User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree69Likes

Thread: People who don't honor their debts

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Decaf View Post
    Keep reminding her until she gives you back the money.

I wonder if there's a rule somewhere saying if you borrowing an amount under $5 then you don't expect to pay back. Whenever I loaned someone money $2, $5 they never give it back to me. Say a coworker come up to me and asked to borrow $2 for coffee but the next few days they just act like nothing happened. And if I dare to remind them about that they act like I was the cheap one. Like you're cheap for asking to be paid back the money they BORROWED from you. I have no problem buying someone a coffee, muffin, cookie or whatever but when someone borrow something from me I expect them to remember and pay me back promptly. Is it a workplace culture thing??
    I buy coffee etc sometimes for my co-worker's etc & don't expect anything from them ..but this is out of my own free will & kindness.

But I never lend money to them if they come upto me ask me to buy a coffee for them , like your co worker did ..in that case I expect them to return the favour some other time by buying me a coffee

I hate it when they demand one as oppossed to me just getting one for them casually on my own , when I go out to get mine

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Do you buy coffees regularly? Why not pressure her into buying you one, I'm sure you will get your $30 worth of coffees before they pay you back.. Or, magically be there when she's buying her coffee (most likely with debit/credit) and ask her to get a cash back..

No one likes to fight dirty here, but she doesn't give you much choice..

Chris - (theseecoway.com)
    MillieH and toronto166 like this.

Frosh Canuck
    Trading Score
    8 (100%)

Saw this on facebook:
    When someone owes you money, you may borrow the same amount from a mutual friend/coworker, and ask the person who owes you money to pay that friend/coworker instead. It'll be a lot easier to bring it up in the conversation, like, hey, just wondering - you have given XX the money already, right?
    It's less awkward to remind someone to pay somebody else.
    MillieH and toronto166 like this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Not nice. I would definitely bring it up at this point.

Hope it all works out and you get your money soon. Nothing worse than an awkward situation at work.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I have a family member who has 'borrowed' thousands of dollars from another family member. I say 'borrow' loosely. This family member also has thousands of dollars of credit card debt besides this 'borrowed' money. And the money taken was not used to pay off debt. Luckily this family member has stopped the money train. Person is not obviously happy being cut off and will likely never pay back this money.

Once or twice in my life I have borrowed money. $100 at the most. My first priority is to pay that person back whether all at once or two payments. I make sure the person knows and is aware of the payment plan. Restaurant meals, new shoes etc can wait. Paying back is the most important.

I never understand how people can use others, not pay them back, take them for a ride etc.
    Last edited by toban; Sat, Sep 6th, 2014 at 01:27 PM.
    toronto166 likes this.

Trading Score
    167 (100%)

If you don't feel comfy asking for your $$ outright. Perhaps ask if she doesnt plan on buying the item. she give it to you to sell as you need the money.
    toronto166 likes this.
    Be sure to click like and post a brag if you get the deal.. It makes my day!!! Flattery may just get you more deals

Be sure to double check your flyer, points and cashback offers~ YMMV

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread Information