User Tag List

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Hello there,

I have been looking for a tutoring company (or software) for my daughter in Grade 9. I came acrosss Academy One Learning while doing some online research on different programs available. Does anyone have personal experience using the AcademyOne Learning software? Any information or opinion would be appreciated! Thanks!

CANADAMOM1
    This thread is currently associated with: N/A

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

My two kids have been using the Academy One program for 2 years now and it has really helped them out. They do the lessons before going to class, so they know exactly what the teachers are teaching. They also use it to study for tests since is has the same material that is taught in school. My daughter really likes the Math tutors, because they are very helpful and patient with the kids. My son is in Grade 10 and is not taking Math, but finds the English writing teachers very helpful. It is a good program and very convenient because the kids have all the help they need at home. I would definitely recommend it.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Hello, I got the Math Wiz from AcademyOne for my son one year ago, since he wasn’t doing well at math. After first week of use I was hesitant with the program, because it was difficult for him to get the next level, but then I found that the method was good because Shaan was constantly challenged to improve on his weakest areas, something that high school teachers often cannot do…especially if they have 30 kids in the same classroom! In his latest report card we saw he had significantly improved his math scores. He went from a C + to a B +. Not bad for the investment.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Even though it’s not an easy subject to talk about, I have to share my son’s
    AcademyOne Learning experience. You see, my son, who’s in eighth grade right
    now, has always been a gifted student. A’s in english, social studies, history,
    everything. Everything except math. My son always had a little difficulty in math. But, the real trouble started when he began sixth grade. I don’t know if the curriculum got a lot more difficult or if my son just didn’t understand a couple big concepts. All I know is that for the first time ever, he became very frustrated over his studies. For a student getting pretty much all As, my poor son just couldn’t understand why he was getting C’s and D’s in math. He couldn’t accept it either. My kid’s been a diligent worker ever since I remember and so, at first, his solution was to work harder. He studied longer when doing his math homework. He practiced more problems. And he simply tried harder. All of it unfortunately didn’t work. And when that happened, that’s when I knew that he needed some sort of outside help.

I have a buddy at work who I now treat to lunch every month because he was the
    one who first told me about Academyone learning’s tutorial programs. He has a
    daughter who is also using academyone learning and when I mentioned my son’s
    trouble with math, my buddy immediately mentioned their name. We took the
    recommendation to heart and bought their software. Now I have to say, at first my son and I were hesitant about how well a software-based tutorial program like AcademyOne Learning’s would work. After all, this was our first time using a program like this. But, actually their math wiz tutorials really sparked a change in my son’s attitude toward math – and not two months later, but literally within a week or two of starting their programs!

There was renewed energy in my son when it came to his math studies as well as
    renewed confidence. His grades in math began to improve too. And right now, as
    I’m writing this, my son currently has an A- in his math class. Pretty incredible.
    He and I talked about AcademyOne Learning a couple nights ago over dinner and
    as he said, the way their courses changed their difficulty level week by week was
    one thing that really helped his understanding. The math wiz tutorials can track
    a student’s progress every week and change the questions and material for the
    next week based off that. And because their tutorial programs adjusted their pace
    to match my son’s own learning pace, it gave him a perfect opportunity to really
    understand the material that was being presented.

So AcademyOne’s programs got my son back on the right track with his math studies and re-instilled confidence in his abilities and intelligence. I really foresee my son getting a lot more A’s in math from now on, and absolutely, part of that has to do with Academyone Learning.
    Last edited by Mom1FL; Mon, Jan 13th, 2014 at 10:28 AM.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Decent company, I can vouch. Recently moved and switched over to open door academy in vancouver bc while utilizing their $49 special (free consultation, assessment, two lessons, etc. as a starter..) was a great way to test drive a tutor company before going all in . check them out odalearning.com - if you refer me i get a couple free lessons hehe

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Hi there any pro smartcanuck who have enrolled their kids in the above program. All i can see in the reviews is by newbies. If i google there are only negative reviews about the company.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by rida View Post
    Hi there any pro smartcanuck who have enrolled their kids in the above program. All i can see in the reviews is by newbies. If i google there are only negative reviews about the company.
    What program are you looking for? I enrolled my gr. 8 son last year with odalearning.com (open door academy) for English for a few wks prior to exams and it went very well.. his tutor was an English teacher, very qualified... am planning to enrol with them again come Sept. Am not sure about the other companies, but have only good things to say about these guys.

~ L

CaToonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Check out Khan Academy - They can really help young kids and teens! Its free and online.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Yes, Khan Academy is my favorite. You can learn anything for free.

Thread Information