User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
Like Tree82Likes

Thread: Wrinkles products that actually work?

Mia
    Female
    Trading Score
    70 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by OoKarmenoO View Post
    Actually Skin cannot absorb the nutrients from skin care product for simply applying by hands. There are advanced beauty system that you can use at home to help skin products permeate deep into the dermis.

Gosh! How far advertisement can go! Advanced beauty system? From what "clever" brand?

Every creature's skin, human being's or an animal's, can absorb absolutely anything, it's just a matter of time (seconds, or minutes, or hours, it depends on a substance and a part of body).
    Last edited by Mia; Thu, Aug 21st, 2014 at 09:43 AM.
    Relax, enjoy your coffee (tea) and earn money! Any time, when you want! http://www.clixsense.com/?5881505
    And earn Amazon and other gift cards as well, fast and easy! Anyone can!
    https://www.swagbucks.com/refer/zerehas

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Hi there, I just started working at EvoDerma one month ago and I started using the NOOME while working at the office. The NOOME anti-aging device really works to prevent and treat fine lines. This device is 67% off for the next week on living social. Check out EvoDerma on Pinterest for more details. Best of luck!

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Mia I agree the skin absorbs anything you put on it.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

I started using Yves Rocher products at 19 (my friend brought them back for me when she went to Paris), it was the first time I started using a product on my face..I loved them, but they weren't available in Canada!! I believe it was a year later, I was walking on St.Catherines street in montreal and they opened their first store..the point is, I will be 53 in 2 months and I always get compliments on my skin...over the years I've tried other products Clinique when I was young too much perfumes and chemicals, Lancôme, Marcelle, oil of olay, neutrogena (I do like this one for wrinkles in the grey bottle), but I always come back to Yves Rocher and I notice the difference right away!! They are also very good with their promotions, they have loyalty cards, free gifts for your birthday, promotions almost every week I have never paid full price for anything!! I try to exfoliate 1-2 week, also keep a few extra pounds on you your face will have less wrinkles ha,ha,ha!!
    Mia and Rosierey52 like this.

Frosh Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Organic argan oil

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    25 (100%)

not a cream but a great product. clarisonic!!!! my pores are smaller,lines reduced, my skin is clearer..... never wanna live without it.
    amira84 likes this.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Bubbelinchen View Post
    not a cream but a great product. clarisonic!!!! my pores are smaller,lines reduced, my skin is clearer..... never wanna live without it.

Is the clarisonic same (or almost the same) as olay pro x device?
    Mia likes this.

Mia
    Female
    Trading Score
    70 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by amira84 View Post
    Is the clarisonic same (or almost the same) as olay pro x device?
    The effects of cleansing are almost the same, the difference between the way of cleansing and their construction:

- Olay device's brush turns while cleansing, Clarisonic's one pulsates and vibrates

- Clarisonic is a rechargeable device, Olay works on ordinary batteries (though you can buy rechargeable batteries for that (Duracell maybe).

I'd say, Olay cleans more gentle because I read many reviews that Clarisonic causes breakouts even when you never had them (even with a sensitive brush). But Olay never does that (according to reviews). Though it is an individual thing.

And now Costco has Spa Sonic which has so many different kinds of brushes - for face, for feet, etc...

If you want to try Clarisonic very badly, buy from a store which has a good return policy, Sephora maybe.

As for me, I have Neutrogena Rejuvenator and am quite satisfied with that. At least I don't change the brush every 3 (or something) months (for both Clarisonic and Olay you do). Neutrogena doesn't have a brush. I just put a new cotton pad which I buy from Dollarama.

Also the main difference among all the devices is how much money they put on advertisements.

As for effects in general, yes, I do find, that a good cleansing makes huge differences to your face. Because clean face breaths, and that is the most important thing!
    Last edited by Mia; Tue, Aug 26th, 2014 at 08:02 AM.
    Relax, enjoy your coffee (tea) and earn money! Any time, when you want! http://www.clixsense.com/?5881505

Frosh Canuck
    Trading Score
    113 (100%)

Name:  Rich & Luxurious Beauty Balm.jpg
Views: 156
Size:  16.9 KBwww.soulessentials.ca

Truly all natural and organic skin care with face oils, powdered face cleansers and more. Wonderful stuff and made in Canada!
    Last edited by lovethiscouponingthing; Sat, Aug 30th, 2014 at 06:27 PM.
    Full Trade/Wish list found here: http://forum.smartcanucks.ca/members/lovethiscouponingthing/

Thanks to all the great traders on here

Mia
    Female
    Trading Score
    70 (100%)

I am astonished! Literally!

Being in my middle 30s, I don't use any wrinkle creams only moisturizers but not religiously, maybe once in 2-3 weeks (when I really have a very dry skin, mostly in winter, and also some eye moisturizers). But some days ago I started to notice some small dimples on my forehead. I applied Olay Regenerist at night (very, very little, less than a small drop) and what a miracle! In the morning my dimples were almost gone as if I had a botox, lol! I was even a little bit scared, so huge difference. So try that cream, quite possible, it will help you, too.

Name:  olay-sample.jpg
Views: 159
Size:  13.9 KB
    Last edited by Mia; Tue, Sep 2nd, 2014 at 01:25 PM.
    JadeAngel likes this.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Sounds awesome.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by Rosierey52 View Post
    Do you have any information to support this statement reference the skin not absorbing nutrients?
    Hi Rosierey52 sorry I missed your comment...I apologize for the confusion, what I meant is that most skin cares only stays on the surface layer of the skin and cannot penetrate deeper into the dermis if simply apply by hands. With the help of ion therapy it help induce the nutrients to the deeper layers of the skin.

Here's some information I found on a medical expert website, hope it helps:
    sharecare dot come / health/ healthy-skin /why-skin-creams-ineffective

sorry I cannot post link here

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I'm just gonna copy and paste here: Is from Dr. Aurthur Perry

Many skin creams do not work because they simply cannot penetrate the protective outer layer of the skin. Even though a cream may work on cells in a test tube, that does not mean it will work clinically and make skin healthier and more attractive. Small molecules, such as alpha hydroxy acids (AHAs) and vitamins, have a chance at penetrating the upper layers of skin and acting on the lower layers. Large molecules, such as growth hormones, proteins, collagen, and hyaluronic acid, really have little chance of penetrating the skin. Whether peptides, strings of amino acids, can penetrate the skin is also questionable.

The skin can be viewed as a chain-link fence. Ping-Pong balls and marbles fit easily through the holes. Tennis balls may be able to squeeze through, with a little help. Anything larger, such as a baseball, won't pass through. Even though some creams may be capable of astounding marvels in a test tube, if they can't get through the fence, they can't play ball. They will be useless. In a nutshell, that's the problem with many large-molecule creams. Botox is injected through the fence; glycolic acid, vitamin C, and tretinoin pass right through the holes. But proteins, collagen, and other large compounds just sit outside.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread Information