User Tag List

Page 336 of 536 FirstFirst ... 236 286 326 334 335 336 337 338 346 386 436 ... LastLast
Results 5,026 to 5,040 of 8030
Like Tree22176Likes

Thread: Official Target Unadvertised Clearance Red Sticker Deals

Trading Score
    5 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by ahatt View Post
    Went to target tonight and found a few things. Sad place to be, they're stacking up unused fixtures and Starbucks is closed now

xhilaration pyjamas pants (reg. $12.99, clearance $3.89-50% bogo xhilaration deal) -wasn't even marked clearance, score!!

xhilaration pyjama shirt $9.99

So'dorable blue baby shoes 0-6mths (reg. $7.99, clearance $3.99)
    One can never own too many jammies Thank you, I am putting xhilaration pyjamas pants on my list for tomorrow. What is the -50% bogo xhilaration deal? Is it in the flyer?
    ROMEO likes this.
    Opening a fee-free Tangerine account using my Orange key: 43034602S1 You will receive a $50 bonus from Tangerine. Get another $25 bonus when opening a Savings account and making automatic deposits for 6 months AND get another $25 from me! PM me for details.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by vw_girl View Post
    One can never own too many jammies Thank you, I am putting xhilaration pyjamas pants on my list for tomorrow. What is the -50% bogo xhilaration deal? Is it in the flyer?
    I saw this at the Langley store tonight but the sign said 'excluding clearance'. It's BOGO 50% off any xhilaration sleepwear.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    ROMEO, Anna Michele and vw_girl like this.

Trading Score
    70 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by generalB1B View Post
    Two things:
    1. Where did you hear about the WM price hike? If you got a source, please provide it: I am planning a petition to boycott WM.
    2. For those people who have not signed the two petitions in change.org yet, do it NOW! Once again the links are:
    i) https://www.change.org/p/ceo-target-...sored_donation
    ii) https://www.change.org/p/target-cana...-target-canada
    Some people on this thread apparently have not signed up yet (based on their giving up messages). At least let us make some noise and not let this go silently! You never know unless you try! To make these petitions gain more momentum, also tell your friends about these petitions and also provide these links on websites regarding Target Canada closings to get even more people to sign! You have a chance to save lots of jobs and keep a great store in Canada!

i think it's a given that walmart has had meetings about this.. their direct competition is pulling from the market ofcourse they are talking about it.. i've heard it on a few forums (so i don't have a direct source) but in all honesty i fully believe it! when you have a monopoly on a market you can control the market

and as much as i want target to stay.. i love target... both my daughter's best friend's parents work at target (full time employees!) i just think it's too late....with just how far in debt they are, along with the gap between the cost to run vrs the cost to keep open is just too large, they dug themselves into too big of a hole too soon(opened too many stores too quickly without testing the market) that they can't stay afloat any longer... and once they declared bankruptcy there is no going back... it's too bad they couldn't restructure, close down a bunch of stores...and just keep a handful open
    ROMEO, coupondiva, Decaf and 2 others like this.
    When life hands you Edward Cullen...throw him back and demand Eric Northman....

Trading Score
    254 (100%)

I'm a full time employee as well and as much as I loved my job, signing a petition? People needed to vote with their dollars. Your signatures are useless.
    Justjudi, strew, scbpooh and 14 others like this.

HUH? YOU DON'T DO SWAGBUCKS??? ARE YOU CRAZAY?!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

To those who are saying Walmart is a monopoly: It's not.

• We have Loblaws, Sobeys, Metro and their banners for groceries and general merchandise. And tons of independent grocery stores from all sorts of ethnicities (Chinese, Indian, Italian, Arab...)

• And home stores like Canadian Tire, Home Depot, Rona, Lowe's, Home Outfitters. Independents.

• Best Buy, FutureShop, 2001, The Source, Microsoft, Apple, independents for electronics.

• A ton of clothing stores.

• Amazon, Shop.ca, The Bay, Sears, Chapters for general merchandise.

It is awful when a store closes and we lose selection, competition, and people lose their jobs. But I don't understand all the Walmart monopoly fears on this thread? Walmart won't jack up their prices because they still have everyone else to deal with. Target wasn't much of a competitor for them as we've found out

No one is obligated to go to Walmart and it definitely isn't the only other store you can go to (see my list). And with so many websites offering free shipping, we can buy from anyone. It's the Internet that stores have to worry about.

What people should really be more worried about, I think, is Loblaws owning SDM. There aren't many Rexall's or Pharmasaves and Well.ca is pretty expensive, so SDM has a big market share and can dictate prices

Target leaving sucks, but it won't lead other stores to raise their prices 30%. Competition still exists in this country. It isn't Cuba where we have to buy all our stuff from a government-run store. I agree with Anne. If you like/don't like a store, vote with your dollars
    Last edited by torontogal12; Tue, Jan 27th, 2015 at 07:55 AM.
    Apply every possible promo code to your cart, at every store that you visit (and get points for cash back on top of that?). It's sweet and easy with HONEY.

Always use Ebates and get cash back at over 600 online stores! Use this link to get $5, FREE

Trading Score
    20 (100%)

I think it is a given that most ppl on this thread are not the type of shopper that Walmart is trying to woo.

Back to target please!
    In 2020 I had 100 FREE Grocery pickups! Subscribe to PC Optimum Insiders & get 25,000 PC Optimum pts
    Get 10% back in points on all PC products - Free PC Express pickup with priority time slots - Free shipping with no minimum spend on joefresh.com and shoppersdrugmart.ca
    R
    eferral code to sign up: AN1455

Trading Score
    726 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by torontogal12 View Post
    To those who are saying Walmart is a monopoly: It's not.

• We have Loblaws, Sobeys, Metro and their banners for groceries and general merchandise. And tons of independent grocery stores from all sorts of ethnicities (Chinese, Indian, Italian, Arab...)

• And home stores like Canadian Tire, Home Depot, Rona, Lowe's, Home Outfitters. Independents.

• Best Buy, FutureShop, 2001, The Source, Microsoft, Apple, independents for electronics.

• A ton of clothing stores.

• Amazon, Shop.ca, The Bay, Sears, Chapters for general merchandise.

It is awful when a store closes and we lose selection, competition, and people lose their jobs. But I don't understand all the Walmart monopoly fears on this thread?
    I think people are referring to the concept of the "one stop shop" store.

Walmart and Target were the only two "one stop shop" stores in my area.

Sure I will live without Target but it'll now be more of an inconvience to stop at 3-4 different stores instead of just one. Nevermind that some stores don't allow coupons.

Many of the stores you listed we do not have. Even our Future Shop just announced its closing at the end of the month and laying its employees off. Another hit for our city.

I was just thinking the other day about my Hasbro toy coupons and where to use them. My only choices are now Walmart or ToysRUs. Not much of a choice.
    dizzyb, Decaf and hijinx25 like this.

Trading Score
    20 (100%)

^ my condolences, that sucks
    In 2020 I had 100 FREE Grocery pickups! Subscribe to PC Optimum Insiders & get 25,000 PC Optimum pts
    Get 10% back in points on all PC products - Free PC Express pickup with priority time slots - Free shipping with no minimum spend on joefresh.com and shoppersdrugmart.ca
    R

Trading Score
    20 (100%)

Ok had to share...
    Im watching a vid that these 2 guys do on skin and hair products and whenever they talk about shopping for products they always talk about buying stuff from target (obviously considered a go-to place) and suddenly they start having technical difficulties and one of them is like "what is this? Walmart?" Lol

Made me laugh, had to share, yes im an idiot haha.
    R

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by Midnightly View Post
    i think it's a given that walmart has had meetings about this.. their direct competition is pulling from the market ofcourse they are talking about it.. i've heard it on a few forums (so i don't have a direct source) but in all honesty i fully believe it! when you have a monopoly on a market you can control the market

and as much as i want target to stay.. i love target... both my daughter's best friend's parents work at target (full time employees!) i just think it's too late....with just how far in debt they are, along with the gap between the cost to run vrs the cost to keep open is just too large, they dug themselves into too big of a hole too soon(opened too many stores too quickly without testing the market) that they can't stay afloat any longer... and once they declared bankruptcy there is no going back... it's too bad they couldn't restructure, close down a bunch of stores...and just keep a handful open
    There are many companies that come back after filing for bankruptcy protection. Major examples include GM, Chrysler, Eddie Bauer, Hostess, etc. (for the last two see link: http://www.rediff.com/business/repor...s/20141007.htm)). So your concept of "once a company declares bankruptcy, it is out" concept is not entirely correct.

Trading Score
    70 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by bargain_hunter_lola View Post
    I think people are referring to the concept of the "one stop shop" store.

Walmart and Target were the only two "one stop shop" stores in my area.

Sure I will live without Target but it'll now be more of an inconvience to stop at 3-4 different stores instead of just one. Nevermind that some stores don't allow coupons.

Many of the stores you listed we do not have. Even our Future Shop just announced its closing at the end of the month and laying its employees off. Another hit for our city.

I was just thinking the other day about my Hasbro toy coupons and where to use them. My only choices are now Walmart or ToysRUs. Not much of a choice.
    i'm in the same situation...

thats exactly what i am saying a discount 1 stop shop..a place where you can buy a jug of milk, a can of soup while picking up the rubber boots for the kid and a pair of headphones all for a fair price.... yes there are other stores... but they are not discount stores nor 1 stop shop stores (or heck even located close together) i can safely say we don't have a sobeys, any lowblaws banner stores, a metro in my area.. we dont even have a safeway anymore (these were lost when sobeys bought out safeway.. save on foods stores are now in those locations) to me it is also the fact that you now have a whole city worth of people shopping at 1 store (not 1 company... 1 store location) if they are out of stock tough... stand in another line for 20 min and get a raincheck because you now have nowhere to pricematch

Trading Score
    70 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by generalB1B View Post
    There are many companies that come back after filing for bankruptcy protection. Major examples include GM, Chrysler, Eddie Bauer, Hostess, etc. (for the last two see link: http://www.rediff.com/business/repor...s/20141007.htm)). So your concept of "once a company declares bankruptcy, it is out" concept is not entirely correct.
    yes many companies have come back.. it has happened... but i also think that depends on the choices the company makes.. what sort of bankruptcy they file... and IF they want to continue in the market... unfortunately i'm a realist(and i'll admit some days it sucks...) Target doesn't want to restructure... they have got themselves into a massive hole that they cannot see the end of... and they want to tuck tail and run (i also hear rumors that target USA is doing it for tax purposes... but who knows... that's not my area) and that's what they will do.. no matter how many petitions get signed

Trading Score
    20 (100%)

Target and its investors are breathing a huge sigh of relief because of target Canada's shutdown.
    There is no point in us holding our collective breath for a rebirth.
    R

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    13 (100%)

I did sign the petition but honestly unless there's an overwhelming number of signatures (a few millions for example) I don't think 'll gets any attention.

I do hope that Target USA offer cross border online shopping in the future.

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    10 (100%)

Wow is this thread ever off topic...

Anyways..i just left target and noticed clearanced deals are not tagged with the good ol red sticker. Just a shelf price with the clearance price. I bought a little tykes 4 in 1 trike for $44.49 reg price $88.99

Thread Information