User Tag List

Like Tree5Likes
  • 1 Post By SunandMoon
  • 2 Post By zentro
  • 1 Post By Mia

Thread: Is PRIMUS a good company?

Trading Score
    39 (100%)

I'm wondering if anyone has dealt with Primus re: internet and home phone. Would like to switch to them but not sure about their customer service.
    Thanks.
    This thread is currently associated with: N/A

Trading Score
    141 (100%)

Brother inlaws with primus and likes them... i didn't go with them as the dl speed they offer was lower then what i wanted. i am with distributel, had some bumps at the beging with connection but can't complain now. Its unlimited dl/up, good speeds and cheap.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I've had Primus DSL for years and I love them. It is a bit pricey $50 per month but it's unlimited download/streaming so you don't have to worry about monthly caps.

You also get about 3 Airmiles a month. If you collect them. (1 Airmile per every $15 you spend)

I'm thinking about switching from Bell telephone to Primus home phone service but I need to look more into it, RE: Bundles. Bell is a complete rip off. They are now charging me a $1 per month long distance fee when i'm not even using the service and they keep sending me mail for fibe tv.

Trading Score
    39 (100%)

for the input.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Primus! I signed up with them back in 1998 for long distance, simply to get the AirMiles. I don't think I truly ever used the service though. I haven't been a customer of their's in over 10 years though.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    14 (100%)

I dont have Primus internet but VOIP for home phone. Didnt have any issues so far! Its gone a bit pricy these days so might switch to OOMA soon! but no other issues. If you can use their online tools for callblock and time of day call forward, thats awesome.

Trading Score
    228 (100%)

NO!!! They took out double the amount they were supposed to for a year until I was no longer under contract and could switch. Do not go anywhere near them. They advertise good prices but they're all lies.
    Join me, and other women like YOU! BELIEVE & TRANSFORM is a community of positive, uplifting women who support and encourage each other with ZERO judgement!

We are women supporting women; moms helping moms. We are YOU. Join us today

Trading Score
    39 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Bronwen View Post
    NO!!! They took out double the amount they were supposed to for a year until I was no longer under contract and could switch. Do not go anywhere near them. They advertise good prices but they're all lies.
    Good to know. I'll watch out. Thanks.
    Bronwen likes this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I had Primus like a decade ago for internet, they had very bad tech support from what I remember.
    Last edited by zentro; Sun, Oct 18th, 2015 at 03:20 AM.
    Mia and Durham Couponer like this.

Mia
    Female
    Trading Score
    70 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by zentro View Post
    I had Primus like a decade ago for internet, they had very bad tech support from what I remember.
    Absolutely right! Their technical support is the worst one!

We had Primus for about a year. At first they gave us unlimited internet, then - with limits. And if something went wrong, we waited forever for their tech support to come. They say "today" but never come, and so on, so on... And their internet not the best one, always problems, often no internet at all, etc...

So if you want to choose an internet provider not only look into prices but also pay attention to what people say about their tech support. IMO, that is more important than prices.

And yes, Bell and Rogers are pricey, and they have many negative sides. But their tech support is always on the high end, the best one! In fact, as I know, both of them are the main internet service providers, all other ones just use either Bell or Rogers tech support (at least, in Ontario).

As for a phone line, we use MagicJack and are totally satisfied. Unlimited Canada and USA calling, caller ID, answering machine...

For short, we chose one of the "sharks" of internet providers with an excellent tech support but stayed with MagicJack. Great savings, I have to tell you.

P.S. If you don't want to waste your nerves by dealing with a poor tech support, stay away from Primus.
    Last edited by Mia; Thu, Jan 30th, 2014 at 11:41 PM.
    Durham Couponer likes this.
    Relax, enjoy your coffee (tea) and earn money! Any time, when you want! http://www.clixsense.com/?5881505
    And earn Amazon and other gift cards as well, fast and easy! Anyone can!
    https://www.swagbucks.com/refer/zerehas

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Yeah,it is really good company,without a shadow of a doubt

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Tried for over a month to reach them to cancel my internet when moving, would leave the speakerphone on for 59 minutes then would be disconnected from holding. Got thru on last day before moving with two of us using cell and home phone for 45 minutes on hold. They told me I had to give 30 days notice, I said I'd been trying to talk to a CSR for a month. They told me I would be charged for another month, and I asked for the supervisor. They told me all the supervisors left five minutes ago. I said that that wasn't my problem and I wasn't paying another month. I moved and wasn't charged for the next month. The email never worked for me, either. But they must be doing something right to stay in business.
    Join the Ajax Coupon Group: https://www.facebook.com/#!/groups/119179048289492/

Use Instacart for free credit towards your order! Earn cash in a flexible part time job! Referral code KRISTAJ961A3 https://shoppers.instacart.com/?refe...upply_referral

Trading Score
    39 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Durham Couponer View Post
    Tried for over a month to reach them to cancel my internet when moving, would leave the speakerphone on for 59 minutes then would be disconnected from holding. Got thru on last day before moving with two of us using cell and home phone for 45 minutes on hold. They told me I had to give 30 days notice, I said I'd been trying to talk to a CSR for a month. They told me I would be charged for another month, and I asked for the supervisor. They told me all the supervisors left five minutes ago. I said that that wasn't my problem and I wasn't paying another month. I moved and wasn't charged for the next month. The email never worked for me, either. But they must be doing something right to stay in business.
    Sorry to hear about your ordeal! their CSR really sucks! I wonder why they're still in business???

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I was a power user of primus but now there customer support and sales are dropping so i just quite.

Thread Information