User Tag List

Page 28 of 33 FirstFirst ... 18 26 27 28 29 30 ... LastLast
Like Tree749Likes

Thread: Shoppers Personalized coupons - sucking lately?

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    5 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by QueenH View Post
    I am so frustrated with SDM and optimum pts. Last month I had an issue using the personal email coupons for 20x any chips ahoy cookies. I purchased 4 packs and never got my pts. I called and cust.service only gave me 740 pts out of the 1400 I was entitled to. They called it a goodwill gesture. (?) Whatever. Then I used another same type of coupon this month and again no points I called and this ignorant rep told me they already awarded me a goodwill and they will not do it again. I explained its a totally different transaction and she said so its the same problem. I shot back, yes with your system not me as a customer. I made the purchase I gave you the proper coupon and you are not honoring it. They insisted that they did last time but wont anymore. So basically she said because I had this problem before I will not be honored any adjustments again. What did I do wrong? She refused to forward me to a supervisor she continued to talk over me and claimed I lied about the coupon because she does not see it on her system and I already called about the same issue last month. I told her I have the receipt both months and I can fax them as proof and I have a copy of the coupon that states that points are to be awarded for the total on all eligible products. She argued no its only on one not all. Basically I got no where as she just talked over me refused me a supervisor and basically said dont use the coupons anymore cause they wont work for me and I can fax her my receipt as proof but I wont get the points. Man I am so pissed off and this ingrates attitude. Nothing like being accused of doing something wrong when you did nothing wrong. Maybe this is a rant but also a question to my fellow SC'ers. Has anyone used this 20x pts coupon successfully? and has anyone ran into this problem with SDM where they claim to not see your purchases on their system even though its on your receipt and just dismiss your issue altogether?
    I had exact the same experience. The 20 times coupon failed on me twice. when I called in, the rep said it is a good will gesture, and wont do it for me again. Its their system fault, I dont know how could they claim giving me the pts that they should have is a nice gesture, besides all the inconvinience this has caused me!!

Anyways, I've never used the 20 times cpn since then. Just use the other ones if they are good, usually there is at least good one per week and i'm happy on that.

I guess it depends on which call in rep you encounter, some scers seems had better luck and didnot struggle much to get the pts adjusted.

I am also waiting for the 14th of this month, with little hope that these 20 times pts that did not grant on spot will be granted on 14th of following month. Will find out tomorrow!

Sent from my SGH-I317M using Tapatalk
    Last edited by LoveCpn; Mon, Apr 14th, 2014 at 10:50 AM.
    ROMEO and Anna Michele like this.

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    8 (100%)

Many people seem to get much better results when they post on the Facebook page; they tend to respond quickly and from what I have seen, they resolve the problem. I would suggest doing that, and mentioning how you were treated by their staff when you called in. I have only called once about an issue, a couple of years back, and they did nothing for me over the phone (I went to a store to buy something that was in the flyer, advertised on the food flyer of items that are supposed to be found in every store and they didn't carry the item. They simply told me which location I could check next for the item). I then came home and emailed them, telling them that their phone reps were completely unhelpful and told me that I was wrong, and then they replied to the email with an apology and a 'gift' of points to make up for the whole situation. I would recommend at this point you either email (should hear back in 24-48 hours) or post on the Facebook page (should get a response within a couple of hours). Good luck!

On a side note: the 20x cookies coupon worked for me instantly when I used it a few weeks back.
    ROMEO and Anna Michele like this.

Trading Score
    22 (100%)

Thanks for the advice. I did contact them through Facebook and maybe it will be resolved. Last month with a past issue of missing points the rep added them as a "goodwill" gesture, which basically means just to get rid of you gesture because it worked against me now. It was explained to me that they will not award you any other points regardless of the issue, only one goodwill gesture per account. Um even though its not a complaint it was an error on their part and you are entitled to those points, this "goodwill" gesture actually works against you and stays on your file like a red . Nice.
    Last edited by QueenH; Mon, Apr 14th, 2014 at 04:31 PM. Reason: forgot a word
    sun_shine likes this.

Canadian Genius
    Trading Score
    51 (100%)

Last edited by lecale; Sat, Jan 24th, 2015 at 07:02 PM.

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    5 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by lecale View Post
    I believe these 20x bonus points coupons are 20x on one item? If multiple items were purchased then you would not get points on all of them even though you might think you should have them. Then SDM would offer the makeup points only as goodwill. However this only serves to make people think that they should indeed get 20x on all like items, instead of just one. Do you think this is what is happening? I have used 20x coupons before and only got points on one item. I thought that was they way they were supposed to work.
    I didnt get the 20 times on even one item, eg., coke. I bought the 6pack of 1.97 and got no bp on it. does it only eligible on single bottle? never tried...

Sent from my SGH-I317M using Tapatalk
    Last edited by LoveCpn; Mon, Apr 14th, 2014 at 03:45 PM.
    lecale likes this.

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    8 (100%)

I believe these 20x bonus points coupons are 20x on one item? If multiple items were purchased then you would not get points on all of them even though you might think you should have them. Then SDM would offer the makeup points only as goodwill. However this only serves to make people think that they should indeed get 20x on all like items, instead of just one. Do you think this is what is happening? I have used 20x coupons before and only got points on one item. I thought that was they way they were supposed to work.
    If that is the case, they should change the wording on the coupon because as QueenH mentioned they say "Points are issued according to the net pre-tax purchase total of eligible products..." I have one right now for mascara. I could test it out and see what happens if I find a cheap enough mascara to buy 2!
    lecale likes this.

Canadian Genius
    Trading Score
    51 (100%)

Last edited by lecale; Mon, Jan 19th, 2015 at 04:03 PM.

Trading Score
    22 (100%)

The coupon I have can be interpreted either way. It states 20x shoppers points when you purchase any Chips Ahoy Cookies.*
    *Points are issued according to the net pre-tax purchase total of eligible products after redemptions and discounts and taxes using a valid shoppers optimum card.
    Now thats plural "cookies" and "products" so it can go either way, like any chips ahoy cookie package or more than one and the plural on products implies more than one. Now seeing its been awarded for multiple qualifying items before then it should be the same for everyone. Maybe these coupons need to be made clearer as to say points awarded on one qualifying item.
    I hope these issues work out well for everyone. Thank you again for your opinions, advice and help.
    Last edited by QueenH; Mon, Apr 14th, 2014 at 04:44 PM. Reason: oops autocorrect
    lecale likes this.

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Just to chime in - I used a 20x ANY Coke (6pack) and 20x ANY Cookies last month. Never got points for either coupon. Contacted them through Facebook with scans of my receipt showing the coupons were entered, and copies of the 2 coupons I used. Never heard back from them, and decided not to bother calling (I hate calling places so much, and frankly the "goodwill gesture" response would probably make me angrier than not getting the points).

So I'm just not going to use those ones any more, until I see it consistently working for others. Luckily I didn't really lose out, because I had planned to buy the Coke and Cookies anyway (and both were on sale!).
    hcao, LoveCpn and sun_shine like this.

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    8 (100%)

Back from my experimental shop, and solved the mystery: when the 20x coupons work, they DO work on multiples as implied by the fine print.
    Name:  image.jpg
Views: 534
Size:  119.8 KB

So unless it has to do with the order in which optimum, items, and coupons are entered, I am not certain why these 20x coupons don't work for everybody And to confirm for QueenH, yes you *should* have earned 1400 on that previous purchase as the points should be based on the total of eligible items. Though, keep in mind in both instances they would only owe you 19x because the other 1x shows up as base points. HTH, though I know this doesn't necessarily help you get your points awarded, just confirms that you're right.
    Last edited by sun_shine; Mon, Apr 14th, 2014 at 07:29 PM.
    lecale likes this.

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I'm amazed at how complicated SDM shopping has become - it is no wonder that cashiers have what seems as arbitrary rules about couponing. I've giving up doing anything at all "complicated" like manufacturers coupons and points coupons since I end up in discussion with cashiers (and I never seem to win). I spend lots of time reading the fine print on coupons and then trying to point it out to the cashiers/managers but end up usually with people behind me getting irritated. I do enjoy reading how much variety there is on what different SDM's accept....and marvel that couponing has become so complicated at SDM that we have so many posts with questions....and so many different answers to the same questions.

Trading Score
    107 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by ottawacouponlady View Post
    Anyone else notice that the BOGO's say "purchase one qualifying product at regular price and receive second qualifying product at equivalent or lesser value for free"....and "not to be used in conjunction with any other coupon or offers" so rare I'd buy anything at regular price at SDM not sure if I'd use these - anyone ever use and get a great deal?
    Quote Originally Posted by Anna Michele View Post
    I have not i also was wondering if they ring in at 50% each like their bogo sales anyone know?
    Noticed the fine print on my personalized BOGO as well.
    I used it yesterday for something on sale for 2.99 (regular 4.79) and my receipt showed

Abcdefg 1.49 SALE
    Sale 2.99
    PC_***** 1.50-

Abcdefg 1.50 SALE
    Sale 2.99
    PC_***** 1.49-

So yes, they still ring in at 50% and coupon works on 'sale' items.
    Search & Win using Swagbucks! Redeem for amazon.ca/Cineplex/Shutterfly gift cards.
    Click >>> Swagbucks <<< and start earning your own.

Trading Score
    26 (100%)

I think I hit the jackpot for coupons this week

$2 off any cereal - kelloggs on sale for 2.99 this week
    $1 off ritz crackers - on sale sat for 1.49
    BOGO bottled coke 6 pack - on sale sat for 1.97 (12 bottles for $2! Rarely can you find one bottle for less than $2 in a vending machine)

Also got 4000 points wub $20 of food and snacks, doubt I'll spend that much though.
    scbpooh, Anna Michele and Jp-13 like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

I got a few good ones also, Unfortunately the best one they sent was spend $25 get 20x points it's dated for last weekend the 18 & 19 ??? The rest are good until May 2.

Frosh Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I got 1.50 off household cleaner. May sound stupid but...What can I buy with it? Lol

Page 28 of 33 FirstFirst ... 18 26 27 28 29 30 ... LastLast

Thread Information