User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree47Likes

Thread: Quaker Chewy Yogurt Granola Bars - wrong grammage on coupon vs actual product?

Trading Score
    228 (100%)

Hey guys,

So I am honestly so confused right now about a coupon. I believe it's from the Walmart magazine? I ended up writing Quaker so instead of re-writing my entire story I'll just paste what I sent them. If anyone has an answer for me that would be a great help.

Hi there,

My family loves your granola bars, especially my kids. Because my husband and I are both students, I try to save any way I can. I recently came across a coupon for $1 off any Quaker chewy yogurt granola bars 156g, soft baked oatmeal cookies 210g, harvest quinoa granola bars 175g, harvest warm and crunchy granola 384-400g or hot cereal cups70-75g 5855 (expiry of May 31 2014).

I want to use this coupon on the Yogourt Granola Bars (http://www.quakeroats.ca/en/products...blueberry.aspx) that we always buy. We love the Strawberry, Blueberry, and Vanilla. However I am genuinely confused, because the coupon states that it is good on the 156g Chewy Yogurt Granola Bars, and the only boxes I have ever been able to find in this variety are 175g. So of course, no cashier will accept my coupons. I have a bunch of coupons that I have collected from friends, family and fellow coupon buddies.

Am I missing something? The coupon is slightly different wording from the actual box of granola bars as well, because the box reads, "Quaker Granola Bars Yogourt Blueberry" while the coupon reads, "Quaker Chewy Yogurt Granola Bars". This coupon is valid in Canada. The UPC is 15305855. If you can offer any advice on where I can find this product please do let me know as my family goes through these boxes quickly and due to the wording I can't use this coupon on the 175g boxes.

Thank you for your time and I apologize at the length of this email.

Regards,
    An avid Quaker consumer! (Bronwen M.)

Edited to add.... Quaker's response:

Bronwen:

Thank you for contacting us.

It seems like the product you are looking for is our Quaker Chewy Yogurt Bars Strawberry & Banana. It is a new flavour launched in our line of bars made in a peanut free facility.

We're sorry you're having trouble redeeming the coupons you've collected. We have taken the liberty of sending you some coupons to the address you provided.

We always appreciate hearing from our consumers.

Thank you for your interest in our products. We hope you will continue to be one of our valued customers.
    This thread is currently associated with: Walmart
    Last edited by Bronwen; Mon, Feb 10th, 2014 at 11:12 PM.
    walkonby, ticul and CouponKitten like this.
    Join me, and other women like YOU! BELIEVE & TRANSFORM is a community of positive, uplifting women who support and encourage each other with ZERO judgement!

We are women supporting women; moms helping moms. We are YOU. Join us today

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    28 (100%)

I would love to hear what they say back. My son loves the strawberry yogurt bars and thats what I was going to use the coupons for. It must be a typo and maybe the 156g are the regular granola bars? Hmmmmm
    ticul, Bronwen and saveaholicmama like this.

Trading Score
    228 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by peachies View Post
    I would love to hear what they say back. My son loves the strawberry yogurt bars and thats what I was going to use the coupons for. It must be a typo and maybe the 156g are the regular granola bars? Hmmmmm
    I will definitely post their reply as soon as I get one. I hope they can actually answer instead of just sending out an apology coupon. That's not what I am fishing for here. I want an actual answer for once lol.
    Join me, and other women like YOU! BELIEVE & TRANSFORM is a community of positive, uplifting women who support and encourage each other with ZERO judgement!

Trading Score
    254 (100%)

The chewy yogurt ones are the new ones, with the cow or some cartoon on the box, are they not? Not the usual ones they have always had available.

HUH? YOU DON'T DO SWAGBUCKS??? ARE YOU CRAZAY?!

Trading Score
    726 (100%)

Here's a pic of the new Chewy Yogurt bars. 156g.

I only bought this kind so not sure how many varieties there are.

HTH

Trading Score
    173 (100%)

Yep, that coupon is for all of the newer products
    saveaholicmama likes this.
    Make an easy $20+ per month with Swagbucks - watch videos, search, play games & get paid!
    ~ ~ ~
    Save while shopping online with cashback from ebates
    Get cash rebates when you buy from amazon.ca, Old Navy and more - get paid by cheque or paypal!

Trading Score
    228 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by bargain_hunter_lola View Post
    Here's a pic of the new Chewy Yogurt bars. 156g.

I only bought this kind so not sure how many varieties there are.

HTH
    Oh my yes that's incredibly helpful and I think completely answers my question lol. Now I feel like a dummy. Where did you get those, I've never seen them before. Ty!!

Trading Score
    726 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Bronwen View Post
    Oh my yes that's incredibly helpful and I think completely answers my question lol. Now I feel like a dummy. Where did you get those, I've never seen them before. Ty!!
    I bought them at Metro. So far that's the only store I've seen them in but I'm sure other stores either have them now or will be getting them very soon

Don't feel like a dummy. You don't know unless you ask. Hopefully Quaker will send you some more coupons!

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    36 (100%)

The coupon is good for the new Quaker products. They have the new Quaker Chewy Yogurt Bars 156g. If you have the Freshco flyer, you will see all the new Quaker products that you can use the Walmart coupon for. They are on sale at Freshco for $1.99.

Trading Score
    228 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by mpag2002 View Post
    The coupon is good for the new Quaker products. They have the new Quaker Chewy Yogurt Bars 156g. If you have the Freshco flyer, you will see all the new Quaker products that you can use the Walmart coupon for. They are on sale at Freshco for $1.99.
    Thanks I do see them

Scottishgal
    Trading Score
    480 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Bronwen View Post
    Hey...Don't feel like a dummy. I tried to use them also. The cashier actually showed me the right ones. This was at Safeway
    Ciel, bluzsuz and Bronwen like this.

Trading Score
    193 (100%)

we eat the other granola bars too. I was so excited when this coupon came out. Then I realized like you that it doesn't work. I did find those cow boxes and bought 1 for the kids to try. They did not like them We only found the strawberry/banana ones though). Maybe a different flavour would be better.
    Bronwen likes this.
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/PinkSapphire. Click to get FREE Giftcards just for searching the web. It is so easy.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    459 (100%)

I just bought the Strawberry/Banana ones as well and the only ones I found at Metro! My DS#2 loves them!
    Bronwen likes this.
    Want to keep fit while earning incentives like Scene Points? Join Carrot Rewards using my personal code: rosaw3424

Easy Free Online Rewards--Paypal, Amazon, Etc.

http://swagbucks.com/refer/BlingPink

Trading Score
    228 (100%)

Thanks for everyone's responses! Do any of you know what other flavours there are?

Also, if anyone has any coupons ft please lmk

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    50 (100%)

You might want to check out if your Target carries new Quaker product. There is $1 off Quaker item coupon for this week. I assume it applies both current and new ones. You can combine it with $1 off from WM magazine. You may end up getting them cheaper or free.
    Momof3girlies, bluzsuz and Bronwen like this.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information