingers does my whole face.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

I love using it! I do a rinse with it, moisturizer my skin, I even put it on my cat's dry skin.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Coconut oil is a very holistic oil so having one at home is a must. Its benefits are simply marvelous inside and outside the body. Lucky are the tropical countries that has plenty of coconut trees on their lands. No wonder why it's one of the most in-demand nature's oil in the world.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    25 (100%)

oil pulling with it is amazing, it whitened my teeth in a couple days.

Banned
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by Snow In Summer View Post
    Ok ... I am SO hooked!!! I did a hair mask last night and my hair looks unbelievably amazing today and feels great! I placed a bowl with a very small amount of coconut oil in the microwave for 15 seconds to bring it to a liquid form. Then I dipped the ends of my hair into the coconut oil, massaging it through from the ears down to the ends, then just dipped my fingers into it and massaged my scalp a little bit. Don't pour it over your scalp as it can become quite greasy and hard to wash out afterwards if you do. I placed a plastic bag over my head and let it sit for an hour while watching TV. I washed my hair only 2 times and it wasn’t limp like Castor Oil or Shea Butter and then did a quick blow dry. OMG the split ends are all gone, feels amazingly soft and SO incredibly shiny!!! The best part I had absolutely no allergic reaction to it as I have very sensitive skin and I'm allergic to almost everything including regular shampoo and conditioners. Plus I’ve been on a high all day as it triggered me into thinking I was on the beach somewhere in the Caribbean and my cuticles got a nice moisturizing treatment without knowing it too!!! lol

Your effect is so good?

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I massage my scalp all the way down to the ends of my hair with organic virgin coconut oil. Then I tie my hair up in a bun and sleep with it overnight (put a towel over your pillow because the oil will transfer!). In the morning, I shampoo twice to wash out all the oil, and recondition just the ends of my hair. Then I will blow dry my hair upside down. You will not believe the shine AND volume I get from this treatment!

Can someone please explain what oil pulling is? I've seen so many people mention it!

Trading Score
    41 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Olivia_m View Post
    I massage my scalp all the way down to the ends of my hair with organic virgin coconut oil. Then I tie my hair up in a bun and sleep with it overnight (put a towel over your pillow because the oil will transfer!). In the morning, I shampoo twice to wash out all the oil, and recondition just the ends of my hair. Then I will blow dry my hair upside down. You will not believe the shine AND volume I get from this treatment!

Can someone please explain what oil pulling is? I've seen so many people mention it!
    Here is a random article on some of the properties of oil pulling ... http://fashionista.com/2014/03/oil-pulling ... with someone's experiences as well. It takes some adjustment to get use to it, but I do it as well.

Basically you swish coconut oil in your mouth for a period of time to see/feel a variety of health benefits.
    Linda Evans likes this.
    ... I'm earning $5-25 Amazon.ca gift cards EVERY month, are you?

P.S. ... starting to hunt for ShoppingChannel GC's with no minimum purchase ...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information