User Tag List

Page 2 of 33 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast
Like Tree749Likes

Thread: Shoppers Personalized coupons - sucking lately?

Trading Score
    18 (100%)

I use to get them but not anymore .. Not sure ehy

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by Cuckoobird View Post
    Mine sucks too. The only thing that's worthwhile is get 8,000 bp when you spend $40 but I can't take advantage of this promo as my printer doesn't work. I have to wait on Monday to print the coupon in the office. I'm really hoping SDM will go fully digital soon, when I can just display the coupon on my smart phone and their system scans it.
    too bad. If you had spent $40 on food+ $10 elsewhere on Saturday, you could have gotten 20x the points on $50 (10k points)+ 8k bonus points from the food.

If you redeem on a bonus redemption day, ($200/95,000points), then 18,000 is worth $37.89

maybe you should buy a printer from Shoppers with your points. lol. or you can buy bestbuy giftcards from SDM and get yourself a printer.
    Cuckoobird likes this.

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

This week mine included a spend 50 get 20x the points but since I still had my spend $60 get $20 off I knew I had to shop on the Saturday SDM was running the promo spend $50 get 20x the points since recently I've had so much trouble getting cashiers to run my coupons through the cash. I knew if I tried to use the coupon for 20x the points and my spend $60 get $20 off I had a good chance the cashier would veto it. So I went on a day when the computer (not the cashier) makes the decision....and got both promo's. However this time the cashier says she heard "yesterday" that there was a limit of 5 coupons per customer (manufacturers and SDM)!!! Give me a break everytime I shop the cashiers have something new to add on this supposed policy of SDM and coupons (including their own coupons) that changes like the wind.

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by jsmile View Post
    too bad. If you had spent $40 on food+ $10 elsewhere on Saturday, you could have gotten 20x the points on $50 (10k points)+ 8k bonus points from the food.
    Just a little note that not all stores will allow this. None of my local stores (there are 4) will allow me to combine points coupons and an Optimum promo (20x the points or 18,500).

Exception: If my total drops below the minimum for the promo after my coupons, then they will let me use the coupon - one of the few times their lack of coupon knowledge comes in handy.

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    8 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Cuckoobird View Post
    Mine sucks too. The only thing that's worthwhile is get 8,000 bp when you spend $40 but I can't take advantage of this promo as my printer doesn't work. I have to wait on Monday to print the coupon in the office. I'm really hoping SDM will go fully digital soon, when I can just display the coupon on my smart phone and their system scans it.
    We already have the digital optimum in my city, but I only get 3 or 4 coupons on the app each week, and get the same ones, plus a few others in the emails. So, sometimes I still have to print coupons to redeem them
    Cuckoobird likes this.

Trading Score
    199 (100%)

Anyone who had the email offer 8000 points WUS $30.00 try to use it more than once, get the points and keep them? I thought I read that some people had tried and succeded, I just don't want to waste my money if it doesn't work. Thanks
    r0c0upons and sam786 like this.

Princess of Paying Less katie333's Avatar
    Trading Score
    39 (100%)

I seemed to get better coupons earlier too. The best one I got was a BOGO for Aerius. I'd use a coupon on the first pack for $5 off, then get the second pack for free. These pills are $1 each regular price so even a small pack of 20 is around $20 unless on sale. (i.e. BOGO = $20 value minimum). Of course that second $20 isn't pointable but very worth it to me. Now I'm lucky if I get a $4 off or nothing at all.
    torontogal12 likes this.
    Kate

Have a question about cross border coupon shopping? PM me!
    Earn free GC and more with Swagbucks!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

I remember getting that BOGO Aerius. It was AMAZING.
    Quote Originally Posted by katie333 View Post
    I seemed to get better coupons earlier too. The best one I got was a BOGO for Aerius. I'd use a coupon on the first pack for $5 off, then get the second pack for free. These pills are $1 each regular price so even a small pack of 20 is around $20 unless on sale. (i.e. BOGO = $20 value minimum). Of course that second $20 isn't pointable but very worth it to me. Now I'm lucky if I get a $4 off or nothing at all.
    Apply every possible promo code to your cart, at every store that you visit (and get points for cash back on top of that?). It's sweet and easy with HONEY.

Always use Ebates and get cash back at over 600 online stores! Use this link to get $5, FREE

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    4 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Mich649 View Post
    Anyone who had the email offer 8000 points WUS $30.00 try to use it more than once, get the points and keep them? I thought I read that some people had tried and succeded, I just don't want to waste my money if it doesn't work. Thanks

yes ive done this many many times...lol.....as long as it doesn't say the pts will be added later, they usually go on immediately

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

Got a few good ones this week.

Pay $1.99 for any Kelloggs cereal (I'll see if they have any promos on the boxes)
    $1 off any Ritz (which are on sale for $1.99 this week!)
    2000 points WUB Softsoap. Softsoap is on sale for $2.99 this week. I'm guessing 2000 points is worth that much on a bonus redemption anyway, so the soap is essentially free.

Was hoping for a 20x or a 18500 WUS $75.. but I got 20x WUS $30 on over the counter meds. Bleh. I'm gonna spend 0 on over the counter meds for the next while.
    Anna Michele and Karlina like this.
    Apply every possible promo code to your cart, at every store that you visit (and get points for cash back on top of that?). It's sweet and easy with HONEY.

Always use Ebates and get cash back at over 600 online stores! Use this link to get $5, FREE

Current user title here.
    Trading Score
    17 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by torontogal12 View Post
    Got a few good ones this week.

Pay $1.99 for any Kelloggs cereal (I'll see if they have any promos on the boxes)
    $1 off any Ritz (which are on sale for $1.99 this week!)
    2000 points WUB Softsoap. Softsoap is on sale for $2.99 this week. I'm guessing 2000 points is worth that much on a bonus redemption anyway, so the soap is essentially free.

Was hoping for a 20x or a 18500 WUS $75.. but I got 20x WUS $30 on over the counter meds. Bleh. I'm gonna spend 0 on over the counter meds for the next while.
    I got the kelloggs 1.99 coupon too. I want to know if anyone tried using it. Not sure if this type can be used more than once in the same transaction.
    torontogal12 and Karlina like this.

CaToonie
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by captainfats View Post
    I got the kelloggs 1.99 coupon too. I want to know if anyone tried using it. Not sure if this type can be used more than once in the same transaction.
    I got it too. Tried to use the coupon for 2 boxes but it didn't work. My local store doesn't have any boxes with new promo or with coupons, so I picked the Corn Pops and used manufacturer $1 off coupon too. I might try to use the SDM coupon again if I find new promo boxes.

Trading Score
    199 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by r0c0upons View Post
    yes ive done this many many times...lol.....as long as it doesn't say the pts will be added later, they usually go on immediately
    Thank you! I'll try it next time I get it again

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    8 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Karlina View Post
    I got it too. Tried to use the coupon for 2 boxes but it didn't work. My local store doesn't have any boxes with new promo or with coupons, so I picked the Corn Pops and used manufacturer $1 off coupon too. I might try to use the SDM coupon again if I find new promo boxes.
    Oh they actually let you combine the coupons? My $1.99 Kelloggs says can't be combined with other coupons, but I have some $1.50 off coupons so was excited to get some 50 cent cereal until I read the exclusion. Glad it works, I'll be trying it soon
    Karlina likes this.

CaToonie
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by sun_shine View Post
    Oh they actually let you combine the coupons? My $1.99 Kelloggs says can't be combined with other coupons, but I have some $1.50 off coupons so was excited to get some 50 cent cereal until I read the exclusion. Glad it works, I'll be trying it soon
    As usual, depends on the cashier. I asked if I could and she said it is not the $ off coupon, just pay $1.99. Good luck!

Page 2 of 33 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Thread Information