User Tag List

Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By robin&jules

Thread: Selling online vs Mom2Mom

Trading Score
    47 (100%)

Hi everyone! I'm just wondering about your experiences selling your old baby clothes. I just recently had my second child, a boy after having a girl 3 years ago. I have so many girl clothes to sell, 4 large tubs varying sizes, and my piles of baby boy clothes are growing (he's only 2 months old and has almost outgrown all his 3m stuff!). I'm just wondering what you found to be a better way of selling. Online, kijiji or facebook group, or a Mom2Mom sale? Or one of those used clothing stores (Once Upon a Child).

Thanks!
    This thread is currently associated with: Once Upon a Child

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I'm still in australia but coming back to van in 2 months. However I sell a lot of my clothes on eBay with better luck then the Facebook pages or local buy/sell groups. The trick I find is selling it as soon as kiddies grow out of it. Also name brands obviously sell better, so grouping them into bundles of same size and brand. For instance 3 gap dresses size 6-12 months, will sell better/quicker then a huge clothing bundle. IMO. You could also group them into sizes and sell the bundles on fb pages or groups just make sure you have great pictures to show the clothing otherwise people pass on it thinking they are just getting junk or styles they don't like. .
    Anna Michele and Jamie42 like this.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I've never had very good luck with selling clothing online. I like the above tip. What is a mom2mom sale?

putting the kettle on.. sweetproserpina's Avatar
    Trading Score
    25 (100%)

Wondering if there is any more wisdom about this topic?

I have lots of clothes from my DD and DS, as well as baby equipment (swing/bumbo/etc) and after a disappointing trip to OUAC with a big tub of nice girls spring/summer clothes which they only took 2 pieces! I'm looking for other ways to sell.

Right now I'm thinking ebay or kijiji (definitely kijiji for the larger stuff), I've never sold at a mom2mom sale- are they worth it? How about a garage sale?

Any input would be great!!
    I love free books! Earn points at Swagbucks and get great Amazon GCs or Paypal $$.
    RLF: Goldfish!!, Butter, Astro Yogurt, Triscuit Thincrisps...

Trading Score
    513 (100%)

Varagesale!!!

App via facebook --> available on iPhone and Android as well

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

If you aren't having luck with selling on kijiji one trick I always use is to post in the largest applicable area. So for example instead of posting to the toronto site (http://www.kijiji.ca/h-city-of-toronto/1700273) post to the greater toronto area (http://www.kijiji.ca/h-gta-greater-toronto-area/1700272). It will at least reach more people.

robin&jules tip was awesome too - hope it went/goes well!!

Thread Information