Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    147 (100%)

Shoppers cashiers $#@%^&&*$#!!!!!
    This thread is currently associated with: Shoppers Drug Mart

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

We'll not all but I have certainly had my issues with some of them. It is the ones who don't understand or really know what is going on that are the problem ones for sure.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    147 (100%)

I have problems almost every time I go. One week I asked for a raincheck, she told me to go grab the sticker. The next week I grab the sticker to ask for one, and the cashier came over and told me I'm causing trouble. I can't take the sticker off - if I do, I won't be allowed to buy the item at that price (it was the very angry way she said it). The supervisor heard this, and instead of apologizing, backed her up. Last week, I was aiming for $30, after I paid I checked my receipt and an item was priced too high. She refunded the item before I could say anything. I told her it would ruin my points. Supervisor came over and said we'll just re-do it with the lower price (sort of nice of her). Lots of stuff….. Then I told her it wouldn't work because of the SCOP…. She said - well we don't do it unless you ask… (with condescending tone) Um, what do you think I'm doing (of course I told the original cashier). At the end of it all, she says - you need to calculate your totals BEFORE you get to the cash. I always do - I bring a calculator with me, and have extra items in my cart.
    Last night - I can't even explain. I had 2 coupons, and 2 email coupons for bonus points. I told her I was wanting to hit the $75. I watched and asked her to subtotal - and when there, I stopped. She said in very ANGRY way - you can't do that! The coupons are bringing your total too low. No problem, I hear this all the time. I said, the computer says to issue promo. She said - that's because you haven't paid yet. I mentioned that coupons count as cash, but knew I shouldn't bother. It was the way she was shouting at me in an angry tone, and putting her head in her hands and shaking it hard. Over and over. I asked her to call someone else. I know all of these people, I shop there all the time. He also said you can't go below $75. I told him I shop every week and he knows it, and coupons always count. He said to put the coupons in, and if it still says to issue card, to do it. I told him it already says to issue card - but whatever - I said do it. (lots more rude things and head shaking, and people in line behind me. I told them to serve the next person please because I was embarrassed - they said they could call someone else… but they weren't). So, my coupons go in, and it says: ISSUE PROMO!!!!!!!!!!! Does she say anything???? NOOOOOOO. THEN, she looks at my bonus point coupons and again - YOU think you can use these too!! You can't do that. She was angry, her body was kind of shaking. I told her these were sent to me to be used. The supervisor told her to key them in. She didn't say anything to me, gave me my receipt and served the next customer.
    This doesn't do it justice. I'm a bad story teller. I didn't say anything rude. I said, I see that you are upset by this, but it is policy that you can use coupons. I mentioned an example of 20x day and still getting the points - but she freaked out - insisting you certainly don't get points unless it's $50 after coupons. I knew there was no point in saying anything. But by the end I was angry. There were several people in line behind me - thinking I'm one of those crazy customers. Then I wanted to say something like - don't you owe me an apology? But I was too angry to engage in anything. If it didn't go my way - I may have said something inappropriate. The supervisor said, bye, have a nice evening - and I gave him a look, like, really?, but said thanks. He is very nice, but ill informed himself on coupons. I have had issues using coupons with him, but at least he's very nice about it. She was ANGRY - like I was stealing and she chased me herself into the parking lot.
    Wow, what a vent - I think I wrote all of that without breathing. Kind of hope no one reads this!

Trading Score
    30 (100%)

I don't even bother going to Shoppers anymore. Too much trouble and stress. I redeemed all my points, shredded my card and moved all my meds to Safeway.
    niro_anan, Insane, Zonny and 6 others like this.
    Just call me Wolfie

Trading Score
    551 (100%)

^
    ^
    This is like a reg day for me at shoppers.
    Today i had an issue with taking coupons with a quebec redemption . I dont get why yhry cant just send them to the appropriate address and have a satistfied customer. I emailed head office they were closed i got an email saying it could be a while til i hear from them. Ill be calling in the morning.

Sent from my GT-S7560M using Tapatalk
    Poirot and angel_2011 like this.
    JOIN NOW WIN BIG in the Survivor Pool starting in the Spring
    Season 40 Winners At War
    https://forum.smartcanucks.ca/435852...a/#post7022499

Frosh Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

I very rarely shop at Shoppers, I am happy whenever I hit the first line of points and get $10.00 lol. I did stop into shoppers last night and while there stopped to check my lottery. WOHOO won a free ticket, should have been an easy transaction but nope it was not. All I wanted was an my free ticket with an encore. Ended with an angry cashier because she printed off more then I wanted because she claimed it was what I asked for.
    niro_anan and angel_2011 like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    147 (100%)

I know… it's all the time. The one I used to go to had decent cashiers, but the store was never stocked. Always half full, and what was there was often expired (by a lot!). At least this store has decent stock. The guys who do the stock are very nice and helpful. It's the front end that stresses me out. Oh, and wastes my time!
    angel_2011 and Anna Michele like this.

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    38 (100%)

wow, your shoppers seems to be having a horrible time keeping their cashiers in line. To be honest No cashier should be arguing whatsoever.. PERIOD. Not becaue they have no right but usually they DONT KNOW . sometimes things change and they dont get the memo and then when all is actually WELL and fine with supervisor they end up being RED because they were quick to bat you off like a mosquito instead of calling someone to clarify. If she cant handle stress.. which clearly comes with the job , id suggest maybe a less harsh environment . Imagine there was an actual customer who YELLED at her? I'd imagine her response is to fuel it further or maybe close her mouth and take it... it didn't mean she had to be completely rude to you when you didnt bother her with anything else but her JOB.

I work at fast food and you can imagine the crap I hear from customers saying IM ripping them off.. actually no, the company that pays me does... I didn't sell my soul to my workplace..I just go in the days I work, Do my job and go home and rarely think about the company on my OWN time... so no i dont make prices.. and im not responsible. I get people stating food is too small and we dont fill the food containers to full. When infact we can barely close the container because its exploding with food... I usually dont say anything but explain to them if they want a bigger size it would be extra... as it seems this container size isn't enough to fit your needs.. maybe you should pay the actual price of $6 for fries.. and then they freak out AND SAY NO... NO its OK . I'm fine wih what i have. Then they load up on ketchup, hotsauce, salt, pepper, ALL the sauces you have , MAYO. and i say nothing other than the sauces that cost extra will need to be paid for aswell....

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

whoa sounds like that cashier is going to give herself an aneurism. What do you mean she chased you into the parking lot?

Sounds like you need a new SDM. I avoid the crappy ones now and just go to the coupon friendly ones. I try to go during the day too rather than after work because I find the day staff is better informed
    Apply every possible promo code to your cart, at every store that you visit (and get points for cash back on top of that?). It's sweet and easy with HONEY.

Always use Ebates and get cash back at over 600 online stores! Use this link to get $5, FREE

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

couponing at SDM is a NONO to me also. unless one of the supervisor is working there(the only one that is coupon friendly) out of rest of the crew. They are the only store that will not let me use a $1 coupon on a $.99 item.....
    Last edited by cinpow; Wed, Mar 12th, 2014 at 08:10 PM.
    Mags likes this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    71 (100%)

this is the main reason why i am trying to trade my now 95000 plus pts. too stressful with sdm/ cant deal wih them.

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I know how that feels
    GET $5 OFF Herbal and Nutritional Items Coupon Code: XIF785 http://www.iherb.com Low shipping charges to Canada Save about 30-40% Off retail prices. 14,000+Brand-Name Herbal & Nutritional Items Pay No TAX on items!

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

@vaughangal-did you check the Donate Points option to see if there's a local cause in your area that could benefit from your points? Just a thought if you are keen to part with them.

Since I don't use points for redemption on purchases, I donate my small points amounts to charities. Bonus point amounts make the giving better.
    torontogal12 and Anna Michele like this.
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Well, don't go to Shoopers and I actually don't to it my sis didn't anymore either because the sale items and the points program is hard on her budget

Trading Score
    167 (100%)

I had a funny experience.. in review, a few days ago.. I had a mamogram and popped into shoppers to get some Olay with my $3wub2..it was more painful than the test.. uggh coupon says it will include tax in total if applicable.. as the beauty bars (soap) were $1.25 for pack of 2.. YaY free to me.. anyways.. It took about 20 minutes, 2 cashiers AND a supervisor to find a way to enter it. I tried to tell them but somehow the sound didn't seem to reach them through the cone of silence :O) anyways.. the one girl says.. you can't do this here.. I'm like, sure I can.. your policy states.. blah blah blah.. she is like we have a policy?? loll I told her to look online but lordie.. Why don't the stores train their staff??
    Last edited by MillieH; Fri, Mar 14th, 2014 at 03:33 AM.
    niro_anan, Ciel, DianneS and 5 others like this.
    Be sure to click like and post a brag if you get the deal.. It makes my day!!! Flattery may just get you more deals

Be sure to double check your flyer, points and cashback offers~ YMMV

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information