User Tag List

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast
Like Tree301Likes

Thread: 2014 Christmas AA CLUB

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Added $100 to my Christmas account today and finally found an empty Rubbermaid bin and pulled all the items purchased for Christmas and shoved in my closet. Yipppeee! I am ready to really start looking for deals now. Have a few things already including a few stocking stuffers for the kids. I don't like to buy junk/crap for the stockings just for the sake of buying it so finding great items for a deal is what I like to do but that takes time And I will have my 1st niece or nephew to shop for too, can't wait to find out if I'm girl or boy shopping. Already found some great board books for her/him

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

I've been using the "52 week savings challenge" to fund my christmas shopping for the fall as well as pay back a loan. I'm at week 22 i think and have $353 set aside for the two things. the plan is to have the $1378 saved well before the 52 weeks is up.

I ordered wool in Feb to make a blanket for my niece for her birthday and one for my sister for Christmas (Will be starting on the Christmas one now as the Birthday one has been completed and given). I really need to find a place to put all gifts so i remember what all i have purchased and for whom. Right now i have some in the mitten bin and some in the top of my closet.
    Kitty77, ROMEO, macw1960 and 1 others like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

I find a big Rubbermaid bin is the best. And a 2nd one if needed

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

I put away $100 per month for Christmas. We also save all our Visa points for giftcards- which REALLY helps!
    macw1960 likes this.

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Last year I used all my swagbucks for gift purchases on amazon.
    macw1960 likes this.

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Not gift related, but I'm so jazzed I have to share! I got a whole tote bin full of various strings of lights (LED too!), a candy cane window decoration, a Minnie and Mickey advent calendar (the reusable kind) and an ADORABLE pooh ornament for.... drumroll..... FIFTY CENTS. EEEEEE. Including the tote! At a garage sale of course.

I'm so excited to decorate. My parents have replaced the siding on the house and gotten new windows, so the house is going to look FABULOUS when I get done with it.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Added $100 to my Christmas account today.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Bought a DVD yesterday for ds's stocking.
    Kitty77 and coupon girl like this.

Trading Score
    42 (100%)

Have $700 in Christmas fund!!! Bought 3 novelty mugs for gifts only $2 at GT. They are hearty ones and have cars on them. Cars are popular with the men in the fam.
    Kitty77 and matty's mom like this.
    "There are more important things--friendship and bravery...."
    -Hermione Granger

Trading Score
    37 (100%)

I think I am done for my little man. He is loves Lego, superheroes, building stuff and anything small and detailed. Thanks to Target clearance, garage sales, and discontinued Playmobile, our budget for him got us everything he could want.

Target Stuff :
    construct a transformer $4.00
    I Spy puzzle $2.00
    Flick a bug .50
    Penguin solitaire $4.00
    Magic set $6.50
    Hulk Gloves $7.00

Toys R us:

playmobile remote control space car $7.49 ( reg $24)

Indigo:
    Playmobile space rangers headquarters $45.00 (reg $ 95)

Garage Sale:
    I spy books $4.00 for two (in Mint condition- they are $16 each in Indigo!)
    The Paper Crane $1

Now I just need some candy.

I love Christmas! And I can hardly wait for him to open his gifts. He will LOVE them. Family is buying him Lego, so he will be thrilled. But it is only July... Sigh....
    Last edited by matty's mom; Fri, Jul 18th, 2014 at 09:37 PM.
    ROAK a Huggies or Pampers code to my local pregnancy centre- toys, clothes, food & diapers always needed!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Bought a bunch of toys 70%off this week, so a good start on Christmas shopping for nieces and nephews as well as for Christmas family we sponsor. Started a bin for non permissible food and toiletry items for Christmas family, so free pasta, $.50 cleaning products, cheap pasta sauce and soups, toothpaste etc. stockings for family also done except for some chocolate and candy. So off to a good start
    Kitty77 and thriftygranny like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    25 (100%)

I am ahead of the game on my shopping..stockings are pretty much done for 11 people and I have gifts in totes for most of my family. Fabric was bought on sale to make everyone Christmas PJ's, will start these in September. Now it is just a matter of finding amazing deals if I want to buy anything else.
    Kitty77 and coupon girl like this.

Trading Score
    6 (100%)

I will start purchasing in the month of August all of the stocking stuffers, and looking out for lego, and some of the main toys that we want to get our kids...getting excited!! I am always at a loss at what to get my husband and father!! They are so hard to buy for!! But am certainly doing another round of homemade vanilla, vanilla syrup, vanilla sugar, and vanilla salt for people.It's time to start steeping, I am stocked up with vodka, and last week Costco was out of vanilla beans ..... NO need to worry! My brothers and their families will get a variety of vanilla products and baked goods. Biscotti is a hit for sure!! OH I CAN FEEL THE CHRISTMAS HAPPINESS!!
    Granger and thriftygranny like this.
    www.facebook.com/perduemassageclinic good things come to those who like my page

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

I hear ya on thinking of something great/creative for our main squeeze. Need to really think of something great this year since he is so wonderful. I want to go to the hot baths at Blue Mountain so maybe I will plan a getaway. Was thinking of doing that in the fall but maybe it would be nice in January.

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Frugalbigmama View Post
    I hear ya on thinking of something great/creative for our main squeeze. Need to really think of something great this year since he is so wonderful. I want to go to the hot baths at Blue Mountain so maybe I will plan a getaway. Was thinking of doing that in the fall but maybe it would be nice in January.
    They are awesome (scandanave spa). They also have gift certificates for this through rbc rewards if you bank with them fyi !

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread Information