User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree16Likes

Thread: What counts as Food and Snacks?

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quiet forum this week!

I received a personalized offer via email for 8000 points WUB $30 in food and snacks. Does anyone know if this would include Boost or Ensure?
    This thread is currently associated with: Shoppers Drug Mart, Via Rail

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    4 (100%)

I dont think it would....YMMV...i've been trying to figure out what falls under this coupon for the last couple months. so far milk and coke both count, but when i bought protein bars, they didnt. i think its because its a nutritional supplement or something. it doesnt hurt to try though!
    cookiemonster likes this.

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by cookiemonster View Post
    Quiet forum this week!

I received a personalized offer via email for 8000 points WUB $30 in food and snacks. Does anyone know if this would include Boost or Ensure?
    I think, when you click on the offer, it gives you more details on what they will include and what they will not include

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

The fine print is absolutely no help:

Offer valid at participating Shoppers Drug Mart® stores. Coupon must be presented at the time of purchase, along with your personal Shoppers Optimum Card®. Offer valid on the purchase total of eligible products after discounts and redemptions and before taxes. One-time offer only; limit of one coupon per transaction per customer. No rainchecks. Shoppers Drug Mart® reserves the right to revoke this offer at any time. Not to be used in conjunction with any other Shoppers Optimum Points® promotions or offers. Offer is non-transferable. See cashier for details

Trading Score
    200 (100%)

I think it's up to the cashier to enter these coupons based on what you're buying. I doubt the coupon deciphers what you bought. I've used this one a zillion times, always with different mix of things, always works.

r0c0upons
    Did the computer turn down the coupon, or did the cashier?

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    4 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Valerey View Post
    I think it's up to the cashier to enter these coupons based on what you're buying. I doubt the coupon deciphers what you bought. I've used this one a zillion times, always with different mix of things, always works.

r0c0upons
    Did the computer turn down the coupon, or did the cashier?
    the computer turned it down. most cashiers seem to be pretty uninformed about the email coupons. i had to add the amount of my protein bars in other food/snack items before the computer would accept the coupon.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    5 (100%)

Food or snacks are generally anything you buy in the food, beverage, dairy or warm beverage section which are generally all located on one side of the store. Protein bars and boost etc are found in the vitamin section and are probably categorized as vitamins or healthy living products.
    uanoor and DianneS like this.

CaToonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I have the same problem with these offers too. I always get coupon for X points wub $y on candy and snacks. Do cereals, ice cream, milk shakes fall under this category?
    btw I have not received my weekly promotion yet

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by CrazyQT View Post
    Food or snacks are generally anything you buy in the food, beverage, dairy or warm beverage section which are generally all located on one side of the store. Protein bars and boost etc are found in the vitamin section and are probably categorized as vitamins or healthy living products.
    I'd agree with this. I just used it now and bought from the areas listed above PLUS Christmas chocolate.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by apple pie View Post
    I have the same problem with these offers too. I always get coupon for X points wub $y on candy and snacks. Do cereals, ice cream, milk shakes fall under this category?
    btw I have not received my weekly promotion yet
    That one confuses me too, but both times I've used that candy & snacks coupon I used it to buy Ben & Jerry's ice cream on sale 2/$10, and that worked no problem. I'm not sure whether it's just up to the cashier to decide what qualifies as a snack, or if the coupon just automatically allows anything from the food section.

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by sisyphe View Post
    That one confuses me too, but both times I've used that candy & snacks coupon I used it to buy Ben & Jerry's ice cream on sale 2/$10, and that worked no problem. I'm not sure whether it's just up to the cashier to decide what qualifies as a snack, or if the coupon just automatically allows anything from the food section.
    It's not up to the cashier, it's up to the system. I believe different products are categorized in the system - grocery items like cereal would be categorized differently than candy like M&Ms.

Trading Score
    47 (100%)

The confusion is that when the coupons first came out I believe it was up to the cashier. They decided. Now, the head office has coded the machines for what constitutes snacks and candy, etc. The cashiers are just as confused at times. In the end, I always have something else that is a definite candy or snack in my mind in case any of the questionable items gets rejected. Originally, I bought Nutella and frozen pizza as a candy or snack. In my house, they are. Now, I don't think the machine would recognize these. HTH
    cookiemonster likes this.
    Just joined Kiva.org, an organization that funds micro-loans to people in developing countries. I love the idea that the $25 I saved in groceries can be given to a fish woman with 5 children in the Philippines to help grow her business.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

Tonight I bought:
    eggos (2x$1.99 - $1), pop (2x$1.97-$2), hot chocolate ($3.99-$1), corn pops ($3.99-$1 -$1.50), crisco ($1.99-$1), shirriff (lemon meringue filling)(3/$5 - B3G1), becel ($2.99-$0.75), Orville Ready Pop ($2.99-$1).
    All counted for an extra 4000 pts.
    carlyincanada likes this.
    WHATT, You aren't doing Swagbucks? http://swagbucks.com/refer/acosta22

TRADE:
    http://forum.smartcanucks.ca/members/acosta/
    FT TONS OF NEW COUPONS JUST UPDATED

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

like everyone has posted, the machine will let you know if what you're buying will count or not.
    WHATT, You aren't doing Swagbucks? http://swagbucks.com/refer/acosta22

TRADE:
    http://forum.smartcanucks.ca/members/acosta/
    FT TONS OF NEW COUPONS JUST UPDATED

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Boost is definitely not on the list. I picked up 2 for my Mom and had to put other items in to make up my $20 total for the points. I am wondering if I could do another print and get the 4000 points again? I have done the smaller offers for one item more then once and gotten them.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information