Like Tree301Likes

Thread: 2014 Christmas AA CLUB

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Put a $100 in my Christmas account!

Trading Score
    42 (100%)

I have been saving $50 a pay for Christmas. This is the first I have done this. It is going to make a HUGE difference come the holidays this year. For e.g. I wear contacts…erm…used to…I haven't bought a pair since I ran out mid-December so I could do gifts…etc.

Trying to save for some new pairs…until then, my glasses it is!!!
    Kitty77, Ciel, coupon girl and 3 others like this.
    "There are more important things--friendship and bravery...."
    -Hermione Granger

Trading Score
    6 (100%)

I was in Superstore on Friday, picked up highly discounted Christmas cookie cutters, cookie tins, cupcake boxes, and a brie warmer. I think all of next years panic about not having "something to put the bake sale(cookie exchange etc)" stuff in is COVERED! I always panic about that stuff. And tonight is the night! Into the stockpile room I go! Last week I cleared out the bathroom closet, linen closet, a laundry room shelf, the front entrance closet, and the underwear drawer. FEELS SO GOOD to clean it all out! I know once I get through the stockpile room I will have room for a few BIG Rubbermaids to start collecting stocking stuffers etc in without the kids seeing them. I LOVE it when Scholastic sends their book selections magazines home with the kids from school. There are super cheap books in there, and it seems that for birthday parties/Christmas parties etc I am becoming the lady who doesnt really give toys, just books! I will start with some of those, look for things like lego sets to go on sale through out the year. Does anyone know where to look for good prices on lego?? There is one Extra Foods too that I want to hit up yet, they always have a mass load of pajamas that are so cheap when you buy them out of season, that will work perfectly for next fall and for a Christmas Eve present.
    Kitty77, Ciel, macw1960 and 1 others like this.
    www.facebook.com/perduemassageclinic good things come to those who like my page

Trading Score
    6 (100%)

So I usually get thinking about what I would like to serve for Christmas Eve and Day really really early on (like right now) because frankly I just love planning lovely events with lovely meals and I like to dream about them when I sit down and go through cook books etc (one of my favorite things to do hahah) Usually what I like to on Christmas Day is have a lovely brunch at 10ish , no formal lunch (veggie,fruit,nut, and cheese platters for people to graze on if they need a little snacky snack) and an early 4:00 Christmas Supper, we usually leave dessert and tea for a couple hours after Supper as it is just reality that everyone is going to stuff themselves ridiculously full at supper time. The Brunch is actually my favorite thing to plan since it is just my favorite meal of all time. This past year we did Seafood Extravaganza! Shrimp ring, lobster tail, and smoked salmon on a fresh croissant with a poached egg and homemade holandaise. Fresh fruit and cheese platter, coffee, and fresh juice. I am thinking I want to do something along these lines again for next year, but a variation on what we did. I am thinking maybe crab cakes with a poached egg and homemade holandaise , bacon wrapped scallops, shrimp ring, and mussels. I will put out a great fruit and cheese platter again, but I am just wondering about a chocolate fondue as well to dip the fruit in (I know its breakfast, but whatever it`s Christmas). Fresh orange juice with Sparkling wine and coffee. I hope this year is a good year for Saskatoons as I would like to do some Saskatoon desserts (we don`t stick with traditional pumpkin although it is lovely too) But a Saskatoon Cheese Cake can be made a few days ahead of time and saved for Christmas night. Christmas Eve I am thinking of doing a take on the traditional Ukrainian Christmas Eve meal, we are not Ukrainian, but I grew up in a region FILLED with people of Ukrainian heritage and it is hard not to fall deeply in love with their food traditions. Even if we do not go full out with the Ukrainian dishes we could go traditional with a meatless meal as well. MMMM.....I love thinking about food.
    ROMEO, Ciel, macw1960 and 2 others like this.

Trading Score
    551 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by bgheuchert View Post
    So I usually get thinking about what I would like to serve for Christmas Eve and Day really really early on (like right now) because frankly I just love planning lovely events with lovely meals and I like to dream about them when I sit down and go through cook books etc (one of my favorite things to do hahah) Usually what I like to on Christmas Day is have a lovely brunch at 10ish , no formal lunch (veggie,fruit,nut, and cheese platters for people to graze on if they need a little snacky snack) and an early 4:00 Christmas Supper, we usually leave dessert and tea for a couple hours after Supper as it is just reality that everyone is going to stuff themselves ridiculously full at supper time. The Brunch is actually my favorite thing to plan since it is just my favorite meal of all time. This past year we did Seafood Extravaganza! Shrimp ring, lobster tail, and smoked salmon on a fresh croissant with a poached egg and homemade holandaise. Fresh fruit and cheese platter, coffee, and fresh juice. I am thinking I want to do something along these lines again for next year, but a variation on what we did. I am thinking maybe crab cakes with a poached egg and homemade holandaise , bacon wrapped scallops, shrimp ring, and mussels. I will put out a great fruit and cheese platter again, but I am just wondering about a chocolate fondue as well to dip the fruit in (I know its breakfast, but whatever it`s Christmas). Fresh orange juice with Sparkling wine and coffee. I hope this year is a good year for Saskatoons as I would like to do some Saskatoon desserts (we don`t stick with traditional pumpkin although it is lovely too) But a Saskatoon Cheese Cake can be made a few days ahead of time and saved for Christmas night. Christmas Eve I am thinking of doing a take on the traditional Ukrainian Christmas Eve meal, we are not Ukrainian, but I grew up in a region FILLED with people of Ukrainian heritage and it is hard not to fall deeply in love with their food traditions. Even if we do not go full out with the Ukrainian dishes we could go traditional with a meatless meal as well. MMMM.....I love thinking about food.
    I know where I'll be christmas day lol MMmmmmmmmmm

Sent from my GT-S7560M using Tapatalk
    ROMEO, macw1960 and bgheuchert like this.
    JOIN NOW WIN BIG in the Survivor Pool starting in the Spring
    Season 40 Winners At War
    https://forum.smartcanucks.ca/435852...a/#post7022499

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by bgheuchert View Post
    Wow this takes early planning to a whole new level. I am still thinking about where to store all the target clearance wrap, bows etc that I stuffed in the spare bedroom early January. LOL
    ROMEO, Ciel, macw1960 and 2 others like this.

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

I've got our christmas wrap tucked between my hopechest and the wall behind our TV in the bedroom. I had stored them in the shed in a gift bag last summer with all the tags and christmas cards but they grew legs and walked off. (We have problems with things disappearing because of a unique situation)

I picked up some awesome snowmen for my sister for next year...now i just have to remember in 9 months that i have them and wrap them.

We did awesome for christmas this year. We were done shopping and shippng by Dec 1 until I ended up having a trip home won for me and needed to grab some extra odds and ends for family for christmas morning.

Trading Score
    6 (100%)

Hahah, I know its kinda weird that I think about those things, but one of my fav things to do at night before I fall asleep is to think about planning fun events and parties, including Christmas haha! On Monday I got into the storage room, gathered all the Christmas bows, boxes, bags etc. and organized them into Rubbermaids. Got out the handy dandy label maker and got it all labelled and organized, I ended up moving/transferring/reorganizing/and posting things on our local buy and sell for most of the day(I am not one to store things that we do not need/will not use/or have are no longer relevant to our lives). We have a lot of major shelving that is perfectly sized for the Rubbermaids. I also labelled a Rubbermaid for storage of random holiday things that I pick up, like Valentines cards the day after Valentines for a fraction of the price but will use next year. I am not actually a n organized person by nature, I just find that if I don't do this type of thing and make it easily accessible and easy for me to take stock of what I have/need/don't have, then I end up wasting things or not really having the things I need and end up wasting money on "good deals" that I will never use or not finding stuff that I need on sale and having to pay full price for them. Today the Husby is out looking for things after work to rig up some of the great wrapping paper storage that you guys have been posting. All in all I think he will end up buying a container for it fi he can get it at a good price haha.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

I need to start my Rubbermaid Christmas 2014 bin and get the few items out of my closet. that will be one projects this weekend
    ROMEO, Ciel, macw1960 and 1 others like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    25 (100%)

I have found some amazing deals the past month, I took advantage of the West 49 and boathouse sale last week where they had 40% off the last clearance price so I am done shopping for three son in laws and a nephew and I have a good start on my son.I also got my granddaughter a faux fur Roxy hoodie regular 79.00 for 16.00. I am done most stocking stuffers as well. Feels great to have a head start while giving great gifts at rock bottom prices!

Trading Score
    551 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by thriftygranny View Post
    I have found some amazing deals the past month, I took advantage of the West 49 and boathouse sale last week where they had 40% off the last clearance price so I am done shopping for three son in laws and a nephew and I have a good start on my son.I also got my granddaughter a faux fur Roxy hoodie regular 79.00 for 16.00. I am done most stocking stuffers as well. Feels great to have a head start while giving great gifts at rock bottom prices!
    Damn ill have to check out west 49 is the sale still on?

macw1960 likes this.
    JOIN NOW WIN BIG in the Survivor Pool starting in the Spring
    Season 40 Winners At War
    https://forum.smartcanucks.ca/435852...a/#post7022499

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    25 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Anna Michele View Post
    Damn ill have to check out west 49 is the sale still on?

Sorry but I checked the website and the online sale is done. Not sure about in store though.
    macw1960 and Anna Michele like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Picked up musical toothbrush for DS's stocking. Reg $10 something on clearance for $1.99 and it just came out of the regular budget so didn't touch the Christmas $ lol

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    25 (100%)

Picked up great John Freida extra large hot rollers for one of my daughters at Target for 14.99 regular price is around 50.00, also some great craft sets from target for 2.00-4.00 regular 9.99-19.99.Loving Target clearance, it is going to make Christmas 2014 a breeze!!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Added my monthly $100 to my Christmas account.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread Information