User Tag List

Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By emma008

Thread: FREE Compost Conundrum

Trading Score
    6 (100%)

I will need so opinions for this one!! So I am starting on a new garden plot this year and I just realized that my small little village actually has a free compost area, you can throw your compost in, and take out compost at will...now, do I chance it and take compost from there not knowing what really has gone into it, I don't want my new garden plot to be all weedy. What would you do!?
    This thread is currently associated with: N/A
    www.facebook.com/perduemassageclinic good things come to those who like my page

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Personally, I wouldn't take the compost from there. People may have put all sorts of stuff that they would consider compost, such as meat, breads, pet poop, food scraps, etc. Be on the safe side, and build your own or buy a composter. Save yourself the trouble of taking someone's garbage to your own yard
    Patty Smyth and Shwa Girl like this.

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

OP, can you add your fruit and veggie peelings with soil to your new garden plot, in the spring?

Trading Score
    6 (100%)

I do indeed already compost, it's just that I will need a large amount, we have a large garden plot...I am thinking that I might just buy it anyway...hmmmm....and i think that i know a farmer who might just donate me some well rotten manure too....that might just be a better idea....i do believe that the community one might just be limited to leaves, grass, and sticks, I am pretty sure, but not 100%. I guess that i should find out first
    Last edited by bgheuchert; Sun, Dec 22nd, 2013 at 05:15 PM.
    www.facebook.com/perduemassageclinic good things come to those who like my page

Thread Information