User Tag List

Page 1 of 18 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast
Like Tree459Likes

Thread: Christmas Secret Santa Gift Exchange Train

Trading Score
    109 (100%)

Expired on: Thu, Jan 23rd, 2014
    OFFICIAL RULES FOR THE 2013 CHRISTMAS GIFT EXCHANGE

- To participate you must be a contributing, active member of our board with at least 300 posts and a trade rating of at least 25.

- We only have until NOVEMBER 28th to get this train up and out of the station, so please sign up as quickly as possible. I will draw out all the names and see who you are purchasing for and send you the required information immediately after our boarding time has ended.

-The Post Office is exceptionally busy this time of year, so we want to make sure your SECRET SC'er receives their gift by December 24th. You MUST send yourparcel out by CANADA POST or VENTURE 1, and get it insured with a TRACKING number.This will cost between $8 and $25.- Keep in mind there is a higher cost the bigger or heavier your package is. Even before this date would be awesome! Venture 1 allows you to send parcels expedited for the same cost as regular mail and is quicker too and comes with $100 free insurance, you can sign up on Canada Post's website using your username

- You must have your gift sent out by December 10th (earlier if you do not use Venture 1 - it must arrive by Dec 24th so check the postal codes on CP's rate finder to get an expected mail time) AND be available to pick up your gift when it arrives at the post office. So, if you are planning to go away over Christmas, it may not be a good idea to sign up for this train.

- Gift cards are cheaply mailed, true, but they are just not as fun to open. For this reason, this year we have decided that gift cards may be sent as an addition to your gift, but your gift MUST be a selection from your secret Santa's Likes List, please do not choose something so personal as lipstick, perfume or books unless it is specified in the Likes List. This is a fun exchange, so please do your best to make it fun for your SECRET SCer!

-The gift limit is aminimum of $10, but feel free to spend more if you like. You must include at least 4 wishes from your buddies list.

Rider Requirements and Rules:

• Rider List will be checked before seat is confirmed. Seat is confirmed when your name is added to the confirmed rider list.
    • No negative ratings. Exceptions can be made given the reason/length of time of the negative rating provided that the negative rating was not from a package train - please PM FallenPixels when requesting a seat if you have a negative.
    • You may only ride 1 package train at a time.
    • You must provide a tracking number and insure the package for the value of its contents. Canada Post’s Venture One Program is great for saving on insurance and tracking. (http://www.canadapost.ca/cpo/mc/busi...ventureone.jsf- This information must be PMed on or by mail date.
    • You will not be able to ride the next package train:

• If you don't mail on time you will not be able to ride the next package train,
      • If you are not active in the thread or do not thank your buddy you will not be able to ride the next package train, or
      • If you do not post when or what you have received from your buddy.

• You MUST post a total of 5 times during the duration of the train:

• A minimum of 3 times BEFORE mail date
      • One of the posts must be thanking your buddy for your gift and listing what you receive

• SC owner/admins/mods/poster of this thread are in no way responsible for lost /stolen/misplaced gifts
    • If sending liquids (soaps, lotions, glue, etc.) you must send these items in a sealed Ziploc bag so that if they leak, the entire package won’t be ruined.
    • $2 items from the Dollar Store (that are on a wishlist) are considered full-sized items for the package. $1 items from the Dollar Store & Samples/Trial/Travel size items are considered EXTRAS!
    • As a conductor I am not responsible for lost packages – That is why the tracking is MANDATORY! This way we will all be able to see that the package has been sent and with insurance we are covered if it should get lost.
    • If you don't send a gift or don't follow the rules you will receive 2 negative ratings; 1 from your buddy and 1 from the conductor! Neutral ratings will be left for those who do not follow the rest of the rules (even if you do send a package).
    • You will not be able to participate in future package trains if you don't send a gift regardless of length of time.
    • If you do not communicate with the conductor or moderators regarding why the gift was not received, you may also receive a trading ban at the Trade Moderator’s discretion.

If you want to join, please send a PM to HollyQuaiscer with the following information and a subject line of Secret Santa

SC Name:
    Address:
    Allergies/sensitivities/dislikes/”Not allowed in my house”:
    Likes/Hobbies/Interests:
    Pets/Kinds/Ages:
    Kids/Ages:
    Wishes/Things I like: (list 20+)

and reply to this thread with the following:
    ​"I have read and understand all the “Package Train Rules/Guidelines." I understand if I do not follow the guidelines my name will be added to the consequence list in the sticky."

This thread is currently associated with: Canada Post
    Last edited by hollyquaiscer; Sun, Nov 24th, 2013 at 01:33 PM.
    c_mcarthur and coyote00 like this.
    We all need a little sunshine every now and then

Trading Score
    109 (100%)

Train Passengers

BOARDING IS NO CLOSED AND THE TRAIN IS LEAVING THE STATION

NatandAva
    c_mcarthur
    solosaver
    Granger
    Briwantstosave
    francine1985
    DiamondLil
    Mamaelmo
    r.ringer
    cmontario
    keykey
    NormaMakayRemple
    kerricakes
    momto2ks
    shawlightening
    chesterjes
    Last edited by hollyquaiscer; Fri, Nov 29th, 2013 at 06:38 PM.
    c_mcarthur likes this.

Trading Score
    109 (100%)

Future surprises and exciting gift posts
    c_mcarthur likes this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    213 (100%)

I would love to join! This sounds like a ton of fun. As per the rules "I have read and understand all the “Package Train Rules/Guidelines." I understand if I do not follow the guidelines my name will be added to the consequence list in the sticky."

Rocky! Rocky! Rah Rah Rah c_mcarthur's Avatar
    Trading Score
    102 (100%)

"I have read and understand all the “Package Train Rules/Guidelines." I understand if I do not follow the guidelines my name will be added to the consequence list in the sticky."
    hollyquaiscer likes this.

Trading Score
    246 (100%)

I would like to join"I have read and understand all the “Package Train Rules/Guidelines." I understand if I do not follow the guidelines my name will be added to the consequence list in the sticky."

Trading Score
    109 (100%)

Thanks everyone who has joined so far, and for those of you thinking about it, please grab your seat before November 28th!!!!

Trading Score
    42 (100%)

​"I have read and understand all the “Package Train Rules/Guidelines." I understand if I do not follow the guidelines my name will be added to the consequence list in the sticky."

Would love to join. I am not riding any other exchanges or trains at the moment.

Thanks Holly.
    "There are more important things--friendship and bravery...."
    -Hermione Granger

Trading Score
    386 (100%)

I would love to join!
    I am currently riding the advent package train, my package has been received by my buddy though.

Will wait to see if I am approved for this before sending over a WL

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Trading Score
    9 (100%)

I wish I could join, but I dont have a high enough trade rating to join. I hope you have a blast on this years Christmas Exchange!!!
    The average dog
    is nicer
    than the average person.

Frosh Canuck
    Trading Score
    5 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by DiamondLil View Post
    I wish I could join, but I dont have a high enough trade rating to join. I hope you have a blast on this years Christmas Exchange!!!
    Me too

Trading Score
    174 (100%)

"I have read and understand all the “Package Train Rules/Guidelines." I understand if I do not follow the guidelines my name will be added to the consequence list in the sticky."

Rocky! Rocky! Rah Rah Rah c_mcarthur's Avatar
    Trading Score
    102 (100%)

not much interest this year eh?

Trading Score
    173 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by c_mcarthur View Post
    not much interest this year eh?
    A lot of regular riders are waiting for their packages to arrive
    Make an easy $20+ per month with Swagbucks - watch videos, search, play games & get paid!
    ~ ~ ~
    Save while shopping online with cashback from ebates
    Get cash rebates when you buy from amazon.ca, Old Navy and more - get paid by cheque or paypal!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    12 (100%)

I want to join. It was such fun last year, but I can't I'm broke right now. Oh well, there's always another time.
    Have fun everyone, and I'm still going to stalk this thread to see all the fun stuff.
    It is not how much we have, but how much we enjoy, that makes happiness.

Page 1 of 18 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread Information