User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree12Likes

Thread: Pampers baby dry = fail. Advise pls

Trading Score
    18 (100%)

My son has been using pampers since his birth.
    The last few boxes we have been experiencing gel breaking. The seam around the leg broke and gel everywhere that has already absorbed urine.

Can u imagine the shock that was in my face when I discovered he was playing with the gel ? Who knows if he tried to eat any.

Yesterday DH informed me that his diaper broke AGAIN.

So in frustration I took action of emailing pampers. I have expressed that I felt that pampers claims of 12 hrs wear was false and that was was frustrated with the quality of the product.

I bought 9 big boxes in total over the period of 4-5 months when they went on sale. They now wrote back asking me to send them receipts even tho I gave then the production code and UPC.

Problem is who the heck keeps receipts for "groceries" from the last 5 months. It's like asking if u still have the receipt for tampons from aug 2013.

What should I do? I'm very Annoyed with this situation as it's happened about 7 times from one package already
    This thread is currently associated with: Pampers
    francine1985 likes this.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

If it would be easier to explain, phone them and tell them your situation.

I didn't even know there was a product out there like that - just can't even imagine keeping a baby in a diaper that long!

Ah, now that I've googled the product I see - "for up to 12 hours of overnight protection".

Ha, they use the words 'up to' - stinkers!

You know, it might just be that one lot of diapers which has problems, too.

Good luck!

Trading Score
    86 (100%)

I've called them several times over the years to complain about bad batches of diapers. Once I had to send in a diaper for them to "test". They've always sent me coupons. Sometimes they've been awesome coupons. The last time they were mediocre. I always called them.
    Angela273 and Bronwen like this.
    You just proved Signature Advertising works!

Earn FREE money just by searching! Ask me how to get a $5GC using my referral.
    Get $10 off $40 for new customers at well.ca using the code springhascome

Trading Score
    18 (100%)

Whats the number ? This is not the first time it's happened. Happened I sz 3 and 4 as well .. Several times. We do t keep him in it for 12 hrs. Lol. But he does have one in for 10ish hrs for over night. And that's when it usually breaks. We co sleep so u can imagine sleeping on wet gel isn't all that great. . I even took pictures of the broken diaper and the gel everywhere. They did tell em to send some diapers bak along with the receipts.. I think I'm SOL since I have 9 boxes in total that I stocked up over the last 5 months :/
    Last edited by babypiggy; Tue, Jan 21st, 2014 at 12:31 AM.
    Angela273 and francine1985 like this.

Trading Score
    76 (100%)

I was never a fan of baby dry. We used them for ds1 once or twice but they leaked (not as bad as huggies leaked and there was no gel breakage but waking up in a wet spot sucks. I also coslept because when he woke up to nurse at night I used to fall asleep nursing him back to sleep lol)

anyway if the other boxes aren't opened try taking them in to walmart. (I have heard walmart will exchange for different sizes/brands without a receipt but never tried myself). We still use pampers for both kids. Ds1 uses easy ups and ds2 uses swaddlers or cruisers.

also I would suggest calling pampers and explain the situation and that you are unhappy with the reply since you don't keep receipts. If that doesn't help post your complaint on their Facebook page.
    babypiggy likes this.
    Intergalactic Proton Powered Electrical Tentacled Advertising Droids!

Trading Score
    76 (100%)

The number is on the diaper/wipe packages. (For future reference.)

1-800-pampers
    1-800-726-7377
    babypiggy likes this.
    Intergalactic Proton Powered Electrical Tentacled Advertising Droids!

Trading Score
    18 (100%)

thanks everyone
    for the reply

Trading Score
    86 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by francine1985 View Post
    I was never a fan of baby dry. We used them for ds1 once or twice but they leaked (not as bad as huggies leaked and there was no gel breakage but waking up in a wet spot sucks. I also coslept because when he woke up to nurse at night I used to fall asleep nursing him back to sleep lol)

anyway if the other boxes aren't opened try taking them in to walmart. (I have heard walmart will exchange for different sizes/brands without a receipt but never tried myself). We still use pampers for both kids. Ds1 uses easy ups and ds2 uses swaddlers or cruisers.

also I would suggest calling pampers and explain the situation and that you are unhappy with the reply since you don't keep receipts. If that doesn't help post your complaint on their Facebook page.
    I've exchanged at walmart a bazillion times. You just have to make sure that particular walmart sells that size box. I don't pretend to understand how something can be purchased at one store and then not scan at the next because that store doesn't sell that size. It's so easy. Apparently most loblaws brand stores will too, even without a receipt.

I use the cruisers most of the time, but the baby dry at daycare. Not that it's a bad thing, but I find the daycare changes his diaper like 6 times in the 8.5hrs he's there. So I go with the cheaper ones for daycare
    francine1985 likes this.
    You just proved Signature Advertising works!

Earn FREE money just by searching! Ask me how to get a $5GC using my referral.
    Get $10 off $40 for new customers at well.ca using the code springhascome

Trading Score
    185 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Insane View Post
    I've exchanged at walmart a bazillion times. You just have to make sure that particular walmart sells that size box. I don't pretend to understand how something can be purchased at one store and then not scan at the next because that store doesn't sell that size. It's so easy. Apparently most loblaws brand stores will too, even without a receipt.

I use the cruisers most of the time, but the baby dry at daycare. Not that it's a bad thing, but I find the daycare changes his diaper like 6 times in the 8.5hrs he's there. So I go with the cheaper ones for daycare

Really 6 times ?!?! Wow thats alot. I work in a daycare and we change diapers every 2 hours or when its needed (to save diapers, they are so expensive).

For the pampers baby dry, I had the same problem. It never last 12 hours not even 8. My son started to sleeps all night very young about 2 months old. He was wearing size 2, I always prefered huggies but their night diapers started at size 3 so I took the baby dry. The first morning it smelled like he peed everywhere in his room it was awful. When I went to change his diaper he had gelly all over him. I send a complaint to pampers compagny with a picture and they sent me one free coupon for a box of pampers diapers and 3 $10 coupons for pampers. So I switch to huggies overnight even thought they were to big and it worked perfectly.

CaToonie
    Trading Score
    5 (100%)

I found their customer service not so great. I made an observation to them about how there are coupons for all their diapers but not baby dry. they told me to sign up with their program and P&G had them, which they don't. I do prefer pampers to huggies though. I am using huggies atm because they were on sale and am having a similar issue with the gel. The diaper isn't ripping, rather the gel is leaking through the diaper and he is coated in it in the morning. I hope you can get this resolved. Huggies sent me a prepaid return stamp for them to test the batch I have, and sent me a prepaid credit card.

Trading Score
    18 (100%)

I called them and they still wanted the receipts.. Tbh after using these diapers I'm gonna switch to Huggies (they seem to fit my son better)

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    71 (100%)

am thinking the reason why they wants receipt is becos lots of people call and make a false complaints. so basically when the good guyz call, they get hassel. send them msg though their fb n also post some pictures of the diapers. hth
    Last edited by vaughngal; Tue, Jan 28th, 2014 at 09:20 AM.
    DianneS and Peachykeen2007 like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    4 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by babypiggy View Post
    Whats the number ? This is not the first time it's happened. Happened I sz 3 and 4 as well .. Several times. We do t keep him in it for 12 hrs. Lol. But he does have one in for 10ish hrs for over night. And that's when it usually breaks. We co sleep so u can imagine sleeping on wet gel isn't all that great. . I even took pictures of the broken diaper and the gel everywhere. They did tell em to send some diapers bak along with the receipts.. I think I'm SOL since I have 9 boxes in total that I stocked up over the last 5 months :/
    Try the Pampers overnight diapers. My dd sleeps 10-14 hrs at a time at night and regular Pampers(baby dry and cruisers) always leaked if she wore them that long but the night time ones are great.
    I've only called pampers once, after the Baby Dry diapers made my dd break out in a diaper rash(after months of using them without any issues) and I wanted to know if they changed what they used to make the diapers with. They were super nice just asked for the UPC code and sent me 40.00 worth of coupons.

Trading Score
    18 (100%)

Since I got nowhere with my phone call and emails... I decided to post on their Facebook page.. It was recommended by a co-worker. She says that if the public knows about it they r more willing to resolve the problem instead of ignore it
    Insane and francine1985 like this.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Any luck with this, babypiggy?? I use them on my son, and we haven't had a problem yet, but I have a friend who had the same issues as you. We use a liner in the diaper sometimes, it's to give extra protection. Sometimes we're so tired though, we can't be bothered, and we pray to the diaper Gods lol.
    I think it's a little weird that there's gel though.... You know?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information