User Tag List

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By bhlombardy

Thread: Pre-Christmas Sale OR Boxing day Sale

Trading Score
    39 (100%)

I'm looking to get an inkjet printer this christmas and am wondering if I should wait until Boxing day.
    Pls. help.
    This thread is currently associated with: N/A

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

They've been at pretty decent sale prices throughout this past year, actually.

You should be able to pick up an all-in-one for around $30

We have an HP similar to this, and I love it because it's SO good on ink usage!

http://www.walmart.ca/en/ip/deskjet-.../6000139076408
    http://www.bestbuy.ca/en-CA/product/...c5bf0555c4en02

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by SunandMoon View Post
    I'm looking to get an inkjet printer this christmas and am wondering if I should wait until Boxing day.
    Pls. help.
    Hmm.... inkjet? Boxing Day?

Sounds like you are on a budget....

Some thoughts....
    • how much are ink cartridge replacements on those printers identified?
    • how many pages do you plan to print each month?
    • Have you considered a wireless laser for the cost of replacing all those ink cartridges ONCE? Laser printing can be pennies a page instead of quarters. Get a wireless printer if you have a tablet or smartphone.
      http://www.bestbuy.ca/en-CA/product/.../10208324.aspx
    • if you purchase a printer now... many places offer price protection through boxing week (not boxing day). Check the fine print on the store policy.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

xl - how long does a toner cartridge last? They are $85 for the one you linked to. Plus it only prints B&W.

Trading Score
    39 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Natalka View Post
    They've been at pretty decent sale prices throughout this past year, actually.

You should be able to pick up an all-in-one for around $30

We have an HP similar to this, and I love it because it's SO good on ink usage!

http://www.walmart.ca/en/ip/deskjet-.../6000139076408
    http://www.bestbuy.ca/en-CA/product/...c5bf0555c4en02
    I was at Best Buy today looking at HP, too.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by xlxo View Post
    • if you purchase a printer now... many places offer price protection through boxing week (not boxing day). Check the fine print on the store policy.
    More to the point... forget what the store policies are on Price Protection for this volatile period... Instead price-protect yourself. Here's how:

Since it sounds like you can afford to wait until after Christmas to get one (ie: not be able to use it until afterward) then...

STEP 1: Buy one now. If you're shopping for models and you already know how the prices are going, then buy one at what you consider a decent and affordable price.

STEP 2: Set it aside at home (tape the receipt to the box so you don't lose it). Then wait and see what happens come boxing day.

STEP 3: If the same (or better) model goes on sale for Boxing Day for a more attractive price... then buy THAT one on boxing day.

STEP 4: Then after Boxing Day (when returns are permitted at the stores) return the original one with the original receipt and get back what you paid for it. So long as it's not opened and not used, I don't know of ANY store that would refuse a return within 2 weeks (minimum) after Christmas.

So, don't worry about if the store will or won't price-match or price-protect you. Facilitate the price protection yourself.

If Step 3 doesn't pan out, then at least you have a printer you felt comfortable buying at that price before Christmas. And peace of mind that you got the best deal possible.
    Last edited by bhlombardy; Sat, Dec 7th, 2013 at 08:06 PM.
    HeatherWake likes this.

addismom
    Trading Score
    13 (100%)

I have a HP wireless printer and I hate it.. THat is only because it goes offline and its always been a real pain to get set up to my netbook etc I haven't been able to get it back online for over a year now. This printer has barely ever been used, anyone have any ideas?? I am ready to put at the curb and buy a new one..

Canadian Genius LuvToUseCoupons's Avatar
    Trading Score
    311 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by addismom View Post
    I have a HP wireless printer and I hate it.. THat is only because it goes offline and its always been a real pain to get set up to my netbook etc I haven't been able to get it back online for over a year now. This printer has barely ever been used, anyone have any ideas?? I am ready to put at the curb and buy a new one..
    True..we must have the same model...
    plus I can never print any SS or websaver coupons.
    A real pain.. I must admit.

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by Natalka View Post
    xl - how long does a toner cartridge last? They are $85 for the one you linked to. Plus it only prints B&W.
    A lot more than a set of inkjet cartridge for the same price. I say if you need you change your ink cartridges more than twice a year..... you can afford a laser.

Thread Information