Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By Springbreeze
  • 1 Post By SassyAshley
  • 1 Post By lizzie bargain

Thread: Mat Leave Question

CaToonie
    Trading Score
    5 (100%)

Hi All. So I am currently on Maternity leave with my son (8.5 months) and have recently just found out I am pregnant again. I will be going back to work as soon as I find a new job as we moved provinces a few months ago. My question is this, for my new benefits I know I need a minimum 600 hours to be considered for benefits again. When calculating what my pay will be will they only look at what I have worked during the 600 minimum or over the past year? I hope that this is not too confusing. Thanks
    This thread is currently associated with: N/A

Frosh Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

If I remember correctly they will only look at what you worked during the 600 hours.
    Samantha MacGregor likes this.

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

I am not 100% sure but I also believe it is based on those 600 hours, I know a girl I worked with worked this out once and she was trying to factor in our annual reviews and the possibility of a raise to see how much she would get if they did not wait to have their second baby.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Congratulations! Maybe this info from the EI website will answer your question.You have accumulated at least 600 hours of insurable employment during the qualifying period

Hours of insurable employment are the hours you work, for either one or more employers under written or verbal contracts of service, for which you receive wages.
    The qualifying period is the shorter of:

• the 52-week period immediately before the start date of your EI period; or
    • the period since the start of a previous EI benefit period, if that benefit period started during the last 52 weeks.

To be eligible for EI maternity benefits, you must have accumulated at least 600 hours of insurable employment in your qualifying period

Thread Information