User Tag List

Like Tree7Likes
  • 1 Post By lizzie bargain
  • 2 Post By Zonny
  • 2 Post By Lynn49
  • 2 Post By Decaf

Thread: Memory Foam Mattress Toppers - Could Really Use Your Input, Please!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    5 (100%)

After a month being pain-free while away visiting family, I am back home and barely able to move. I am now pretty sure it is our mattress causing my back pain, despite the fact that it is only a few years old and was *not* inexpensive!

I have been looking into buying a memory foam mattress topper. The brands I would prefer to buy after doing some research are Serta or Bodipedic. It seems they are only available from American sites, and most of the US sites (like Sears.com) won't ship to Canada. Even Amazon.com has them, but Amazon.ca does not (they have different brands that I can't find out as much information about). Amazon.com won't ship to Canada...I tried to order through them, as they had the least expensive price.

I am not sure why the Canadian sites don't sell the same brands. I also cannot find information re: "equivalent" brands (sometimes the same brands are sold in Canada but under a different name). I sure would like some clarification before I lay down $200+ US for a mattress topper.

Overstock.com will ship to Canada, as I have been reading lots of reviews from Canadian customers. I will likely go with them, but before I make the purchase, I would like to hear from those of you who have bought and used memory foam mattress toppers. What has your experience been? What brands did you prefer, and where did you buy them?

PS Found a site that has been VERY helpful, reviewing and providing info about all sorts of different sleep-related products:
    http://www.sleeplikethedead.com/

This thread is currently associated with: Amazon.ca & Amazon.com, Sears
    Unique items and great deals to be found on the Halifax Cat Rescue Society auction page.
    Love snail mail? Try
    Postcrossing!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

I bought mine at Costco for about $165 for a queen a couple of years back and I love it-sorry not sure the brand name but maybe you can check their website.
    TrueNorthTreasures likes this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    61 (100%)

I hope the foam topper helps, and is totally worth a try. Go to Costco - if it doesn't work out, you can return it there. Myself, I find foam toppers hot.

But just because your mattress set was not inexpensive doesn't mean it was the right one for you. You might need a new one. It's SO hard to choose a mattress, you can only lie on the demos for awhile. While some stores offer returns after a period of time, I always think that if they're offering returns, well what one are you selling ME, one that someone used for awhile?
    Last edited by Zonny; Wed, Jan 22nd, 2014 at 02:38 PM.
    Dee09 and TrueNorthTreasures like this.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by lizzie bargain View Post
    I bought mine at Costco for about $165 for a queen a couple of years back and I love it-sorry not sure the brand name but maybe you can check their website.
    We bought a queen one from Costco also, for our new RV trailer....my back and old bones absolutely love it!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    13 (100%)

You can get mattress and topper from TSC.
    http://www.theshoppingchannel.com/Tr...s?nav=R:687421

But I recommend you check it out from the store because the memory foam tend to have strong odor when new.
    Dee09 and TrueNorthTreasures like this.

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

[QUOTE=Zonny;5795698]... Myself, I find foam toppers hot. ]

I do too. On a regular coil mattress my legs and feet are often too warm during the night and I tend to have to stick them out from under my bedding. So even with a 'cooling gel' layer, foam is still a problem for me :-(. Which is to bad because they are super comfy otherwise.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Just FYI on the Costco one we have in the RV: no odour whatsoever.

Thread Information