User Tag List

Trading Score
    6 (100%)

iPhone 3G Price Plans at Rogers Wireless
    —————————————-

Pricing includes unlimited Wi-Fi access at all Rogers and Fido Hotspots. Rogers Wireless will also offer two voice value packs for popular wireless features: a $15 monthly value pack including Caller ID, Who Called, Caller Ring Trax, 2,500 Sent Text Messages and 2,500 Call Forwarding Minutes; and a $20 monthly value pack including Caller ID, Who Called, Caller Ring Trax, 10,000 Sent Text Messages and 6:00 p.m. Early Evening Calling and 2,500 Call Forwarding Minutes.

Additional information on launch day activities will be coming soon.
    (x) Based on 3G and EDGE testing. Actual speeds may vary due to a variety of factors.

[Source: Yahoo Canada]
    This thread is currently associated with: Apple, Fido, Rogers (Plus)

Admin
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

Thanks Boo, Too pricey for me though lol!

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

That's quite a package for the iPhone. No word yet on how much the actual phone will cost... they might be offering such a rich deal on the plans to quench any objections to the iPhone's introductory price.

Linux Registered User #426194

Larkspur69
    WHAT A CROCK!! Obviously they were planning on swimming in the cash they thought they'd rake if from gouging overzealous gadget addicts. Rogers announced today (april 9/08) that the $60 Iphone plan is being slashed to $30 if, and only if you sign their 3 year contract by August 31st/08

Now....what I want to know is WHERE IS MY BLACKBERRY $30 plan?????!!!!!!! Fat s!

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

No doubt the iphone looks cool, but I'd say those plans are too rich for my blood...
    "My ROFLCopter goes soi soi soi!"

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Apple has restricted the quantity of iPhones shipped to Rogers stores in response to Rogers' refusal to make their plan rates more in line with those enjoyed by U.S. customers.

This was on one of the tech blogs a couple of days ago.

So Apple is not impressed either.

CaToonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Very interesting link. Looks like Apple is trying to sweeten things a bit in general for its clients...

Strategically, Apple couldn't offer to repatriate its upset Canadian customers exclusively with a special deal and not cause grumbling and envy in the U.S. and European customer pool, so they throw up a site full of free apps for iPhone owners.

Nothing like throwing a fistful of candy into the air to distract the kids from squabbling.

Truthfully, I wonder why Apple is continuing to allow Rogers to host the service given the PR fiasco they have caused.

Admin
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

I dont have any interest in the apple i phone, but its pretty crappy how everythings a big money grab.

CaToonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Here is a better phone

http://www.allaboutsymbian.com/revie...0_Classic1.php

5mp camera, you can't go wrong and it's a lot smaller. I have always been a Nokia fan, biggest thing to come out of Finland

Admin
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

Hundreds of Canadians dissapointed by low stocks

http://technology.sympatico.msn.cbc....nenabled=false

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by Larkspur69 View Post
    WHAT A CROCK!! Obviously they were planning on swimming in the cash they thought they'd rake if from gouging overzealous gadget addicts. Rogers announced today (april 9/08) that the $60 Iphone plan is being slashed to $30 if, and only if you sign their 3 year contract by August 31st/08

Now....what I want to know is WHERE IS MY BLACKBERRY $30 plan?????!!!!!!! Fat s!
    Actually they didn't reduce the price of any of the iPhone plans. The cheapest voice + data plan is still $60. What they did was offer 6gb of data (just data.. nothing else.. no voice/extras/etc) for $30. So what you can do is get the 6gb of data and keep your current voice plan (if you're a current Rogers customer) or pick whichever voice plan you want.

For instance I already have 750 weekday minutes with free evenings & weekends for $50 (awesome deal I got through retentions) so obviously I wanted to keep that. I got the 6gb of data for $30 so for me it will be $80 + $15 value pack (visual voice mail, 2,500 sent texts, and call display) My old value pack was $20 which included some data and stuff but I didn't need that anymore so I switched to the $15 value pack.

My old much less advanced phone (Sony Ericsson w810i) cost me $70/month + fees and taxes and this will only be another $25 which doesn't bother me at all. Almost everything that I do on my computer I can do on my iPhone which is worth it to me cause now I don't have to lug around my laptop.

Plans: http://www.rogers.com/web/content/wi..._data_packages
    Limited time offer: http://www.rogers.com/web/content/wi...iphone_adpacks

As you can see several other smartphones can get the $30 6gb data also.

Here's a screenshot from Safari on my iPhone

Last edited by haxxai; Sun, Jul 13th, 2008 at 02:26 PM.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

iPhone 3gs deals are the best way to opt this great entertaining device at cheap and affordable price. There are several network providers such as Vodafone, O2, Orange, T mobile and virgin are offering contract, pay g and Sim free deals. Among all the deals iPhone 3gs contract deals are best way to grab this gadget at reasonable price.

Thread Information