User Tag List

Page 1 of 19 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast
Like Tree93Likes

Thread: Love my annual call to my cable, phone, internet company

it Is what it is
    Trading Score
    60 (100%)

Yea! Did my annual call to my company tonight...recieved my same discount of 30 Percent and a new HD PVR and free HD services!!!!

love it!!!
    This thread is currently associated with: N/A

Frosh Canuck
    Trading Score
    2 (100%)

love it! I have 11 more months before my "annual" call
    Shwa Girl likes this.
    I earned over $150 in free gift cards last year. Click HERE if you want to earn your free gift cards too! All the cool couponers are doing it

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Umm lol I want to do that lol I am with Rogers but what do I say like I looked on there web site and they have better deals but I asked them that before and they said it's for new customers only
    improperganda and Shwa Girl like this.

it Is what it is
    Trading Score
    60 (100%)

I have Rogers as well. Depends on how long you have been with them, how much of a discount you will get. i have been there for 10 + years, so I usually get a FREE PVR or something..just tell them you were comparing prices for "bell" or who ever else on line, and know your numbers....they are pretty quick to start adding services, or chopping your bill down.
    The first time I did it I was pretending to try to Cancel. Every year since then I just call and say, its time for my annual, what can you do for me call.....you have nothing to lose...just money to gain. I have EVERYTHING with Rogers...cells x2, internet, phone, cable....
    improperganda and Shwa Girl like this.

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    21 (100%)

Good for you! Not many people know that trick. We are with shaw and do the same every year or 2. I find the key with shaw is to talk to the cancelation department, they are the obes with all the power! If you just talk to a regular customer service rep you will likely get the run around.
    improperganda likes this.

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    26 (100%)

shaw will not give me any discounts anymore. They said they could turn my services off. I was so mad

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    5 (100%)

Thanks for the insights!! Our "annual" is coming up and it's good to know kind of what to do. What would you do if they just agree to cancel your order though?

it Is what it is
    Trading Score
    60 (100%)

I would move services...they aren't going to do that though....why would they....they offer those prices to people to come over....so if your a good loyal customer who pays your bills.......they would be silly to let you go.

Also you could hop company to company year to year...Rogers and Bell are BIG competitors.....Shaw is bleeecccchhhh lol....imho
    Last edited by itsjill; Fri, Aug 12th, 2011 at 09:41 PM.

Frosh Canuck
    Trading Score
    9 (100%)

I've got all my services with Bell. Cell x2, internet, phone & Satellite with PVR. What do you think I should be paying...Any ideas??

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

seems amazing and I just want to have a try about it.

Trading Score
    170 (100%)

We pay $87 a month for cable, internet and home phone.

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I did that last nivember and they say my discounts are onky good for a year. I will be calling them a few weeks before its up and simply tell them that if they want a loyal, alwayd payd on time customer for the next 10 years.....then they need to continue my discounts. It cut $45 off my monthly bill with shaw. I also did the same with my rogers cell and told them bell would give me their student plan even though i am not a student and i wanted to pay out my contract with rogers. They matched the plqn and upgraded ny phone and i now save $40/month on my cell. Maybe we should start a thread for the different companies so people can compare what they get for how much and then they know what deal they can go after whwn they call and tell the differance when they r just getting the runaraound?

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

If you ask to degrade (from high plan to low) they will also offer you good discount

Trading Score
    8 (100%)

Thanks for the post. the time and frustration is really worth the reward. I've been procrastinating but need to do mine again too.

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I found when i left Bell to go to tekksavvy it was the best deal i could get unlimited DL every month for only 34.95 a month !!!! Im going to them sept 6 for phone its only 21.48 with taxes a month and im keeping my old phone number havent figured out the tv yet im with Bell no contract currently so meh ill keep up on it and figure it out next !!

Page 1 of 19 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread Information